Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
06-19-2011, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyMac View Post
I accept your challenge....... oh, wait ..... I rolled a KDF character about two months after STO went live. He has recently made it to Captain 6. It's a horrible grind, and I agree with the OP, the content is seriously lacking.
LOL, I too rolled one around the time you did...and mine is a BG...I joined wanting to be a Klingon...and I leveled up proior to any content...but now there is nothing to do and no reason to roll another..so I wait....
Lt. Commander
# 32
06-19-2011, 07:17 PM
Quote:
I don't think any fed player, would deny that klingons need much more love.
But it isnít us you got to convince sadly...itís the developers.
that pretty much sums it up

Quote:
Ah but that is the issue, we are trying to convince the devs, by convincing you to try and play a Klingon. The more klingons we have, the more population we have, the less they can say 'you're only a small portion of the population, we cant devote time to you'.
thats not a valid excuse to not support an entire faction to start with. and if more people started playing klingons they would just come up with another excuse.

what they need to do is take 6 months and develop only klingon content. feds have enough to allow for that. and this is coming from someone who plays a fed
Lt. Commander
# 33
06-19-2011, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoav160 View Post
Play one to get the population up. If the KDF never gets worked on kiss your third/fourth/fifth factions goodbye.
TBH I'm not holding my breath as it is
Lt. Commander
# 34
06-19-2011, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
Ah but that is the issue, we are trying to convince the devs, by convincing you to try and play a Klingon. The more klingons we have, the more population we have, the less they can say 'you're only a small portion of the population, we cant devote time to you'.
No, you should be convincing them that the population is low to the lack of development, because thatís the truth.

Not because no one wants to play klingon, which seems to be their excuse.
I remember there been plenty of klingons back in the day, so there point is not valid, just a way out.

Also i do have a Klingon
Lt. Commander
# 35
06-19-2011, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes85 View Post
that pretty much sums it up

thats not a valid excuse to not support an entire faction to start with. and if more people started playing klingons they would just come up with another excuse.

what they need to do is take 6 months and develop only klingon content. feds have enough to allow for that. and this is coming from someone who plays a fed
I can only speak for myself, but I would gladly let the devs only focus on the klingons for a while.
I miss those green ships show boating about how good they are in pvp, lol
Just keep feeding us feds new episodes...hehehe.
Lt. Commander
# 36
06-19-2011, 11:02 PM
I have 2 LG KDF alts and a 3rd at LC8. Yes the Klingons need more PVE missions, but all the ones whining that they have been in STO since the beginning and not up to LG are just Lazy.
Lt. Commander
# 37
06-19-2011, 11:50 PM
I have been playing a Fed for 465 days. I've been sitting on VA1 cap a bout a week after it was released. I have maxed out all my gear, my bank, FDC, misions, and was a bit bored with Accolades. So I thought I would start a Klingon and I will reach cap tonight. I realy wanted to see the 'Kar'Fi Battle Carrier' in action.

I don't PVP so I leveled purely on Explore Missions. I haven't even completed any ground missions. After tonight I will probobaly start another federation character becuase I just don't enjoy playing a klingon.

Things I don't like ...
  • Low population
  • The ships are borring (The BoP look basically the same, I miss the wow factor when I got new ships)
  • Can't stand the RED interface (I miss my blue).
  • Interface needs to be more Klingon (nor a Red federation one)
  • Finally ... I feel dirty shooting at Federation ships
Lt. Commander
# 38
06-19-2011, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllGottenBooty
I have 2 LG KDF alts and a 3rd at LC8. Yes the Klingons need more PVE missions, but all the ones whining that they have been in STO since the beginning and not up to LG are just Lazy.
Yes, because it's laziness that prevents a person from doing things they don't find fun, in a video game.

Sorry, while I wasn't here at launch (and thank goodness for that!), I did roll a KDF character. Got her up to LC before I quit playing her. Wasn't fun. Actually brought back memories of my time in Lineage. Lineage 1. While it wasn't that grindy (few games could be and survive nowadays), it felt like work. I tend to prefer gettin' paid for doing work. I tried PvP but I only like zero-sum PvP systems (which is what my EVE accounts are for) so it didn't hook me at all. I tend not to like games that have PvP tacked on (and not as a central focus of game development), for obvious reasons. So EVE, Darkfall, Mortal Online, pre-Trammell UO, Lineage 2, all my speed. STO's, not so much.

KDF side just feels like, well, the child from a previous relationship. With flowing auburn tresses. A PvP only side could've worked, but it wasn't handled very well here. I know KDF needs a lot of attention (not a little, A LOT) but I don't know if anyone at Cryptic is really championing for it. Somebody with stroke has to go to bat to get the necessary resources allocated. Trying to make up for 18 months of virtual neglect isn't going to be a short term kinda deal.
Lt. Commander
# 39
06-20-2011, 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12guageshotgun
I come here Today as a warrior of the klingon empire to issue you a challenge. I would like for Each federation captain to make a KDF character and reach Lieutenant Commander. it is only 5 grades and will give you an understanding of KDF game play and just how much the faction is lacking. I am not asking you to become Klingon Warriors and wage war on the federation, just to get a taste of what the other side is like, nothing more and nothing less.

Qa'pla!!
already done it, I'm well aware how much the faction is lacking. the idea of PVP advancement is a good one except it is dependant on PVP being highly active
Lt. Commander
# 40
06-20-2011, 04:45 AM
I have a Max rank klingon I did it just to have one I don't play that side though as I just don't like attaking the federation my heart just isn't Klingon