Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
05-31-2011, 04:59 PM
I like it!

OmegaXIII may be able to field a team! More cannonfodder for the pro premades!

If not, I'll be able to fill in if needed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32
05-31-2011, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post
This is good. I hate putting restrictions on games, but this game is unique in that the devs appeal to single player players and it crosses over to the multiplayer portion of the game.
and then the multiplayer people get blamed by the single player people...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
05-31-2011, 05:14 PM
I'll definitely join so long as the teams are split up evenly (no ALL TSI or SOB). I have no problems whatsoever, as I've stated before, with using FaW or scramble sensors. The Pengs are a definite leave out. I do think though that the teams should be more balanced and have less ship restrictions. Only one cruiser is not really great. Only on assault cruiser (including dreadnought) makes more sense, this leaves room for a Star Cruiser healer....I do think that only ONE sci dedicated ship (LRSV-R,D'Kyr,Nebula) should be allowed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34
05-31-2011, 05:18 PM
Count me in. I wil bring my science ship.it has two sensor scramble two fire at wills that new torpedo that looks cool and my a mk iv engine. Where do i sign up?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
05-31-2011, 05:54 PM
Im interested. Talking with mates.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36
05-31-2011, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE1701 View Post
I'll definitely join so long as the teams are split up evenly (no ALL TSI or SOB). I have no problems whatsoever, as I've stated before, with using FaW or scramble sensors. The Pengs are a definite leave out. I do think though that the teams should be more balanced and have less ship restrictions. Only one cruiser is not really great. Only on assault cruiser (including dreadnought) makes more sense, this leaves room for a Star Cruiser healer....I do think that only ONE sci dedicated ship (LRSV-R,D'Kyr,Nebula) should be allowed.
so a team tourny where some of the top teams shouldnt allowed to play with their friends? hows this fair? its who ever wants to be on whoevers team. i cant make fleet not play with their fellow fleeties/friends. they have the option of participating or not.

if you choose not to par take because of this, that is your choice.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
05-31-2011, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post
This is good. I hate putting restrictions on games, but this game is unique in that the devs appeal to single player players and it crosses over to the multiplayer portion of the game.
Well.. All games with PvP have two types of players..

1: The ones that plan and calculate and minmax everything for the best possible chance of victory against as many different styles of play as possible

2: The ones that PvP casually.


Take Starcraft as an example..

If you ever played it online, you know that each race had players that sat and calculated how many of this unit is needed to take out x number of that unit.. And with carefully planned timetables (how long time does it take to build 50 Zerglings? - How many Zealots can my opponent build in the same time?)

There also were a large group that liked their matches to be longer deals.. Often with a timeframe where attacking is no-go.. IE: Build a base, then expand, not going directly for the opponent.


I belonged to the second group.. When I played SC, I quite enjoyed the 2-3 hour matches, and conversely despised the 5 minute matches I got against those min-maxers/rushers..
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 38
05-31-2011, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE1701 View Post
I'll definitely join so long as the teams are split up evenly (no ALL TSI or SOB). I have no problems whatsoever, as I've stated before, with using FaW or scramble sensors. The Pengs are a definite leave out. I do think though that the teams should be more balanced and have less ship restrictions. Only one cruiser is not really great. Only on assault cruiser (including dreadnought) makes more sense, this leaves room for a Star Cruiser healer....I do think that only ONE sci dedicated ship (LRSV-R,D'Kyr,Nebula) should be allowed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
so a team tourny where some of the top teams shouldnt allowed to play with their friends? hows this fair? its who ever wants to be on whoevers team. i cant make fleet not play with their fellow fleeties/friends. they have the option of participating or not.

if you choose not to par take because of this, that is your choice.
what the sense of play pvp in a pvp-day with all STO pvp-fleets without play with fleetmates ???


Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 39
06-01-2011, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
Sounds like fun

Im in..
Sounds interesting to me as well. Depending on the date and times.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 40
06-01-2011, 04:23 AM
final rule set is in place, unfortantly so we dont get overwhelmed we are only doing an 8 team tourny. first come first serve.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:25 PM.