Rihannsu
# 1 scanning
05-26-2013, 06:13 PM
curious what the purpose of scanning is if its not being prompted by the mission? Interactive objects are very visible, and whenever i need to use the scanner for a specific purpose the mission usually tells me
Captain
# 2
05-27-2013, 02:30 AM
It can help locate the lobi crystals in the current re-runs of the FEs. It can be used to find the material nodes you use for data samples, not all of them are visible or on the route you would take for a mission. In some missions there are boxes, cupboards, lockers and what not that are not part of the mission but which you can access for some extra items, again these can be hidden or off the route you would take for the mission.
Ensign
# 3
05-27-2013, 02:30 AM
It's to find the bonus particle traces in missions. Try moving the mouse so you're slightly above your figure or ship, then scan - you'll see the scan animation and then a point of light show a direction. Follow the direction and you'll come across a weird glowy thing. Interact with it, complete the match the waveform minigame and claim the reward.

Incidentally - has anybody else noticed you can often get the same reward by NOT completing the miniogame?
Captain
# 4
05-27-2013, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vosuth View Post
Incidentally - has anybody else noticed you can often get the same reward by NOT completing the miniogame?
If there is a chance of a particle trace that comes from completing it you won't get it if you do not complete it. As i am overloaded with data samples it has been a while, but I think you get better numbers by completing it than you can if you don't.
Captain
# 5
05-27-2013, 07:45 AM
The Tricorder Scan points to the neartest interactable object on the map (and nearest destructible object as well). The data anomalies are crafting material nodew chih can be harvested. You will get a drop from an anomaly node. If you successfully complete the "Match the Wave", you will et bonus drops and a chance for rare particle traces. If theyr are harvested during the metaphasic havesting hour, you'll get even more crafting material drops.