Lt. Commander
Hi there.

First off all: I love the Foundry. I've already played so much entertaining missions that I can't tell you how much I like that tool.

But there's one thing that really annoys me or even more let me feel bad about the Foundry.

The number of "click-console-to-win" missions seems to get higher and higher. I really feel bad about this because from my point of view this is some kind of missusing that system. I don't believe it was made for that kind of exploit (I don't want to start about all that accolade in 1 hour stuff).

I am really afraid about this. How long does it take until Cryptic decides to take the Foundry down because of this cheaters? I report every one of this missions but they are still available. I can imagine that it's not that easy for the Dev's to delete them and I even think the number of them is too high,

It's just my opinion so please feel free to give a comment about your opinion. But I would really like to hear your thoughts about this topic. It's obvious that a lot of people like this kind of missions because they have a high reating.

Greets
Nahari

(By the way: I am sorry for any grammer mistakes. I am not a native speaker)
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-17-2011, 03:53 PM
Ya - it was said they remove those missions, but I got so annoyed I rarely go into the foundry anymore because the search is cluttered with that stuff.. They can't keep up with it and I've heard of no solution in the works.. and for new people trying out the foundry thats the first thing they see and move along..

- x -
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-17-2011, 05:43 PM
It's a shame, because the Foundry is one of the best game features I've seen in any MMO.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-17-2011, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NahariKajal View Post
I am really afraid about this. How long does it take until Cryptic decides to take the Foundry down because of this cheaters? I report every one of this missions but they are still available. I can imagine that it's not that easy for the Dev's to delete them and I even think the number of them is too high.
The important thing is that you're taking the right course of action as a player. Cryptic is doing their best to address the issue and you can help them by filing tickets when appropriate. Every time you see one of these missions, take the time to report it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-18-2011, 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NahariKajal View Post
I am really afraid about this. How long does it take until Cryptic decides to take the Foundry down because of this cheaters?
they wont take the foundry down, dont worry about that, but they do need to pick up the pace and remove some of the ones that have been reported. i appreciate its a time consuming act but i think someone needs to go through and sweep the exploit missions away.

the important thing is if you see one, dont rate it, dont ignore it - just report it. they will get taken down eventually.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-18-2011, 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
they wont take the foundry down, dont worry about that, but they do need to pick up the pace and remove some of the ones that have been reported. i appreciate its a time consuming act but i think someone needs to go through and sweep the exploit missions away.
I think so too. I can imagine it takes time because you can't delete missions only by accusation. So I am going on to play the foundry police and report all that missions.

Still I think it's a shame for a so called "adult" community that so much cheaters are out there and missusinge this tool. On whatever I am going on to play the foundry police and report all that missions.

Also it is good to see/read that other players think just like me and don't take the foundry as "become VA51 in 60 minutes"-machine.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-21-2011, 11:15 PM
Here is an idea: Have the foundry track the average play time of each mission. Then provide a search filter to filter missions based on average play time. The ones with short average play times are probably those you'll want to avoid.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-21-2011, 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commandr View Post
Here is an idea: Have the foundry track the average play time of each mission. Then provide a search filter to filter missions based on average play time. The ones with short average play times are probably those you'll want to avoid.
My first idea was "How could that be possible?" but in fact it isn't outside the realm of possibility - the game is capable of doing sth. similar with the PVE queues (Of course I know that it is not as easy as it sounds and code-programming is just short of magic. )