Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
i watched Excalibuer's progress for sometimes and it certainly got Far since Year ago after STO's Launch.
and Development team of STE seems have pulled off few of amazing Graphics that far outweight than any Star Trek Games and ST MMOs (Except it is almost on Par with STO but upped over the STO by tiny bit)

STE's New Graphics Render Test And Warp Test Run

and Galaxy Class Looks so Right and it is same as Enterprise from TNG, you can see here's blue dockbay doors here, just right. so right. and Earth Spacedock right here are actually bigger than Galaxy Class.

you can find more videos by STE here

here's spoiler right here the Weapon Lighting testing here look awesome. the Torpedos here are moving really fast just like in TNG.

STE's Weapon Lighting Testing

Small infomation about STE:

they are Actually Group of Star Trek Fans that's Making this.

they Nailed Star Trek just right on where it should be.

Quote from Youtube User:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion1642
can't believe that it came down to fans to make the best ST GAME EVER!!! looks VERY promising, as it did from the start.... I just hope that the voice acting is done well, and if it's possible, by some actors from ST itself... but as far as the physics/lighting/graphics it looks AWESOME.. and that's putting it mildly! I have been playing and making minor adjustments to Bridge commander, and even those little adjustments can be a pain, good to see that you are making a game that is mod friendly

And Very Cool Demo for yall!
STE's UI, Physics & Camera Demonstration

STE's Site

STE's Feeds

2nd UPDATE:
Excalibur - Q & A Session - Sept 2010 (New)

Quote From Youtube Users:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainkirk1701
No. It is a completely seperate game, and will probably be avaliable for download on the ST Excalibur website. And best of all, it will be totally free!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharding85
i can not wait for this game now, i have been playing on star trek online and i always feel its lacking something, this looks like it has everything. I dont think the online side of things should drive the story but it would be a nice addition to the game to have a sort of free roam system to explore the galaxy after you completed it and do some missions from the campaign with you friends. But its the ship interiors i am excited about something that was really lacking in STO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agentm31
I trust these guys completely to make the best Star Trek game ever

Devs of STO you could ask the STE Devs on how to make Tech for STO bit more better and on par with STE
just asking. as for Ten Forward.. feel free to Comment on this Thread.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-09-2011, 04:29 PM
Updated for 2nd time
please Read the First Post
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-09-2011, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superlink1 View Post
Devs of STO you could ask the STE Devs on how to make Tech for STO bit more better and on par with STE
just asking. as for Ten Forward.. feel free to Comment on this Thread.
i doubt its that they dont know, unable or unwilling to make sto look like Excalibur but as i understand it Excalibur is a single player game, or at least certainly not an mmo, and more of a flight simulator rather than a fast paced mmo (someone correct me if im wrong).

mmo's more often than not have much weaker graphics so the servers dont implode and more people can play them. the better sto looks the more problems people have.

it does look very good though, although i think a few of the users are falling into the trap of expecting too much before its here. the guy who claimed it to be the best ST GAME EVER, before adding that it looks promising is getting ahead of himself.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-09-2011, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo

mmo's more often than not have much weaker graphics so the servers dont implode and more people can play them. the better sto looks the more problems people have.

I have never understood how this can be true, as all graphical output is done on the players computer, all the game server processes is a players movements/selection imput.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-09-2011, 04:55 PM
I checked out the site but it has no links to any screen shots or videos, its light on information, does it have any kind of release date planned or info on how far it is into its production?

edit: saw your later links will check them out, surprised the official site doesn have these.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-09-2011, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Equinox
I have never understood how this can be true, as all graphical output is done on the players computer, all the game server processes is a players movements/selection imput.
im no tech wiz so you could be right. i was under the impression is does have an impact on the servers in some capacity.

certainly on our end they will keep the specs low so more people can play them and run them smoothly.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-09-2011, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Equinox
I checked out the site but it has no links to any screen shots or videos, its light on information, does it have any kind of release date planned or info on how far it is into its production?

edit: saw your later links will check them out, surprised the official site doesn have these.
Sorry about that, STE's Feeds

they have pictures and Videos containing the Work they do in STE.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-10-2011, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
i doubt its that they dont know, unable or unwilling to make sto look like Excalibur but as i understand it Excalibur is a single player game, or at least certainly not an mmo, and more of a flight simulator rather than a fast paced mmo (someone correct me if im wrong).

it does look very good though, although i think a few of the users are falling into the trap of expecting too much before its here. the guy who claimed it to be the best ST GAME EVER, before adding that it looks promising is getting ahead of himself.
oh i mean they'd ask STE Devs to see if they can smooth out gameplay balance on each Players's Computers which impact gamplay, lagging when some players has it on high settings. in STE, they allow the older models from 2010 to today including MACs to be optimized for better and great gameplay without lagging or crashes to be playable in normal settings to high settings plus if you noticed the weapon lighting testings video, that was proton torpedos traveling at very high speed, like in Star Trek Movies and few old ST videogames. and in STO i feel they can't do that because they are moving at diffrent speed for example, they are traveling at half speed than the one in this video they are traveling at. that's very small problem for that. i feel they need to step up bit more speed for proton torpedos.

and STE is being developed into MMO from what they are doing. i believe that they could want to rival CBS's Cryptic Studios's STO i'm not sure at this either. but seems they are making it into MMO.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-10-2011, 07:13 PM
Does this game feature Excalibur?" if it does, I am so there.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-10-2011, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
Does this game feature Excalibur?" if it does, I am so there.
if not it should.. now they just need a Battleship Yamato Captain Harlock Cross over
fusion to meet up with it in some spooky Harrow or Nebula