Lt. Commander
# 121
06-09-2011, 06:26 AM
Leaving the match because it's a lost cause not only screws you over, but the opposing team as well.

Suppose you're the last one left, or everyone else on your team takes your message and leaves as well? What's the other team supposed to do? Sit there, 14-X, and have wasted all of that time?
Lt. Commander
# 122
06-09-2011, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alendiak
Not really, if he leaves the match there's a chance of someone else joining it.
Yes, but it's even more rare for an entire team of 5 to just decide to not respawn then it is for 4 players to keep at it.
Lt. Commander
# 123
06-09-2011, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
Leaving the match because it's a lost cause not only screws you over, but the opposing team as well.

Suppose you're the last one left, or everyone else on your team takes your message and leaves as well? What's the other team supposed to do? Sit there, 14-X, and have wasted all of that time?
well if I'm the last one... I'm not concerned about the other 14 players on the klingon side..

Here's what I ran into last night.. Capture and hold... three of us warped in.. Then one fed warped out.. leaving us with two on fed side.. I announced the departer told the others that myself and the other fed player weren't going to come out.. then five more fed players came in.. I then informed them a fed team had formed with a large base and we came out. Simple as that.. It was a close match too.
Lt. Commander
# 124
06-09-2011, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raaven616 View Post
Here's what I ran into last night.. Capture and hold... three of us warped in.. Then one fed warped out.. leaving us with two on fed side.. I announced the departer told the others that myself and the other fed player weren't going to come out.. then five more fed players came in.. I then informed them a fed team had formed with a large base and we came out. Simple as that.. It was a close match too.
Okay so what is the worst that can happen? you die a few times, respawn and the match is over.
I mean you still get the same rewards as the other team that stomped you right? leaving the match will just make the other team mad, and possibly your own team mates.
Lt. Commander
# 125
06-09-2011, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammel105 View Post
Okay so what is the worst that can happen? you die a few times, respawn and the match is over.
I mean you still get the same rewards as the other team that stomped you right? leaving the match will just make the other team mad, and possibly your own team mates.
There's another reason to stay. It gives you valuable practice against a very coordinated group. I've seen no win scenarios as both the stompee and the stomper, from my fed and klings. You just might take out one of their guys, and sometimes that one victory amidst defeats tastes sweeter than being on the other fence rolling over PvE'ers.
Lt. Commander
# 126
06-09-2011, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx4th View Post
There's another reason to stay. It gives you valuable practice against a very coordinated group. I've seen no win scenarios as both the stompee and the stomper, from my fed and klings. You just might take out one of their guys, and sometimes that one victory amidst defeats tastes sweeter than being on the other fence rolling over PvE'ers.
^^ Perfect. Well done, Sir.
Lt. Commander
# 127
06-09-2011, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx4th View Post
Hard pressed to take out one KDF amongst a gang of them LOL. Look guys I understand what your saying. However I just won't be some one's punching bag.. Its not in me to let people pound on me. You don't learn a damn thing with three or four people constantly gunning you down..

You do learn doing 1v1 and even 2v1.. but when there's an armada of KDF on your ass.. I'm sorry thats just not practicle to stick around. Especially if you respawn and your getting nailed on top of the respawn pt from all sides, which happens with cracked planet alot. If there's only two or three Feds vs six or eight KDF.. yeah I'll just stay and collect merits. It would be no different if feds out numbered a KDF team 7 to 2 and camped a KDF station.. its just not fun being on the end of that kind of game play. I don't believe in camping a spawn, I don't believe in trash talking an outnumbered team. I guess thats just a sense of fair play that I have. Shoot me if I don't hold to some of your personal ideals about how this game is played and how I should play it.

That aside, again I am greatful for the assistence rendered to get me on the straight and narrow with a build.
Lt. Commander
# 128
06-09-2011, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Hard pressed to take out one KDF amongst a gang of them LOL. Look guys I understand what your saying. However I just won't be some one's punching bag.. Its not in me to let people pound on me. You don't learn a damn thing with three or four people constantly gunning you down..

You do learn doing 1v1 and even 2v1.. but when there's an armada of KDF on your ass.. I'm sorry thats just not practicle to stick around. Especially if you respawn and your getting nailed on top of the respawn pt from all sides, which happens with cracked planet alot. If there's only two or three Feds vs six or eight KDF.. yeah I'll just stay and collect merits. It would be no different if feds out numbered a KDF team 7 to 2 and camped a KDF station.. its just not fun being on the end of that kind of game play. I don't believe in camping a spawn, I don't believe in trash talking an outnumbered team. I guess thats just a sense of fair play that I have. Shoot me if I don't hold to some of your personal ideals about how this game is played and how I should play it.

That aside, again I am greatful for the assistence rendered to get me on the straight and narrow with a build.
lol some of the best times i have had in game is 1 vs 5 or more. but i do have an understanding of the game. i cant take them all out buy one maybe two ok will one =)
Lt. Commander
# 129
06-09-2011, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Shoot me if I don't hold to some of your personal ideals about how this game is played and how I should play it.
I see... Challenge accepted
Lt. Commander
# 130
06-09-2011, 05:35 PM
Quote:

I'm not saying you should stay in or warp out. I'm not here to debate the ethics of the matter, because frankly a lot of us (myself included) are lacking in it. We can be jerks both when we're the ones being shot and when we're the ones shooting. I don't apologize for my tactics just like I don't expect others to for their tactics.

No, you can't control what those klingons do, what they say, and how they feel when they're shooting you. Just like they can't control whether you warp out or not.

The only person I can fully control is me, so I just take my beatings as learning tools, along with every fight I've been on in PvP. Just enjoy the game with its good and bad moments and apply the experience to new tactics and builds.