Lt. Commander
# 1 so that peng
06-02-2011, 03:54 PM
Why leave the har peng torpedo? Why not disabled till its fixed? Does Feds really need a oped weapon to stand chance? I dunno, but, I havent pvped since when my whole team was decimated by klingon technology.
I hope klingons gets access to this and let feds go without this technology for a week. I think it will be fair, right?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-02-2011, 03:55 PM
ye it sucks gonna get fixed the 16th though from what i understand. better than never
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-02-2011, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RobotoO
Why leave the har peng torpedo? Why not disabled till its fixed? Does Feds really need a oped weapon to stand chance? I dunno, but, I havent pvped since when my whole team was decimated by klingon technology.
I hope klingons gets access to this and let feds go without this technology for a week. I think it will be fair, right?
Because even that requires a patch to the build that they can't just do randomly.

There is no magical button that disables stuffs at their will. Not yet at least. They should get onto that.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-03-2011, 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RobotoO
Of COURSE they do! Why all the people that complained that the Klingons were OP required things like this..

Other wise the Klingons are just OP.. right?
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-03-2011, 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
Of COURSE they do! Why all the people that complained that the Klingons were OP required things like this..

Other wise the Klingons are just OP.. right?
Better spread the word around our Klingon friends - they need to let the feds win for the next week or two. After all, if the Klingons can win without access to an overpowered weapon that the feds are using, the Klingons must be overpowered, right?

Somehow I doubt the reaction would have been the same if the 'peng had gone to the Klingons in its current state and the feds not had access to it...
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-03-2011, 07:29 AM
Yeah, as far as I understand, they have the ability to roll back patches, but not partially. That means the remastered eps would also disappear. And because we've had a new patch since, it's probably to late anyway.

In fixing the pengs, disabling them or repairing them, would probably be about the same amount of work.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-03-2011, 09:34 AM
The harpeng was designed to kill off what few klingons are left.

Contrary to what I've previously held, I believe the management and dev teams do PvP quite well. They slowly starve off the klingon population, put a kibosh on pvp leveling through fvf queues, make grinding pve the ONLY viable way to level.

If that player STILL manages to come out alive with a lieut. gen. character, he will be as bad in pvp as the pve only federation masters. Leaving him as the perfect target of opportunity.

Grinding is easily on par with most eastern MMOs, where you just spend days and weeks killing bunny rabbits to gain 1 xp.

Congrats, feds. With the cryptic plan to conduct genocide on the klings, it's looking to be a bright day for you all
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-03-2011, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Because even that requires a patch to the build that they can't just do randomly.

There is no magical button that disables stuffs at their will. Not yet at least. They should get onto that.

I'm calling BS on this.

Due to the fact that one day i could spawn support drones in drozana station and the next day it was disabled.
No patch required and very little effort to disable an item from working.

If they wanted to disable the harpeng from being used they could do it easily.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-07-2011, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipermist
If they wanted to disable the harpeng from being used they could do it easily.
This^ we've all seen it done before with items that grief the pve population, why it wont work on items that grief the pvp community we'll never know.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-07-2011, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FurQue
This^ we've all seen it done before with items that grief the pve population, why it wont work on items that grief the pvp community we'll never know.
I blame Era.