Lt. Commander
# 1 PvP Fun/Chat/Stories
03-02-2011, 07:10 PM
62 pages of awesomeness... And we finally got a little too carried away... However, since that thread (Amusing PvP Chats) contained some of the most awesomesauce commentary ever... We need MOAR!!!

Let the fun continue here! Things we evidently need to keep in mind... :p
  • Limit swearing... And links to posts with swearing... And hinting at swearing...
  • No @handles (blur/block them out)...
  • Beagles must post "lol ground' at least once in the thread. (All must bow to his superior wit!)
  • Everyone must bring popcorn and/or 'adult beverages' to share!

-Big Red
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-03-2011, 01:12 AM
How do I know if my beverage is adult? I only read an expiry date?

BTW: I think the game actually has an option in the language filter to block out swear words. One could activate it, it's not like you actually need to read them to get another chatters intent. (OR maybe you do? I mean I could intentionally write %&$"! and it not be replacing a swearword? But then, who really cares if it was a real insult or fake, it would probably still be amusing..)
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-03-2011, 01:42 AM
I turned off the ingame swear filter as soon as I found out how - it annoyed me by blocking out too many non swear words.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-03-2011, 02:59 AM
Encountered Gripple's 'friend' from the other day (the screenie that got the other thread closed, may it Rest In Peace)... Had very similar... Is conversation the right word? It was mostly a badly-butchered form of English, with a lot of swear words that he probably doesn't know their meaning... He /ragequit after sending me a bunch of angry tells in Chinese... I haven't laughed that hard in a LONG time.

-Big Red
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-03-2011, 05:51 AM
Thank you BigRedJedi for starting this one. I just checked the last one and noticed that they closed it. I was getting ready to start a new one when I noticed this. OK people, lets keep this one clean. Stay on top of the censorship of the posts you make and no more links to bad language we want to keep this one going.

Now for the complaint, I bust chops at Ker'rat all the time and I whine and complain too yet I've never made one of these amusing chats lists. I am really annoyed at that. I guess I will have to try harder next the next times.

I've seen a ton of great chats but I never saved them (my mistake). You gotta love it when people PM you and then complain for no reason. I had one guy do it when the 2nd Romulan featured episode came out. Out of no where I get a PM that says:

"You are a low life name stealing cheater. That name's been used since the beta version of the game you <bleep>. You should not be allowed to play this <bleep> game. It's <bleep> people like you that make games like this bad. I'm reporting you for thievery you stupid <bleep>."

Then I was put on his ignore list. I only wanted to tell him that my name has been my avatar since December 2008 and that I have used the name since beta. However I was not happy at all with the character so I had to delete him and start him over again (the skills and traits just didn't go together well).

Funny thing is that the names aren't exactly the same either. He uses the short version of it while I use the full version of the name. I do wish that the game only allowed a name to be used once, then I would be the only one with this name , but unfortunately it does not.

BTW, setting up the keg now, so it should be ready in a minute. BUT I'm not bringing the pizza too!!
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-03-2011, 07:02 AM
I am officially ready for anything........

Lets GET IT ON........

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines and Cryptic Studios Infraction Policy ~WishStone
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-03-2011, 08:03 AM
^ hahaha that's funny!

lol costumes
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-03-2011, 08:59 AM
I tried to get a certain someone to 1v1 me in Ker'Rat after calling me a CPB/mine spammer (neither of which are in my build). His response is in my sig :p
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-03-2011, 10:22 AM
Heh, I might have been around for that last night. I remember seeing plenty of Klink mines about and I fell victim a couple of times, getting me out of my cloak.

My favorite times in Ker'rat are when I get into 1v1s with BoPs (I fly a Defiant-R). They're usually even, exciting fights, if we both start out at even health. However, last night I ended up on the receiving end of 3v1 BoP vulture attacks while I was fleeing from Borg attacks at 50% hull. I"m ashamed to say I said some stupid crap in zone chat out of frustration.

Even, fair fights are fun in Ker'rat, but the klink vultures can really reduce my enjoyment sometimes.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-03-2011, 10:33 AM
So it wasn't the Monty Python skit that closed it? Good. That would'v been silly.