Lt. Commander
# 11
06-12-2011, 02:04 AM
Work on finishing the faction, than make the overpriced C-store. No new content should be need to be bought until the faction is finished. Going on more than a year now, Cryptic.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~<GM Jahia>
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-12-2011, 09:52 AM
Well it is quite simple. Star Trek Online is a product. It was designed to make money not to realize your wishes.

The fact (and DanStahl often said so) is: Klingons are just a bonus. You cannot make money with them. So the designers create more Fed stuff, cause the majority wants these products and are willing to spent money for them.

Look around. Maybe 10-15% of the users have a Klingon character. The other gamers use only Federation characters. Star Trek is about the Federation, NOT the Klingons!!! The Klingons were creates as their enemies, ölater they became their allies but they were never mentioned to be more than that.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-12-2011, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Except of course, that their costume system is (at least by my impression) borked and isn't that flexible. They should work on that, things won't get easier if they want to add new factions!
I've always found that excuse of theirs dubious at best. Considering how Champions works and all.

Sorry, I know that might be cynical of me. But nah, I don't believe they have as many problems reconciling Fed/KDF animation models as they let on.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-12-2011, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mc_Douglas
The fact (and DanStahl often said so) is: Klingons are just a bonus.
Could you offer some citation for that please?

I don't really remember the word "bonus" being used in any of the quotes found here
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-13-2011, 08:39 AM
I am all for making some of the clothing options faction neutral. Section 31 would work great over on the Klingon side, and definitally the Merc pack options. I actually thought they were Klingon usable when I bought them. What is really stupid is my Klingon Joined Trill can't even wear the Merc pack. How annoying is that?