Lt. Commander
Well...

One of the main threads drawing attention in another forum is what the characteristics of the new Enterprise should be.

Wow. Everything from introducing it as the first Tier 6, to increasing the base power management levels, to having the Commander slot on the ship being Universal....

Maybe even making it a Battleship -- sort of a unique Federation-only concept I think.

In any case, since the Feds are all in a lather and entertaining some pretty high fantasy in regards to a supership...I thought, why not develop our own thread, just for fun?

Here is an idea -- rennovate the Vo'Qov carrier -- something like this:

1. Increase the turn rate to that of a Neghvar.
2. Make it so that the hangar bays can be replaced with weapons, essentially turning the vessel into a very powerful, large cruiser -- for instance, you could have one hangar and seven weapons, etc.
3. Create a new class of "heavy weapons" that can only be mounted on Carriers -- heavy beam weapons, heavy torpedos - that no other class of ship can mount because they are too big. These heavy weapons have increased range and damage.
4. Increase the base power allocation by 50% (from 200 base to 300).
5. increase the fighter cap back to 12 fighters per bay (cap of 24).

I know it is fantasy...but hey -- we can have our fun too, right?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-03-2011, 06:24 PM
As far as I know, isn't the Enterprise F an unique ship that will not be playable?
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-03-2011, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_shirt_ View Post
As far as I know, isn't the Enterprise F an unique ship that will not be playable?
Uhm...nope....playable,with saucer separation and a shuttle..... and it's going to be a mission reward.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-03-2011, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_shirt_ View Post
The Ent-F itself will not be playable. But the CLASS will be.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-03-2011, 08:08 PM
I doubt it well stand up to a bird of prey like any other fed cruiser they still go boom in the end. Then maybe we can get a true battleship for the klingons then ,
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-03-2011, 08:34 PM
I think the "Enterprise-F" ship will end up being that much wanted the Federation counter to the Vo'Quv.

Not saying it's going to be a Fed Carrier, but it's sure likely to give Klingons headaches as carriers do for Feds.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-03-2011, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZTempest

Here is an idea -- rennovate the Vo'Qov carrier -- something like this:

1. Increase the turn rate to that of a Neghvar.
2. Make it so that the hangar bays can be replaced with weapons, essentially turning the vessel into a very powerful, large cruiser -- for instance, you could have one hangar and seven weapons, etc.
3. Create a new class of "heavy weapons" that can only be mounted on Carriers -- heavy beam weapons, heavy torpedos - that no other class of ship can mount because they are too big. These heavy weapons have increased range and damage.
4. Increase the base power allocation by 50% (from 200 base to 300).
5. increase the fighter cap back to 12 fighters per bay (cap of 24).

I know it is fantasy...but hey -- we can have our fun too, right?
Two words, brother - cup holders.

Can't be spilling the blood wine.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-03-2011, 09:25 PM
Why not an updated Neg'Var? more weapons, hull, turn rate, speed, and that Ion Cannon from Armada 2.

Or a "Design the next IKS Sword of Kahless Contest" since if I remember right that was the name of the KDF Flagship under Martok.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-03-2011, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
Or a "Design the next IKS Sword of Kahless Contest" since if I remember right that was the name of the KDF Flagship under Martok.
^
I
I
I
I
THIS! +2 Internets for you!
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-04-2011, 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
Why not an updated Neg'Var? more weapons, hull, turn rate, speed, and that Ion Cannon from Armada 2.

Oh no, please not.
I'd rather see them to make actual Klingon ships like the K'Vort or a t5 K'tinga then just ANOTHER ugly Fan-design.
Even the usual Klingon-fan designs turn out to look much more awfull then the (mostly already prety ugly) Federation ones, and seeing that what won the Fed-contest instead of the at least bearable designs... nonono. No Klingon contest like that......