Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
06-01-2011, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middlemore
Remember, great players play to win, but if you actually play to win, and beat the great players, you're a lame cheese player.

Shame on you, FS. When will you learn to start letting people beat you?
what on earth is all the fuss about. qew learned to adapt and beat us (back in the day)! i wish their premade was still around. just their A Team though.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32
06-01-2011, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middlemore
Remember, great players play to win, but if you actually play to win, and beat the great players, you're a lame cheese player.

Shame on you, FS. When will you learn to start letting people beat you?
Seeing as how FAW and Pengs are confirmed to be broken by devs and will (eventually...) get fixed, teams should not be using them if they want to be taken seriously.

However, using something like 4x Scramble sensors, while annoying and easy to use (cheesy if you will), is fine.

There is a huge difference.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
06-01-2011, 04:00 PM
I completely agree, however I struggle to think of any "respectable" PvP fleet that I HAVEN'T seen abusing FAW or (lately) Pengs. TSI, FSI, FS, LF, SOB, 7th Core, etc. etc. Qew is the only one that really springs to mind TBH. Which I guess makes them the most awesomest PvPers evar.

EDIT: Whoops, I stand corrected, my bad.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34
06-01-2011, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middlemore
I completely agree, however I struggle to think of any "respectable" PvP fleet that I HAVEN'T seen abusing FAW or (lately) Pengs. TSI, FSI, FS, LF, SOB, 7th Core, etc. etc. Qew is the only one that really springs to mind TBH. Which I guess makes them the most awesomest PvPers evar.

EDIT: Whoops, I stand corrected, my bad.
LoL at the screen I was in a Karfi 5 days after the Faw got OP'ed not using full wp my ships was an old build I atm not have played for a while. I was setup as a healer/debuffer putting beta on everybody. But dont worry my Karfi is changes now hehe no faw for you

I use Faw with full wp up until 3 days after the buff, dont have any screens would have loved to send you one.

I also used Faw alot before.

Btw some of the fleet you mention dont use Faw anymore but wtf who cares
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
06-02-2011, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middlemore
I completely agree, however I struggle to think of any "respectable" PvP fleet that I HAVEN'T seen abusing FAW or (lately) Pengs. TSI, FSI, FS, LF, SOB, 7th Core, etc. etc. Qew is the only one that really springs to mind TBH. Which I guess makes them the most awesomest PvPers evar.

EDIT: Whoops, I stand corrected, my bad.

I will admit I built a Peng Boat with my Main Fed. Intrepid with 4 Pengs 1 BA and 1 Tric. In my defense I did it for the novelty factor. I do not even know the first thing about building a rock hard sci ship. SO I built it with high aux and high shields and little to no weapon power. Of Course I do not have a clue about what Boffs to use I feel 2 HE and 2 TSS is probably over kill but again this build isn't permanent. If you see the USS Peng In the Bum its me. I am a LF/SoS member. If left alone the Peng salvos are deadly.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36
06-02-2011, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidemand82 View Post
wtf who cares
I feel that we are making progress.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
06-02-2011, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
I will admit I built a Peng Boat with my Main Fed. Intrepid with 4 Pengs 1 BA and 1 Tric. In my defense I did it for the novelty factor. I do not even know the first thing about building a rock hard sci ship. SO I built it with high aux and high shields and little to no weapon power. Of Course I do not have a clue about what Boffs to use I feel 2 HE and 2 TSS is probably over kill but again this build isn't permanent. If you see the USS Peng In the Bum its me. I am a LF/SoS member. If left alone the Peng salvos are deadly.
Just make sure you use Grav Well and Scramble and get speced into to those.. Shockwave might be fun too.. Just Saiyan.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 38
06-02-2011, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
If you see the USS Peng In the Bum its me
Ohhhhhh, so that was you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 39
06-02-2011, 11:16 AM
No FAW/Peng/SS3 from me

Although if I get excessively FAW'd in a match, I'll FAW them right back. I've said it before and I'll say it again, an RSV with Sensor Analysis and other fun Sci tools is a highly underrated FAW platform
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 40
06-02-2011, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middlemore
I completely agree, however I struggle to think of any "respectable" PvP fleet that I HAVEN'T seen abusing FAW or (lately) Pengs. TSI, FSI, FS, LF, SOB, 7th Core, etc. etc. Qew is the only one that really springs to mind TBH. Which I guess makes them the most awesomest PvPers evar.

EDIT: Whoops, I stand corrected, my bad.
Small note: FSI is not a "conventional" fleet. We provide a common platform (forum & Vent) for all italians that play STO (not all italians are in FSI but almost all FSI ARE italians). Most of our members are casual PvE players that may join queues for the sake of emblems only.

The FSI PvP team is the same as in KT Leagues (4 of us actually active) with 2 new recent players still "in training".

As a general rule FSI PvPers DON'T use broken mechanics, i.e. FaW and LoL'Pengs, or other silly aspects of the gameplay (mine spam, pet spam, Scramble spam, etc.).

However, we don't force our PvE-only players to respec into "fairplay" builds, hence the occasional FSI player FaWwing his way into emblem farming.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:45 PM.