Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 41
06-01-2011, 04:43 AM
I had an hour or two free time yesterday so i decided do some pugging. Actually i enjoyed it somewhat.

But i still think that a premade player would do well pugging, hell, i did quite well and i'm not that good.

In the end i still agree with what beagles said, i dont think someone can be a great player untill they play in the toň tier premade v premade games. (not that i put myself in that category at all!)

Also, i think i played both with and against you dalnar (i'm kort) :p

GGs

Edit: eh i put this in the wrong thread... Lol :p

Ontopic: i dont think we have population for this atm. Dunno if it's been suggested but what about just a new premade que thag you can only join with a team but stilm keep the old ques. That way a team wont have to wait forever for another team to get on.
Lt. Commander
# 42
06-01-2011, 04:46 AM
Kort ? the FAW assault cruiser ? :p oh :p Wish I had someone like you in the second match tho..our cruisers did spam FAW too, but well, they sucked
Lt. Commander
# 43
06-01-2011, 04:51 AM
No, i dont use faw. But i still managed to out damahe the faw cruisers on my team.
Lt. Commander
# 44
06-01-2011, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thamupp View Post
No, i dont use faw. But i still managed to out damahe the faw cruisers on my team.
Ah my bad then, too many 8 beam cruisers were in match must have been the other one from the 3man team you joined then. Well were good matches anyway, especially against those Klingons before :p
Lt. Commander
# 45
06-01-2011, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Simply put, we need an option to fight Premades or not.
Simply put, you want the game to become more singleplayer friendly.

Maybe we could have a "casual queue" where teams of 5 players fight a team of 5 NPCs that have a slightly tweaked AI that permits cross-healing?
Lt. Commander
# 46
06-01-2011, 05:12 AM
Simply put, premades should fight premades...just a thought
Lt. Commander
# 47
06-01-2011, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
Simply put, premades should fight premades...just a thought
How many full premades are out there at any given time? I think you hugely overestimate that number (which is probably slightly lower than 1 most of the time and only rises to 2 or 3 on a few very busy nights every couple of weeks).
Lt. Commander
# 48
06-01-2011, 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
How many full premades are out there at any given time? I think you hugely overestimate that number (which is probably slightly lower than 1 most of the time and only rises to 2 or 3 on a few very busy nights every couple of weeks).
Its higher than you think. Its funny how I meet full La Familia team in one match, and Special Operation Group in next....then after a couple of matches some 532, 564, 112, or whatever XXXth fleet. Then some german premades and some more fleets I have never heard of, but clearly teamed. Maybe, I just pvp much more then you..or at the right time.

Anyway we would need just 2 premades at one time so it works :p Considering good matches take even an hour, you do not need high amount of teams at the same time.

Anyway, in current system as it is, there is no room for competitive gameplay, no reason except ego, and ego wont pay bills for this game. The "casuals" keep the game running, not the vocal minority.

So unless the pvp system changes as whole, to encourage people into competitive gameplay with some kind of rewards, and punishes afkers, it wont change. If there is good reason to play as team in competitive gameplay, I'm sure people will flock to that queue.

But I guess its much better to play on the great pvers, moan about low population and rather do not change anything, because beating PUGs, is much more easier

I don't like premades in queues, because they scare off my fellow puggers and with their "THERE IS NO CHANCE" proclamation go afk.
Lt. Commander
# 49
06-01-2011, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Its higher than you think. Its funny how I meet full La Familia team in one match, and Special Operation Group in next....then after a couple of matches some 532, 564, 112, or whatever XXXth fleet. Then some german premades and some more fleets I have never heard of, but clearly teamed. Maybe, I just pvp much more then you..or at the right time.
At what time do you play?

Quote:
But I guess its much better to play on the great pvers, moan about low population and rather do not change anything, because beating PUGs, is much more easier
Could you stop it? I wouldn't mind playing premade vs premade all the time, but there are simply no other premades out there when I play. But on the other hand this means that this one lonely TSI half-premade group that I play with won't disturb your pugging all that much.
Lt. Commander
# 50
06-01-2011, 05:50 AM
Quote:
At what time do you play?
European Evening / Weekend Morning (especially during this time there is plenty of groups)

Quote:
Could you stop it? I wouldn't mind playing premade vs premade all the time, but there are simply no other premades out there when I play. But on the other hand this means that this one lonely TSI half-premade group that I play with won't disturb your pugging all that much.
I will stop my demagogy, if you stop yours.

I'm personally not bothered by premades, what bothers me, is that premade scare people into afk/quit. Because those causal see no chance, and do not even try. Separating them from "elite" pvpvers, would perhaps increase pvp interested in them, instead disgusting them. Because premades do not try to simply "win" but often even humiliate those poor souls or even smack talk in chats. There is difference between defeat and humiliating defeat if you understand me.

Eventually some of them would find joy in competitive gameplay and make their own teams and improve the population. Its hardly possible if they are disgusted by the "top" vs "pug" gameplay and see it just as free 3 emblems per day.