Lt. Commander
Paramount Digital Entertainment and Ontario-based Digital Exremes have announced plans for a new Star Trek co-op shooter will be released for PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in summer 2012.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/686...-co-op-shooter

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/3..._Trek_Game.php
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-03-2011, 03:47 PM
thoughts:

- game to the movie... those are never good
- "Tripple A" is overused... and untrustworthy by itself, can be anything from 60 - 85 ratings
- Coop could be fun...
- the Weapon Spock has in his hand on the artwork-pic looks like ripped out of HALO
- seems like a short development time
- the #1 spot to promote STO while the next movie runs has just been stolen by that game
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-03-2011, 06:28 PM
Its going to be amazing
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-03-2011, 06:32 PM
I loved Elite Force so I hope this is good if not better
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-03-2011, 09:57 PM
The J.J.-verse just means it's going to suck in my opinion. To make it worse, it's going to also be available on consoles so it sure won't be a pretty game to look at on any platform.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-03-2011, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
thoughts:

- game to the movie... those are never good
- "Tripple A" is overused... and untrustworthy by itself, can be anything from 60 - 85 ratings
- Coop could be fun...
- the Weapon Spock has in his hand on the artwork-pic looks like ripped out of HALO
- seems like a short development time
- the #1 spot to promote STO while the next movie runs has just been stolen by that game
It's being handled by Digital Extremes, creators of the Unreal Series.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-04-2011, 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
It's being handled by Digital Extremes, creators of the Unreal Series.
Yeah, and Catwoman was done by the same people that did Bugs Bunny. Just because one product did well doesn't mean the next will, or even be of the same caliber. That's how you set yourself up for disappointment or just feed the "Hype Train".

Next up, "Angry Birds-The Next Generation". It's cool though, it's done by the same people that did that one game, moved on and changed teams, and produced that other stuff.

Star Wars, Phantom Menace, done by the same guy that did "New Hope". Has to be good. Oh, Snap! Wasn't the JJ movie done by the same studio that did Wraith of Khan? (Different staff, same company.)?
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-04-2011, 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
Yeah that's obviously a Covernant Plasma Rifle.

And well I dont really care much... no actually I dont care about JJ Trek at all.
So I dont care about this game either.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-04-2011, 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maina View Post
Yeah, and Catwoman was done by the same people that did Bugs Bunny. Just because one product did well doesn't mean the next will, or even be of the same caliber. That's how you set yourself up for disappointment or just feed the "Hype Train".
When a developer releases one popular title, it's not a trend.

When a developer works on dozens of popular, well-received original IPs, sequels, ports, and even gets called in as consultants, that's a trend.

While past performance isn't a guarantee of future performance, it is a good indicator for drawing estimations from--especially with the lack of data we have. Somehow, you seemed to mistake my comment for some final, sure-fire statement of the game's success. It wasn't, nor was it an unreasonable conclusion.