Lt. Commander
# 41
06-08-2011, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
No, because no developer out there would have the gonads to do that.
I can think of one.
Lt. Commander
# 42
06-08-2011, 08:14 PM
OP makes sense. FE are nice, but replaying them with a red UI doesn't cut it. I'm a poor judge because i never liked klings anyway.

KDF + FED against a properly designed Romulan faction. .... If only i had reason to believe them this time....

faction specific UNIQUE CONTENT FROM CHARACTER CREATION UNTIL ENDGAME would be cool, but will never happen in STO
Lt. Commander
# 43
06-08-2011, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam
KDF + FED against a properly designed Romulan faction. .... If only i had reason to believe them this time....
Basing this solely on STO demographics right now, and not anything lore-wise...

Suppose the Rommies are added eventually. Sure their population would skyrocket for the first few days, maybe a week. But judging by what's happened with the KDF, the RSE (rom star emp.) would MAYBE have 4 initial ships, 1 cluster for leveling pve, and pvp. That's it.

The combined kdf and rse population would equal to maybe 1/20th of starfleet's.

You know that Cheers themesong, "where everybody knows your name..." That's the official song of kdf pvp'ers. So few in number it's almost like queing with a premade :p
Lt. Commander
# 44
06-09-2011, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx4th View Post
Basing this solely on STO demographics right now, and not anything lore-wise...

Suppose the Rommies are added eventually. Sure their population would skyrocket for the first few days, maybe a week. But judging by what's happened with the KDF, the RSE (rom star emp.) would MAYBE have 4 initial ships, 1 cluster for leveling pve, and pvp. That's it.

The combined kdf and rse population would equal to maybe 1/20th of starfleet's.

You know that Cheers themesong, "where everybody knows your name..." That's the official song of kdf pvp'ers. So few in number it's almost like queing with a premade :p
Yep,we've all been there....you queue up for a PuG,enter Arena....team up,kill the Feds and the team disbands.....you queue up for a PuG,enter Arena.....and you team up with the same 4 people.

After a few matches the PuG becomes a premade.....why bother disbanding the team,we'll see each other the next round anyway.:p
Lt. Commander
# 45 PvP rewards
06-27-2011, 10:19 PM
I think they should just go back to the old reward system when KDF players got crazy SP's from PvP.

I cant remember if it was still beta or first 2 weeks of live but for a while there you could easily rank up from2-3 matches. It Would probably push more players to try KDF if the pvp rewards were higher. But honestly now that im back for a bit i wanna level my kdf sci char so that argument isd totally self serving aswell.
Lt. Commander
# 46
06-29-2011, 03:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by minionsoldier View Post
I think they should just go back to the old reward system when KDF players got crazy SP's from PvP.

I cant remember if it was still beta or first 2 weeks of live but for a while there you could easily rank up from2-3 matches. It Would probably push more players to try KDF if the pvp rewards were higher. But honestly now that im back for a bit i wanna level my kdf sci char so that argument isd totally self serving aswell.
Thats good! Just i leveled up a toon not long ago, and pvp was sooooo empty
Lt. Commander
# 47
07-04-2011, 01:57 PM
giving this a bit of a bump.. really good idea and lots of room for refinements over time. Something has to happen. I love playing my Klingon ships and rarely log on my feds. There can be peace between us with an allowance for the odd FvK skirmish here and there. I wonder if the numbers out there support a Romulan PvP faction - I suspect not or we might have seen it by now or at least more official discussion. (Didn't atari cancel all future cryptic projects and put them up for sale following dismal financials?)

Anyway, I'd love to see this discussion continue.. all about it.
Lt. Commander
# 48
07-04-2011, 03:27 PM
I don't care at all for pve or missions or featured episodes, but can't someone with really good writing skills write like a 10mission series with ugc, post the entire chain on the kdf boards or something and maybe if cryptic finds thise mission good enough promote them for use ingame and even add special items in the end if they are JUST That good.
Lt. Commander
# 49
07-04-2011, 04:09 PM
If the KDF does merge with federation or cease fire is declared than the romulans should not be the opposing party. the romulans are weak, helpless and already at the mercy of the armadas of the KDF. No if a new faction is to be made it should be the undince, iconians, and the borg. the game will have 2 sides, the federation KDF alliance, and the enemies(devs can name it later) a lot more work, but much more interesting storyline. as powerful as the romulans were, that is not the case anymore, this course of action will require a lot more work. I suspect that if this course is taken at least 1 year of part time development will be needed to get the other side "off the ground" and perhaps 6 months to bring it to where the KDF stands now if the entire development focus were to shift. So this is an unlikely course of action, but one that I beleive would be better.
Lt. Commander
# 50
07-05-2011, 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorena
but can't someone with really good writing skills write like a 10mission series with ugc, post the entire chain on the kdf boards
Knock yourself out Zorena.. go for it, but I'd argue that's what Cryptic is supposed to be doing with our monthly dues...?