Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
05-31-2011, 05:01 PM
I'm actually not entirely opposed to this idea.

While I shudder to use a call of duty reference with this crowd, there is a game mode called Mercenary death match, were only non teamed players compete. something like that here could work, give premades a challenge, give pugs and casual/new pvp'ers a chance.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-31-2011, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafeism
I'm actually not entirely opposed to this idea.

While I shudder to use a call of duty reference with this crowd, there is a game mode called Mercenary death match, were only non teamed players compete. something like that here could work, give premades a challenge, give pugs and casual/new pvp'ers a chance.
the best solutions are to actually work like a team- what happens if this type of mode is implimented but fleet members still end up on the same team? what then? all it takes is 2 people to know what theyre doing and end up on the same team to make a difference. and this is still assuming that premades would want to fight premades constantly.

i cant tell you the number of times people have left matches against tsi.... premade and otherwise.
auto teaming and voice communication are key to make pvp workable for none premades. voice chatting is on its way, so all thats needed are auto teaming...
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-31-2011, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
i cant tell you the number of times people have left matches against tsi.... premade and otherwise.
auto teaming and voice communication are key to make pvp workable for none premades. voice chatting is on its way, so all thats needed are auto teaming...
*Rofl* I couldn't agree more. Once auto teaming is fully implemented PvP queues are going to fill up. Matches are going to be fun and challenging again, and the KDF will get new ships ....
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-31-2011, 09:05 PM
The most fun I have in matches is when my pug beats a fleet team. Azurian, is there nothing that works for you in this game?
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-31-2011, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyMac View Post
The most fun I have in matches is when my pug beats a fleet team. Azurian, is there nothing that works for you in this game?
Ah that reminds me, i was in one PuG last weekened who made a full premade (sternenflotte) quit the match, when it was just 7:0
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-31-2011, 10:02 PM
Oh yeah they (sternenflotte) do that a lot.
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-31-2011, 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam
I like the idea of single player pvp queues.

As for the FvK thing, why is everybody so obsessed with forcing people to play FvK? increase rewards for it -fine! But forcing ppl to do so is a giant pile of ....
Cluttering the Queue list is bad.

More FvK should be in because the K side has problems getting matches as people seem to prefer the "safety" of FvF. Or whatever. I don't read people's minds.

The war is between the Klingons and the Federation. It should happen more often. Call it my inner roleplayer demanding his rights.
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-31-2011, 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post
Again, cant say this enough: get a team. This is a team game, not individual.
I am saying there are actually more people teamed up then we would see from call-outs in the Organized PvP. A team vs single player queue would force these to show their true colors.

I suspect that it won't be that friends are forced to play solo - I suspect that "single players" will be forced to get into the team queue, as otherwise they will see less pops then they do now. And the "team" queue will popl more reliable as well, as it's unlikely that the team will fail to accept the match...
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-31-2011, 11:33 PM
I think KvF should be the true pvp matches for reward, so the Klingon faction doesn't suffer. FvF should just work as training missions.

With that said, I do not want to be forced to boring teaming with the same people over and over, I want to have the thrill of unexpected team composition and the need to adjust to the situation at hand. Its really not hard concept to grasp and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

I don' like beeing forced to something, and i do not like force something upon others. While people like Beagles play only for win (at any cost), the concept of just playing for "fun" eludes them, as in their view the only fun is in winning.

But I would paraphrase budhistic? view...the destination is not important, but the journey...for many of us, the actual pvp game is more important then the outcome.

Hence the most logical thing to do, is to please everyone:

FvF (training missions = no reward)
FvK (pvp rewards; and only for winning)

Solo (Random) queues (only individuals can queue)
Team queues (both teams and individuals can queue;maybe higher reward than from solo queue)

That should filter out afkers, as without their automatic reward they wont bother. People who like to fight with friends will play against other teams as well. And solo players will be thrown in random matches.

Really, I don't see the issue here ? Except from those, who play in teams and queue against PuGs to boost their e-peen, but lack the balls to fight equally prepared opponent.
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-31-2011, 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyMac View Post
Only when it comes to PvP. And given people's feedback regarding it, I'm far from being alone. :p

Really, we all know PvP is so broken that Cryptic has to put some signficant time into it. But all liklihood we are just going to see some quick fixes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
so im being punished for playing with friends? what if there are no other people around will to take a private que?
for a game thats about team work... it wait.... no i suppose this game isnt about team work.
So Casual PvPers have to suffer because we can't beat you and have to accept losing all the time? That's exactly why there is hardly any new blood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post
Again, cant say this enough: get a team. This is a team game, not individual.
No, it's not. Teams just fair better than individuals. But PvP is definitely not for Teams, just look at the PvP that goes in Ker'rat. And I guarantee you, when Open PVP and Territorial PvP zones are added, people will be PvPing solo there as well.