Lt. Commander
# 1 Vet Belt Problems
06-01-2011, 03:43 AM
The only uniform to have a perma belt is The Motion Picture uniform.

In my opinion this causes a problem if we want to use the new 500 day veteran belt.

As shown in the picture linked below

With Vet belt | As it is now
------------------------------------------------
As it should be | With the vet belt

Illustration of the problem

Now if the original belt for TMP uniform was something we had to select like all other belts this problem would go away. Or if it vanished if an other belt was picked that would work too albeit not as great.

Disabling using the vet belt on this uniform should not be implemented instead this should be resolved to work with the belt in a similar fashion as suggested above.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-01-2011, 05:14 AM
In fairness: The TMP uniform also had the belt "build" into itself... so the Uniform is accurate.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-01-2011, 12:54 PM
The "belt" on the TMP uniforms isn't a belt. But, it was never explained what the function of that device was.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-01-2011, 05:11 PM
I forgot to mention, I don't care so much if it is how the uniform was in the movie as much as I care about how it works in the game. I want to be able to wear the Vet belt with it, I can, but it looks very ugly.

One way to fix that is to make that "belt"-thingy on TMP uniform that is sown on to the front an option. Then we can use the mirror belt, TWOK belt or the Vet belt or any belt we have purchased without them overlapping or looking ugly.

The fanbois canon preachers can put on the original "belt" to keep their uniform like the movie.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-05-2011, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by champion1701 View Post
The "belt" on the TMP uniforms isn't a belt. But, it was never explained what the function of that device was.
It was intended to be a bio-monitor
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-22-2011, 03:01 AM
Can someone please move this to the Arts forum?

Intended or not to be a permanent part of the uniform. I want to have an option so I can use other belts with that uniform without there being clipping problems and te bio monitor making it look ugly.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-22-2011, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simale
Can someone please move this to the Arts forum?

Intended or not to be a permanent part of the uniform. I want to have an option so I can use other belts with that uniform without there being clipping problems and te bio monitor making it look ugly.
I agree, that TMP belt thing should become a regular belt and be removeable AND be useable on other uniforms.

Live long and prosper.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-26-2011, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingbadger View Post
It was intended to be a bio-monitor
That's what I thought too. I think it's also some sort of personell locator in case you are either lost on the ship or during an emergency so search teams can find you. They were built into communicators by TNG,

If you look closely during TMP, there's these little things on the ceilings in the corridors with little lights in them. I think those supposedly showed the location of nearby people in that section of corridor.
TNG inherited the TMP sets and I think those became part of the fire detection/suppression system.