Lt. Commander
# 101
06-10-2011, 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth-Thanatos View Post
If they do it, it will be out of greed, as it breaks the current schedule.

I wonder how many months will this delay the Ent-F or any intended Klingon ship...

There is exactly one person devoted to ships, so if he's working on one ship, he's not working on any other ships.
ahhh but greed is a powerful motivator
Lt. Commander
# 102 Akira
06-10-2011, 06:05 AM
Woooo Akira! T5 I would fly on nearly all my ships, I detest the excelsior, it's a design that is not to my liking at allt. Bring on some of the more advanced ships, like the Akira is meant to be. As for it special, 3 words. CHAIN-REACTION-PULSAR! Can't wait to see the new one

On a a post mentioned earlier about champions online. I totally agree, the entire ship system needs an overhaul in this game, they really need to add costume slots, with items that unlock costume pieces. I know I like the Breen set and that the breen engine go really well with the reman shield, but mixing and matching the sets is unviable. Especially since those of us who have full borg sets arent going to downgrade to something not nearly as good, just for cosmetic reasons.

I would luv to see a setup that allows for a skeleton hull that has your B/O soon to be duty officer slots per rank, those slots expanding as you level up, that would be the bare bones of your ship. Then you can choose whatever you would like to skin the ship. It would appease the desire to fly the ship you really want, while at the same time keeping those inherint slots/skills etc per rank available.
Lt. Commander
# 103
06-10-2011, 11:22 AM
Arc_D:
PvPers would complain, for the same reason that WoW refuses to add an "Appearance" option: they believe people should be able to tell what you've got (to fight them with) at a glance. No fair looking like a Nova and then busting out an Assault Cruiser broadside.
Lt. Commander
# 104
06-10-2011, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CedricO
Believe it or not, whats unlogical makes me Unhappy. just saying. It already annoys me that there's no official uniform, and that people are using borg parts/reman shields on ships. Lets not make shuttles capable of one shotting borg Cubes now please.
The canon purist in me understands, but as I keep telling people, look around at what we have now. That ship went to warp a long time ago. The game is what it is, and tries to be all things to all people.
Lt. Commander
# 105
06-10-2011, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF_Mudd
Everyone wants something.
What's better - to keep on making special exceptions, or solve the underlying problem?
(which is that people want to fly their favorite ship, whatever that may be, at the level cap - and right now, only those lucky enough to have those ships in Tier 5 can.)

Arguments about some ships being older than others, or more "logical" for a given tier, etc, are missing the point. This isn't about what "makes sense" in a computer game with made-up rules in a entirely made-up universe, it's what will make people (un)happy.
and i honestly don't agree, but like i said, thats just my personal opinion. i don't think "every" ship should be made t5. i do believe there's a way to make ships viable at higher tiers though, as has been suggested before.

we've already been told there'd be no t5 connie, iirc.
Lt. Commander
# 106
06-10-2011, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by machocyclone View Post
What...carriers that spam a mess load of fighters ain't good enough. Klingons gotta have a MVAM also? I too want more ship options for my klingon toons, but why copy the fed ships? Klingons should have completly unique ships. It is a war between the Feds and Klingons and they should be developing ships to counter each other.
Feds have alot kligons dont: players and good stuff (yes carriers arnt over powerd AT ALL) besides feds have kligon tech that they dont even have (Hraghpeng) lol...
Lt. Commander
# 107
06-11-2011, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
except it's NOT ancient history by and large everyone is fighting with the same ships they fought that war with.
That's one of the primary problems with this game and its ship tiers.

However, that doesn't make up for the fact that the Dominion war is NOT current when placed into the context of the timeline they themselves created, wrote down and even had published in a book.

Continually referencing the Lakota doesn't really do much good when you consider how long ago that happened in terms of other advances, like the Modular Ship Design thing THEY themselves wrote up.

The Modular Ship Design Maguffin from Cryptic's timeline basically sets it up so that ANY ship can get the Lakota treatment.

So saying the Lakota in DS9 means yadda, yadda, yadda, doesn't do any lick of good since the Dominion War and the Lakota episode happened so much longer ago. The Defiant, the Galaxy, The Intrepid ... these are NOT new ships.

The Imperial that I just switched to when I got my Aegis set built? THAT'S a new Ship. The Nomad? THAT is a new ship. The Sovereign? Not so much.

I pin my hopes and dreams for the future of starship design and my entire problem with the Excelsior and how horribly anacrhonistic it is on the new Enterprise F. They do what they are leading me to believe they're going to do with that ship and FINALLY the top dog cruiser will cease to be a very dated ship from a very dated era, and will be a new 25th century ship fresh out of the fleetyards.

Or they might just screw that up too. I don't know. But I'm hopeful the F will be moving the cruiser dilemma forward.

In regards to the topic itself, I support not only a T5 Akira, I support a system that lets everyone fly their favorite ship at the end-game. We all have different favorite ships. This game really would be better off if we could all just fly our favorite. And let the people FLYING the ship be the determining factor on level and effectiveness.
Lt. Commander
# 108
06-11-2011, 09:25 AM
In DS9 episode, the Lakota is a refit Excelsior.

It's even more powerful even against the Defiant. He has weapons recently (Quantum torpedo). Better shield, a better engine. He has an old look, but it's more powerful !

I support too a system that lets everyone fly their favorite ship at the end-game, refit ship.
Lt. Commander
# 109
06-11-2011, 09:34 AM
T5 Akira FTW!
Lt. Commander
# 110
06-11-2011, 09:42 AM
I'd like to see the Akira get some love, its purpose was to fight the borg and is suppose have all the new bells and whistles that come with the new ships.

As far as Klingon's getting new ships, sorry guys but its common knowledge that the empire doesn't do massive overhauls on their ship designs. The ships they use now serve the purpose that they need them for, whooping some @$$. I recently made a klingon tact officer and was pwning the feds in the space warzone.