Lt. Commander
# 1 Ask Cryptic: June 2011
06-07-2011, 05:45 PM
Hello everyone!

Here it is, the new Ask Cryptic for June 2011! Enjoy.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-07-2011, 05:48 PM
Whoo Hoo!!! Thanks, Dan!
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-07-2011, 05:49 PM
AWESOME

Can't wait for the Fleet PVP Queues and Tribble Test Weekend

And finally some Foundry News

And by "Blocking", do you mean in the theatrical term?

Good work
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-07-2011, 05:57 PM
I'm not sure he answered the question Cpt. Kain was asking...currently,
/e sit_chair
starts the animation (no matter where you are) and stands back up right away. I think Kain was wondering if that's going back to normal soon.
I know I am, if Kain wasn't!
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-07-2011, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelkart.Marne
I'm not sure he answered the question Cpt. Kain was asking...currently,
/e sit_chair
starts the animation (no matter where you are) and stands back up right away. I think Kain was wondering if that's going back to normal soon.
I know I am, if Kain wasn't!
This is a bug in that the emote is not the same as the process that sits you in the chair. Our animator will be looking at this as well to get this cleared up.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-07-2011, 06:05 PM
Quote:
And until CBS/Paramount come to some sort of agreement over the new movies, we will not be able to add any items or references from the "JJ" movies.
Isnt Red Matter from the JJ movie, and referenced a lot in game?
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-07-2011, 06:06 PM
Is there any chance we get an estimated ETA for the mentioned PvP additions?

It's been quite a while (read: never) since we've gotten anything for PvP, apart from fixing the broken queues.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-07-2011, 06:10 PM
Quote:
We have a programmer assigned to revamp auto-pilot in sector space after Season 4 launches. We want to allow players to click on a location several sectors away and have the auto-pilot plot your entire course. We can investigate the avoidance system at that time.
Lol indeed. Deffo needed. On my Klingon the other day, in my carrier, I was able to push a Lt. Cmdr all the way from Drozana to the Border of Klingon space... He wanted to go to K-7! lol
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-07-2011, 06:10 PM
Don't know what to think about that one really...
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Q: Cheysuli Will we be seeing new sets of uniforms and other variations of your toons for the Klingon Faction?

A: Most of our new costume options begin as either a costume for an NPC in a story, or as something developed with funding via the C-Store. Up to this point, we have only been able to add Klingon Costume options when our character art team is working on a related task such as the Gorn revamp coming in Season 4. Unfortunately, Klingon items don't sell very well in the C-Store and so making new Klingon outfits isn't happening as fast as we'd like.
The question wasnt about the C-store, but the answer seemed to imply that is the only way Klingon outfits are possibly going to be added, and even then its not likely. So with as little as the KDF has, you would actually make them pay extra for more outfits?