Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
06-07-2011, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dstahl
We are scheduled to release an enhanced version of the Akira to be released sometime during Season 4, but we are still on the fence about whether or not we will release a Vice Admiral variant of the ship.
I have to admit, I'd like to hear the reasoning on why a Tier 5 version wouldn't be added. There is ample reasoning for a T5 version from players (including me), but I'd like to hear your views on why you're hesitant to do it.

This of course assumes that "Vice-Admiral variant" is also synonymous with "Tier 5" as most players recognize it. If you do plan to release a Rear Admiral+ version, then that's fine with me too.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
06-07-2011, 06:21 PM
It would be Tier 5, but not necessarily a Vice Admiral Tier 5...if that makes any sense...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
06-07-2011, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firix
It would be Tier 5, but not necessarily a Vice Admiral Tier 5...if that makes any sense...
Actually it does, because the VA ships are mostly ships that trade a console slot for a special power. Otherwise they are not "better" than those ships available at RA.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
06-07-2011, 06:31 PM
Yes more answers to question that I couldn't figure out what was being asked
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
06-07-2011, 06:36 PM
Quote of the first question from Ask Cryptic...

Q: Cheysuli Will we be seeing new sets of uniforms and other variations of your toons for the Klingon Faction?

A: Most of our new costume options begin as either a costume for an NPC in a story, or as something developed with funding via the C-Store. Up to this point, we have only been able to add Klingon Costume options when our character art team is working on a related task such as the Gorn revamp coming in Season 4. Unfortunately, Klingon items don't sell very well in the C-Store and so making new Klingon outfits isn't happening as fast as we'd like.

I find this VERY disapointing, sounds like we can expect little to none additional KDF outfits anytime soon, and to give one of the reasons that KDF items don't sell well in the C Store is a bit strange considering that theres hardly any stuff on the C Store ( theres a few poor bridge packs, a few ships that we can get with our ship token and 1 ship skin, not exactly much to buy), maybe if we actually had some stuff on the C Store worth buying we would buy it.

Since season 2 we have had no new costume options, we still lack a rank sash for LG, still have no generals coat and even our 500 day vet reward looks suspiciously like a re-skinned Reman cape with a bit of fur added, also add in the new skirts and badges that Fed side are getting (despite the fact they already have options for both those where KDF side have none) and it feels like new outfits are not happening at all, rather than not as fast as you would like.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
06-07-2011, 06:43 PM
I think you are looking at is in a negative light. They don't want to give kdf stuff from the c-store because it doesn't sell because they gave people who wanted to play kdf no reason to play kdf.

Cryptic gave kdf no content, and very little customization than said nobody is playing kdf so
there was no rush in giving them content and
No rush on giving them customization
And if we need to pay for it we should because the Feds do as well
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
06-07-2011, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by specter22
snip
I wondered myself about dStahls answer there. Which KDF uniforms didnīt sell well in the c-store again ? Zero you say, hm... Makes sense...SINCE THERE ARE NONE !

Bridge packs are horrible and buggy for both factions. Except the one that makes no sense on any ship but a an ancient Constitution, youīll play for like 8 hours or so.

As said before why buy a KDF ship I can get for an ingame token ? The Guramba is nice but amazingly overpriced for no logical reason.

The only thing worth buying as a KDF player is the Borg Officer (and btw the only way KDF players can have an efficient BO)

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
06-07-2011, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuatela
I have to admit, I'd like to hear the reasoning on why a Tier 5 version wouldn't be added. There is ample reasoning for a T5 version from players (including me), but I'd like to hear your views on why you're hesitant to do it.

This of course assumes that "Vice-Admiral variant" is also synonymous with "Tier 5" as most players recognize it. If you do plan to release a Rear Admiral+ version, then that's fine with me too.
I've got to agree on that. We've got T5 versions of ships older and much less powerful than the Akira class. Probably the only reason I can think of would be managing to balance out its special abilities. Otherwise you'd run into vicious battles between the 'It's a Carrier!' and the 'It's a Torpedo Boat!' camps.

As for KDF costumes not selling well in the C-Store, it's likely that Dstahl meant that ship costumes that have been offered.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
06-07-2011, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by specter22
Quote of the first question from Ask Cryptic...

Q: Cheysuli Will we be seeing new sets of uniforms and other variations of your toons for the Klingon Faction?

A: Most of our new costume options begin as either a costume for an NPC in a story, or as something developed with funding via the C-Store. Up to this point, we have only been able to add Klingon Costume options when our character art team is working on a related task such as the Gorn revamp coming in Season 4. Unfortunately, Klingon items don't sell very well in the C-Store and so making new Klingon outfits isn't happening as fast as we'd like.

I find this VERY disapointing, sounds like we can expect little to none additional KDF outfits anytime soon, and to give one of the reasons that KDF items don't sell well in the C Store is a bit strange considering that theres hardly any stuff on the C Store ( theres a few poor bridge packs, a few ships that we can get with our ship token and 1 ship skin, not exactly much to buy), maybe if we actually had some stuff on the C Store worth buying we would buy it.

Since season 2 we have had no new costume options, we still lack a rank sash for LG, still have no generals coat and even our 500 day vet reward looks suspiciously like a re-skinned Reman cape with a bit of fur added, also add in the new skirts and badges that Fed side are getting (despite the fact they already have options for both those where KDF side have none) and it feels like new outfits are not happening at all, rather than not as fast as you would like.
I have to agree. I was surprised to hear the reasoning that there are no new costumes in the C-Store for Klingons because Klingon items don't sell well when there aren't that many to begin with. If true, it would explain why there hasn't been any Klingon additions to the C-Store, that didn't have a Federation equivalent added at the same time, in the past six months.

On top of that, if the reason that new costumes get added is because there is an NPC equivalent being added, then why can't we get the Klingon Great Coat? It has been in the game for a long time already, and they just made it wearable by Federation characters in the Doomsday episode.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
06-07-2011, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
I wondered myself about dStahls answer there. Which KDF uniforms didnīt sell well in the c-store again ? Zero you say, hm... Makes sense...SINCE THERE ARE NONE !
I didn't want to go down that path for not yet upsetting people for "another Klingon hijacking" of a thread. But yeah, what C-store item? Throwing some in there (C-tore) will tell us if they sell. At that point, Klingon players would bye anything that says Klingon on it if it was on the shelf.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:34 PM.