Lt. Commander
# 1 The Lucky 7th Fleet
04-05-2011, 06:02 PM
The Lucky 7th Fleet is comprised largely of Professional Military Officers, Enlisted personnel, and First Responders, from around the world! The 7th Fleet travels across the galaxy, in support of the Federation, her citizens, and her interests.

Until recently, the 7th Fleet was not accepting new members, because we felt that we were at our capacity for effective operations. I'm pleased to announce that the Fleet Leadership has agreed to slowly expand our fleet, and our Task Force groups. This means more opportunities for you, if you want to advance your career in Starfleet.

If you think you have what it takes, to service with the best, then fill out an application with the The Lucky 7th Fleet..

If accepted into the Fleet, You must demonstrate that you have a strong ethical and moral character. If you have any questions, please contact the 7th Fleet Recruiting and Retention Officer, Captain Christian M. Hanson
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-06-2011, 02:50 PM
I'd like to take the opportunity to announce that Ensign Stewart has been re-assigned to the 7th Fleet Marine Division with the rank of 2nd Lieutenant. Good luck Lieutenant Stewart!

I would like to welcome Ensign Kor to the 7th Fleet! Ensign Kor has been assigned to Task Force 78. Good luck on your first assignment Ensign Kor!
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-06-2011, 03:41 PM
Greetings, fellow officers of Star Fleet.....

I am Commodore Ezreq Blodvaerd, Chief Intelligence Officer of the "Lucky 7th" Fleet.

I have been a proud member of this fleet since November of 2009. I look back to my first days as 2LT (Second Lieutenant) and one of the earliest members of the 7th Fleet's, 7th Marine Division.

The "Lucky 7th" Fleet has been an asset to Star Trek Online. Our members have been vocal, and active members of the STO community. We have been active from the time of closed beta, to this very day. We are renowned for our social events, from promotion ceremonies to real life weddings and on more sombre occasions...funerals of real life loved ones who have passed on.

I can't say what initially drew me to the "Lucky 7th" Fleet, but I can't imagine being a part of any other fleet.

For those of you who are looking for a fleet, I'm sure there are some great ones out there...but I can honestly say......You will be "LUCKY" to be a part of this fleet.

Hit my signature if you feel like being a part of the finest fleet I have ever had the privilege of serving with.
Lt. Commander
I'm Commander Max Hunter and I'm coming up on my 1 year mark being with the 7th Fleet. I'm also the XO for TF-88, our intelligence task force. OOC, that means we pretty much run the Klingon sister fleet, and act as agressors during fleet events. We also had a lot of fun a few months back running a pvp "war" with a full-time Klingon fleet.

I joined the 7th Fleet for a variety of reasons. The activity level on the website was high, always a great indication for a guild, and as Captain Hanson said, most of the members are either active or former military, or public servants of some kind so I knew I would be in company with people of similar values and maturity level. I didn't want a fleet that was too hardcore rp but I didn't want a fleet that was just going to evaporate after STO wasn't the newest game on the block anymore either, and the 7th fit that bill as well.

I highly doubt the camradarie that we have can be matched by any other fleet in-game. I've also learned to appreciate the 7th fleet for the freedom to take ideas and run with them. We've had numerous fleet events that originated from and were run by non-command staff. Just like the real military, we reward initiative and encourage members to make the fleet into what they want it to be.

Our fleet is a good fit for anyone with a military or public service background. We keep a relaxed atmosphere with just enough rp to be fun. Fleet members are almost always online and ready to answer questions or help anyone out. On our website, you'll find a multitude of ACTIVE threads going on any given day and, in game, we run monthly fleet events, from simple bar-hops to yet another shot at the Crystalline Entity (someday...someday).

If you're looking for a fleet to stay with for the long-haul, I hope you will do your research and check out our website. And feel free to contact me in-game via whisper or mail if you have any other questions.

