Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 41
06-20-2011, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
I believe most of them KNOW how KDF gameplay lacks, thats why they dont roll a Klingon...
Maybe, or maybe KDF just doesn't float some peoples boats. I've played many a ST game, never was that into the KDF, just not my thing.

The Grand Nagus did a poll before the announcement that KDF would launch as PvP only, and only about 30% of participants were interested in playing KDF. Dan recently said they are seeing about 18% of the population play KDF regularly, so, maybe under ideal circumstances KDF can pick up another 12% or so. There was never going to be population parity, and there will never be population partiy. That just isn't how the Star Trek demographic works.

None of this isn't to say that KDf doesn't need more, they do, but they won't ever have parity, and probably shouldn't, its not cost effective.

That said, my Klingon Tac officer is Commander 7 or 8. I just played him yesterday and I can't remember...
Lt. Commander
# 42
06-20-2011, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12guageshotgun
I come here Today as a warrior of the klingon empire to issue you a challenge. I would like for Each federation captain to make a KDF character and reach Lieutenant Commander. it is only 5 grades and will give you an understanding of KDF game play and just how much the faction is lacking. I am not asking you to become Klingon Warriors and wage war on the federation, just to get a taste of what the other side is like, nothing more and nothing less.

Qa'pla!!
My male tactical Klingon Lieutenant General and female engineer Orion Lieutenant General would like to say hello.
Lt. Commander
# 43
06-20-2011, 11:15 AM
I cuurently have 5 KDF characters. 3 are Lt. Gen (one of each class) and 2 low levels to try a different path. I have 2 VA's but I don't like the Fed side. I have always preferred Klingons (even in TOS). Eventhough leveling a KDF char is a grind I still like the red side better than the blue side. Of course the red Fed interface is annoying. A year ago they were working on a Klingon interface. We don't hear about it anymore. We all want a REAL K't'inga, it won the poll for most wanted Klingon ship. We still do not have it. There is still a rumor going around that the faction was supposed to be pvp-only eventhough this has been debunked on countless occasions. So I salute your effort but it won't change anything. People will play for a while and then go back to the blue side. This will not affect the population numbers. I see more KDF on Tribble than I do on Holodeck these days.

When you read comments made by Fed players who do not have a KDF char yet what you see the most often is: I will until the faction is improved before I roll char. And devs tell us that the faction will not improve until the population grows... Houston, we have a problem. Oops, Qo'noS, we have a problem!
Lt. Commander
# 44
06-20-2011, 11:21 AM
Quote:
I come here Today as a warrior of the klingon empire to issue you a challenge. I would like for Each federation captain to make a KDF character and reach Lieutenant Commander. it is only 5 grades and will give you an understanding of KDF game play and just how much the faction is lacking. I am not asking you to become Klingon Warriors and wage war on the federation, just to get a taste of what the other side is like, nothing more and nothing less.

Qa'pla!!
Yes, we know. The Klingons are hurting for content.
Lt. Commander
# 45
06-24-2011, 07:00 AM
And with the double reward weekend going on, it's really easy to get to Lt. Commander.
Lt. Commander
# 46
06-24-2011, 06:24 PM
Sorry, already beat you to it, I got my Klink up to Brigadier General a few months back, haven't played it much, but I don't play my alts very much anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 47
06-27-2011, 06:37 PM
Quote:

Qa'pla!!
A great idea.I've already done it though.

Although I have to admit that I haven't been playing my Klingon character as much... I vow to get on and rank her up even higher.
Lt. Commander
# 48
06-27-2011, 09:47 PM
This weekend taught me something.

I don't like red.

Wait, lemme 'splain. Blue is my favorite color and I'm okay with red. I'm just not okay with red ALL OVER THE PLACE. The UI, every single freakin' screen and so on. Oddly enough, I don't have this problem with Cryptic's previous title (the one that brought them to the dance) but it's not nearly as in your face, I don't think. So KDF side will be a 'small doses' thing for me, I think. Either that or I roll another of a different profession (current one is a Tac) and try that out. Maybe an Engi in a Battle Cruiser will hook me (given the main toon).
Lt. Commander
# 49
06-30-2011, 09:21 AM
Just giving a update, got my Klingon tact to Commander5, enjoying flying the K't'inga but really looking forward to flying the Vor'cha
Lt. Commander
# 50
06-30-2011, 10:34 PM
Just wanted to mention there's an entire week comin up dedicated to getting folks to log in a Klingon, even if all you do is stand around and chat or got blow stuff up someplace...

Come on it'll be fun....