Lt. Commander
I have my original away team from the very begining, and I hit VA today. Just wanting to know, what ground abilities should I be getting for them, and upgrading, etc? I am a tac captain, and I swap ground kits as needed, but I have no idea what ground skills to get for my BO's. I usually run with 2 tacs, an Eng, and a Sci.

Any help would be appreciated, the Borg are much tougher than anything else so far, which is why I am asking now. Never needed to worry before, no I am actually having to respawn instead of getting rezzed!
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-02-2011, 10:00 AM
i would run with 1 sci medic with all heals and 3 eng with all ranks of phaser turrets and 1 weipons killer thing. with all your engs haveing 3 turrets each thats 9 o_O and they will desemate anything in their path. give them all wepions that will hit more then 1 enemy at a time to help kill faster like asoult weipons what ever their called
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-02-2011, 11:13 AM
lol, sounds interesting, but I was looking for a more "complete" soluation than just spamming eng's with turrets
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-06-2011, 08:31 AM
If you get them to all fire in the same direction, that is a good start.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-06-2011, 10:11 AM
I am tac captain, but I have toon in each class in each faction.
I suggest that you search the Academy section for the Ground Playbook.
It is barely written in English, but I can tell you with certainty that the information in the guide is the best available.
On all of my toons in both factions, I switch back and forth between "Safety Inferno/Fire" and "Safety Pine/Redwood."
I got fleeties to train the skills that I can't train on each officer. I can tell you that you will be hard pressed to find somebody with Grav Shift 3 on their science toon; consider change the order so that you get all three skills in either I or II, but keep the skills the same. Most Sci toons have tricorder 3.

You will find that you can burn through most baddies with ease. It is worth the investment, at least it was for me....

Good Luck!
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-10-2011, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarhamen View Post
i would run with 1 sci medic with all heals and 3 eng with all ranks of phaser turrets and 1 weipons killer thing. with all your engs haveing 3 turrets each thats 9 o_O and they will desemate anything in their path. give them all wepions that will hit more then 1 enemy at a time to help kill faster like asoult weipons what ever their called
This is what I do, it works brilliantly, although sometimes I slip a tactical officer into the mix as well to draw some of the fire off of myself. It's also useful to bring one if you're not a tac yourself since some of their powers will help the rest of the squad do damage.