As you can see by our namebars, we have some talented artists as well. If you're ready for own namebar or your own custom patch for your startship, check us out.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-07-2011, 01:18 PM
Greetings, fellow sentients...even you Vulcans and pinkskins. I'm Commander Bor'annus p'Rett, Executive Officer of Task force 78 of the 7th Fleet.

*peels off the blue mask*

RP aside, I've been part of the "Lucky" 7th since September of last year, and have been enjoying every minute of it. I was looking for a fleet with members that were not only active, but active throughout different times of the day. As a now retired member of the military, the large number of current and former military members appealed to me.

Their adherence to certain military style traditions also makes the 7th more than just another fleet; all members can advance in fleet rank; there is a standard rate of advancement, though sometimes earlier promotions are approved. The fleet leadership recognizes and rewards initiative and leadership. We also have a few talented artists that design the namebars you see here, as well as patches for the members' vessels. Above all of that, though, my biggest reason for staying with the 7th is the camaraderie that's present; everyone makes you feel welcome. it's like an extended family, with all of its associated dysfunctions, of course.

So, you're thinking to yourself, why should I join, especially if I'm not military, don't care about patches, or any of that nonsense? For one thing, we get stuff done, and many folks are happy to re-do missions or team up for fleet actions, PvP...you name it. We held our first quarterly "Fleet Readiness" wargames - PvP private challenges between the Task Forces. A lot of fun was had, and our *cough* Marines dusted off some deadbeats and managed to claim the bragging rights for the next few months.

Much like Commodore Blodveard, I can't imagine myself being a part of any other fleet.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-07-2011, 02:33 PM
Hello, I am LtGen Charles Talbot, The Commanding General of The Lucky 7TH Fleet's MACO Division.

We are the Marines in the fleet, and just like real life Marines, we, in the MACO Division, have Core Values.

They are:
Honor

Honor guides Marines to exemplify the ultimate in ethical and moral behavior; to never lie, cheat or steal; to abide by an uncompromising code of integrity; respect human dignity; and respect others. The quality of maturity, dedication, trust and dependability commit Marines to act responsibly; to be accountable for their actions; to fulfill their obligations; and to hold others accountable for their actions.

Courage

Courage is the mental, moral and physical strength ingrained in Marines. It carries them through the challenges of combat and helps them overcome fear. It is the inner strength that enables a Marine to do what is right; to adhere to a higher standard of personal conduct; and to make tough decisions under stress and pressure.

Commitment

Commitment is the spirit of determination and dedication found in Marines. It leads to the highest order of discipline for individuals and units. It is the ingredient that enables 24-hour a day dedication to Corps and country. It inspires the unrelenting determination to achieve a standard of excellence in every endeavor.

If you feel you have these qualities, and would like to be with people that share the same values, then come to our website, and sign up for duty.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-07-2011, 04:43 PM
Iím Major General Augerson, Deputy Commanding General MACO Division. After serving over 20 years in the United States Marine Corps. I was looking for a fleet that was well organized and had senior membership. I joined 7th Fleet May of 2010 and have enjoyed every second.

Why should you consider joining: There are many reasons, we are well organized in game and our website, our membership is dedicated to be the best in game, Respect for each member and there opinions, and the idea of having a great place to share ideas and work together as a team.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-08-2011, 12:29 PM
I guess it's my turn!

My name is Captain C. Hanson, and I've spent ten years in the United States Air Force. I joined the 7th Fleet right before open BETA, and I couldn't imagine serving with another other group of people. The members of the 7th are not only very disciplined, but they are a lot of fun!

If you want to server in a serious, mature fleet, but at the same time have an absolute blast, then you really need to learn more about the 7th Fleet!

Please PM me, or visit our website if you have any questions!
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-13-2011, 11:04 AM
Just an update.. The 7th Fleet Task Forces have been updated..
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-17-2011, 03:02 PM
Welcome to Ensign Jason, the 7th Fleet's newest member!