Lt. Commander
# 1 C-Store Klingon Love
06-05-2011, 03:08 PM
Ok, so it's great that new stuff is coming out on the C-Store for purchase. I think that's great. But really? All the Fed stuff? How bout some Klingon Costume pieces? I know some of the assets are already in game by looking at the NPC's running around. Plus, how bout fixing some of the small things? Like, a Klingon aligned species or Klingon in general NOT using a Fed Tricorder? It's a small thing, but it's an annoyance.

Again, really, how many different Fed Suits does one need? How bout spicing up the Klingon side?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-05-2011, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadAmishman View Post
Ok, so it's great that new stuff is coming out on the C-Store for purchase. I think that's great. But really? All the Fed stuff? How bout some Klingon Costume pieces? I know some of the assets are already in game by looking at the NPC's running around. Plus, how bout fixing some of the small things? Like, a Klingon aligned species or Klingon in general NOT using a Fed Tricorder? It's a small thing, but it's an annoyance.

Again, really, how many different Fed Suits does one need? How bout spicing up the Klingon side?
i think its cos the klink stuff so far has mostly been free.

just by the by, when i saw the title i thought for a second you wanted a mail order klingon bride for your charicter
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-05-2011, 05:22 PM
I expected something naughty. Now I am disappointed. Not cool.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-05-2011, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohort View Post
i think its cos the klink stuff so far has mostly been free.
My Garumba Siege Destroyer was definitely not free.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-06-2011, 12:19 AM
i was kinda disturbed when i watched in the C-Store yesterday and have seen that the FED Fighter costs 400 Atari Tokens AND the KDF Fighter costs another 400 Atari Tokens...

i kinda expected that buying the fighter means that i buy the ability to fly a fighter on ALL my toons.

also Peregrine Fighter is canon
canon > cryptic made up stuff
i have 5 FED and 2 KDF chars, so the FED fighter would be worth 2.5 times what the KDF fighter would be worth.

the FED's have more shuttles than i can count, KDF has 2, now 3

nobody has a problem with any of this?

needles to say that i will not pay 8 EURO for 2 little lowpoly fighters... for 8 i should see the head of the guy in the cockpit making emotes while shooting!
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-06-2011, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
i was kinda disturbed when i watched in the C-Store yesterday and have seen that the FED Fighter costs 400 Atari Tokens AND the KDF Fighter costs another 400 Atari Tokens...

i kinda expected that buying the fighter means that i buy the ability to fly a fighter on ALL my toons.

also Peregrine Fighter is canon
canon > cryptic made up stuff
i have 5 FED and 2 KDF chars, so the FED fighter would be worth 2.5 times what the KDF fighter would be worth.

the FED's have more shuttles than i can count, KDF has 2, now 3

nobody has a problem with any of this?

needles to say that i will not pay 8 EURO for 2 little lowpoly fighters... for 8 i should see the head of the guy in the cockpit making emotes while shooting!
Good news, then. It was mentioned that they'll try to make the fighters craftable in-game in the same vein as the Delta Flyer. Personally, I'd rather do the dailies to earn one than shell out money for a ship that I'd rarely use (if ever).
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-07-2011, 05:13 PM
I'd love to see some KDF costume options pop up in the C-store. Maybe the rest of the parts to make up the TOS klingon uniforms... possibly with olde style klingon appearance option ... hint, hint, hint.

Lt. Commander
# 8
06-09-2011, 10:55 AM
From the new ask Cryptic :

'Unfortunately, Klingon items don't sell very well in the C-Store and so making new Klingon outfits isn't happening as fast as we'd like.'

lol,wtf - did they ever think the reason they dont sell many KDF cstore items is because well, their arent really any to begin with?!?! Never has been a single KDF uniform c-store addition, dont understand how that translates to 'nobody buys KDF uniforms'
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-09-2011, 11:04 AM
It's probably more like this:

Only a fraction of the players play KDF.
Only a fraction of the players buy stuff in the C-Store.
So only fraction of a fraction..which is a small fraction buys Klingon stuff.
So there is little motivation to add more.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-12-2011, 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
It's probably more like this:

Only a fraction of the players play KDF.
Only a fraction of the players buy stuff in the C-Store.
So only fraction of a fraction..which is a small fraction buys Klingon stuff.
So there is little motivation to add more.
Yes.

I think what they should look into is making more stuff faction agnostic. There is no reason the Section 31 uniform should only work for Federation characters. They just have to remove the badges and uniform pins and almost all uniforms could also go to the Klingons. The Mercenary Pack shouldn't be Fed only either. (I can see that no one is wearing Earth dresses and suites in the KDF.)

Except of course, that their costume system is (at least by my impression) borked and isn't that flexible. They should work on that, things won't get easier if they want to add new factions!