Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 51
06-08-2011, 04:51 PM
T5 Akira?

Do very much want.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 52
06-08-2011, 05:12 PM
So...The T5 Akira debate has replaced the T5 Connie debate. Cool.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 53
06-08-2011, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyp48 View Post
An upgraded Excelsior went head to head with the Defient in DS9 and more than held its own.

So why shouldnt it be high Tier?
A Constitution Class hull is seen in the wreckage at Wolf 359. So why shouldn't it be a higher tier?

An Akira is seen fighting off a Borg invasion in First Contact so why shouldn't it be a higher tier?

A Sovereign was seen in the badlands dodging exploding gas clouds and fighting off harrying So'na ships.

A Sovereign was able to play chicken with the Scimitar.

And so on and so forth.

In the end the only real useful option is to find a way to let everyone fly their favorite ship the entirety of their levelilng career. Be it a Wambundu, a New Orleans, an Ambassador, a Soverign, or an Excelsior.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 54
06-08-2011, 07:48 PM
The T5 Akira should be the "durable" escort refit. It's the largest of the Escort Classes by far and thus should be more durable in a fight than say the Defiant, which is tiny but packs a punch.

The Defiant refit is the tactical one with the extra tactical ensign giving more punch and get the cloak to make up for the lost Eng or Sci Console depending on what ship you are moving from.

The MVAM makes the Prometheus cool and a very dangerous enemy potentually plus has an extra Sci console slot and a higher sci BO slot making it the science escort.

Logically, the Akira should be the one with 3 Eng, 2 Sci, 4 Tac consoles to balance out what already is in game. Following the precident set already, the Eng BO should be made LTC. Given the size, crew should be kept at 200 which is the current max on escorts.

For a special ability, why not a free torpedo salvo every 3 minutes? The Akira is a torpedo boat anyway and again precident is in game with the Spinal Lance, which also has a 3 minute timer and come with 9k damage on default. I'm not saying the torp volley should be anywhere near that, but just treat it like a free High Yield 3 quantum once every 3 minutes.

No that will not break the game, or be horribly exploited. If such a mechanic was that OP, everyone and their dog would be flying a Galaxy X. There aren't that many around relative to over all numbers of VAs
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 55
06-08-2011, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Vale_Cortez
The T5 Akira should be the "durable" escort refit. It's the largest of the Escort Classes by far and thus should be more durable in a fight than say the Defiant, which is tiny but packs a punch.

The Defiant refit is the tactical one with the extra tactical ensign giving more punch and get the cloak to make up for the lost Eng or Sci Console depending on what ship you are moving from.

The MVAM makes the Prometheus cool and a very dangerous enemy potentually plus has an extra Sci console slot and a higher sci BO slot making it the science escort.

Logically, the Akira should be the one with 3 Eng, 2 Sci, 4 Tac consoles to balance out what already is in game. Following the precident set already, the Eng BO should be made LTC. Given the size, crew should be kept at 200 which is the current max on escorts.

For a special ability, why not a free torpedo salvo every 3 minutes? The Akira is a torpedo boat anyway and again precident is in game with the Spinal Lance, which also has a 3 minute timer and come with 9k damage on default. I'm not saying the torp volley should be anywhere near that, but just treat it like a free High Yield 3 quantum once every 3 minutes.

No that will not break the game, or be horribly exploited. If such a mechanic was that OP, everyone and their dog would be flying a Galaxy X. There aren't that many around relative to over all numbers of VAs

I might just give it an additional weapon slot for specifically a torpedo laucher.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 56
06-08-2011, 08:20 PM
The Akira should've been T5 from the start. I support making a T5 Akira, and on a larger scale a whole new tier setup. the one now is kinda laughable.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 57
06-08-2011, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
A Constitution Class hull is seen in the wreckage at Wolf 359. So why shouldn't it be a higher tier?

An Akira is seen fighting off a Borg invasion in First Contact so why shouldn't it be a higher tier?

A Sovereign was seen in the badlands dodging exploding gas clouds and fighting off harrying So'na ships.

A Sovereign was able to play chicken with the Scimitar.

And so on and so forth.

In the end the only real useful option is to find a way to let everyone fly their favorite ship the entirety of their levelilng career. Be it a Wambundu, a New Orleans, an Ambassador, a Soverign, or an Excelsior.
I completely agree, I'd love to see some way to have the Tier system removed and simply allow people to fly their favorite ship class so we could finally get battles like you see in DS9 and First Contact where you have ships of various classes from Mirandas to Defiants to Sovereigns all playing a part in the fighting.

Naturally, I don't see that happening any time soon, it's pretty obvious the Tier system is deeply ingrained into how STO functions so any attempt to remove it or modify it would take a lot of work and time. Still, it's a something I hope to see one day.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 58
06-08-2011, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by machocyclone View Post
So...The T5 Akira debate has replaced the T5 Connie debate. Cool.
At least it makes sense lol
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 59
06-08-2011, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavilier210
At least it makes sense lol
True.

I am currently still undecided on this matter however.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 60
06-08-2011, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
A Sovereign was seen in the badlands dodging exploding gas clouds and fighting off harrying So'na ships.
That was the Briar Patch, lol
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:59 AM.