Lt. Commander
# 31
06-10-2011, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
*sigh*

If it would take an inordinate amount of resources to do a fluff sequence consistently and at high quality, and still a non-trivial amount of resources to do it inconsistently and at... debatable quality, I would suggest that 'not do it at all' becomes the best option.
*sigh*

I suppose that's one person's opinion.

Personally, I'd say better to have attempted it, to the displeasure of a minority, than to never attempt at all.
Lt. Commander
# 32
06-11-2011, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
I didn't get "huffy" I just answered your question. I said "There will never be a Type 8 Shuttle Interior that players (you) would be happy with. We won't make an art asset (that you can use in missions) that you can't fit 5 players in.
"Never be a Type 9 Shuttle Interior that I would be happy with?" Dunno, you be surprised.

And I bet you can make that art asset if you put your minds to it. After all you guys been pretty inventive so far. Whats to stop you now?

Quote:
As far as the cut scene goes... There is no way I could make that particular sequence as "just a cut scene" it's not the way our engine works. I have to transfer you to the map first and turn you invisible, that means I have to put you someplace first so I can hide you while I move the cameras around.

Originally I had you starting out in a shuttle bay and playing the landing sequence there, then we made a shuttle interior so I put you in that instead because it was cooler. Everything else was made for the original Bay - Ground scene.

I didn't have time to go back and have a "special" cut scene runabout made to use it instead of the type 8. Not to mention that even if I had it would have caused people to nitpick that as well. Instead of "The interior is big threads" we would have "but my ship doesn't have a runabout" thread..

My point here Azurian, is that blanket statements about "how easy" something might be to change are generally way off from the actual truth. If it were "easy" I would do it.. end of story... However most things are not easy...

So do me a favor Please stop telling me how "easy" something might be for me to do, because you really don't have any information or experience with our tools to make that assumption.

Goz
Gozer, I'm sorry that my comments upsetted you. But a great man once said, "You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time." And as you can see from people's comments, they aren't fooled. They obviously notice the discrepency between the interior and exterior of the shuttle and that's the core of the problem, not the criticism of how you can fix it.

As for "by my ship doesn't have a runabout", let me ask you this, "how many LTs are going to even have a Type 8 shuttle?" I mean isn't the special episodes only accessible for LT10s and above? Heck, how many players actually use Type 8s? Best to my recollection, people fly their Delta Flyers or Yachts. So I find not having a runabout to be an invalid argument.

Anyhow with this TARDIS situation, I'm confident you will find a interesting fix for it. Maybe the art department comes up with a new type of Shuttle that fits the interior and the exterior.
Lt. Commander
# 33
06-12-2011, 04:53 AM
Quote:
I didn't get "huffy" I just answered your question. I said "There will never be a Type 8 Shuttle Interior that players (you) would be happy with. We won't make an art asset (that you can use in missions) that you can't fit 5 players in.

As far as the cut scene goes... There is no way I could make that particular sequence as "just a cut scene" it's not the way our engine works. I have to transfer you to the map first and turn you invisible, that means I have to put you someplace first so I can hide you while I move the cameras around.

Originally I had you starting out in a shuttle bay and playing the landing sequence there, then we made a shuttle interior so I put you in that instead because it was cooler. Everything else was made for the original Bay - Ground scene.

I didn't have time to go back and have a "special" cut scene runabout made to use it instead of the type 8. Not to mention that even if I had it would have caused people to nitpick that as well. Instead of "The interior is big threads" we would have "but my ship doesn't have a runabout" thread..

My point here Azurian, is that blanket statements about "how easy" something might be to change are generally way off from the actual truth. If it were "easy" I would do it.. end of story... However most things are not easy...

So do me a favor Please stop telling me how "easy" something might be for me to do, because you really don't have any information or experience with our tools to make that assumption.

Goz
ill just say this, " It was a great mission, and some of the best work yet in the remastered series, i loved it adn cant wait for the next one to come off the production line!!!!!!"
Lt. Commander
# 34
06-12-2011, 05:25 AM
personally Iloved the cut scenes and the fact the wrong interior was used doesnt bother me because I knew how hard it was for the devs just to create that interior. Maybe down the line they will develop a two man interior for fun or something until then im pretty satisfied and love the game.
Lt. Commander
# 35
06-12-2011, 01:20 PM
This whole situation would be a non-issue if the game used more modern shuttle designs based on those seen aboard the Enterprise E, as opposed to designs which were second-class on the Voyager. But then Cyrptic wouldn't be able to SELL us the Ent-E shuttles whenever they get around to making them
Lt. Commander
# 36
06-12-2011, 09:38 PM
I loved it and can no wait for the rest.