Lt. Commander
# 1 QulDun BoP weapons placement
06-09-2011, 11:16 AM
Is there some way to place weapons on different parts of the ship?

Currently, I've got disruptor arrays firing from the weapon mounts on the end of the wings and the cannons firing from the main hull. I'd like it the other way round, but can't figure out how to do it.

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igard81 View Post
Thankyou Roach. Voodoo doesn't work, I already tried it.

So, is this something that's been brought up before, but Cryptic has no intention of changing?

Or does no one really care and just get a Raptor instead?
I believe it is merely a graphical error on the Devs part and is deemed low on the priority list is all. It has no effect on weapon function though and should not impeded your gameplay.

As to Mister_Dee. His first answer may be short but I do not think it was meant to be mean spirited.
Lt. Commander
# 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
As to Mister_Dee. His first answer may be short but I do not think it was meant to be mean spirited.
Okay, this is getting scary.
Look at my post in the "Klingon Gameplay" thread.
It was posted at the exact same minute as yours and I also used the phrase mean spirited.
Lt. Commander
# 4
It wasn't my intention to imply you were being 'mean spirited' mr_dee, just that typing 'NO?' in capital letters was sort of harsh given I was only asking a question.

A simple 'Unfortunately not' would have sufficed. You're correct, no need for an apology, though I wasn't looking for one either.

Anyway, I do appreciate you taking the time to answer my question.

Roach, It's just an immersion thing, nothing more really. I'm used to playing Starfleet Command II where I used a few mod tools to design my own ships, so I'm pretty demanding when it comes to little things like this.
Lt. Commander
# 5
I'll be more careful with caps in the future.
Lt. Commander
# 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
Okay, this is getting scary.
Look at my post in the "Klingon Gameplay" thread.
It was posted at the exact same minute as yours and I also used the phrase mean spirited.
(cues eerie music)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igard81 View Post

Roach, It's just an immersion thing, nothing more really. I'm used to playing Starfleet Command II where I used a few mod tools to design my own ships, so I'm pretty demanding when it comes to little things like this.
No worries. I too wish for more stuff in many areas and find the lacking in others as well.
Lt. Commander
# 7
I currently use an all disruptor beam Qul'Dun BoP and I find it quite discomforting to see the 3 frontal beams originate mostly from the tip of the ship, which should normally be the torpedo bay, while I got 2 visual cannon placements per wing. I learned to live with it and enjoy the visuals of the ship itself untill I reach Commander and Captain and get ugly BoP's (if I can believe the ships chart I found on this forum).
Lt. Commander
# 8
If you're referring to charts like the ones from Spidermitch, those are correct.

http://www.spidermitch.com/STO/KDF/S...FShipChart.jpg

The "reason" for the strange placement of the beams can be found in the difference in appearacne between the STO K't'inga and actual 'Trek K't'inga: it has some kind of short "beam strips" on its forward hull.
It appears that beams were placed in corresponding spots on the Qul'dun's hull but without adding the strips.

I'd like to add that personally the next level BoP, the Norgh, is a pesonal favourite of mine.
It has double-delta wings (like the Vor'cha) and a decent amount of physical weapon placements.
It has a cool wing pattern and an interesting impulse engine placement.
I wish I could fly a BoP with that appearance at T5 instead of the blocky Hegh'ta that looks like someone tried to imitate a Scimitar or the Haj, in which case I don't even know what to compare that thing to...
Lt. Commander
# 9
As far as I know, the BoPs that have wingtip cannons and inboard cannons tend to go like this.

Beam Banks/Dual Heavy Cannons - Wingtip hardpoints
Beam Arrays/turrets - fore and aft hull hardpoints
Dual Cannons - Inboard cannon hardpoints
Lt. Commander
# 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebeneezergoode
As far as I know, the BoPs that have wingtip cannons and inboard cannons tend to go like this.

Beam Banks/Dual Heavy Cannons - Wingtip hardpoints
Beam Arrays/turrets - fore and aft hull hardpoints
Dual Cannons - Inboard cannon hardpoints
Have to agree with Ebeneezergoode on this, since I tend to use mostly Dual Beams and Beam Arrays.
I have tried Cannons and Dual Cannons, but they are not what I like... at least not the Dual Cannons with the 45' firing arc, it took me a while to get used to Dual Beams as well so who knows I will upgrade to Dual Cannons in the future... :p

On the Qul' Dun BoP the weapons fired from this location:
1. Dual Beams Arrays go from wingtips.
2. Single Beam Arrays from the nose tip.
3. Dual (heavy) Cannons from the wingtips
4. Single Cannons have no set location and get fired from the exact center seen from front to back of the ship near the so-called mission pods

Note:
My main currently has a Heg'ta Heavy BoP and 1+2 are the same, the Dual Cannons get fired from mounted gun emplacements under the wing close to the hull. So far haven't tried Single Cannons and Dual Heavy Cannons so I really don't know, but as far as logic dictates DHC get fired the same as DC like on the Qul'Dun.

Ending note:
This is only the Qul'Dun and Heg'ta BoP's, not sure if other BoP's have different weapon firing locations. I still have all tiers of BoP from my main so could check if people want to know... It will take time.