Lt. Commander
# 11
06-09-2011, 11:06 AM
The idea of sub hangers sounds great; however, it sounds like the option to use them would be an all or nothing deal.

Id use sub hangers but Id like to option to either use weapons or swap out to extra hangers or vice versa.

The concept of giving up weapon slots for extra hanger has been discussed in this forum before and I think the general censuses was wed all like the option to be able to switch to weapons to extra hangers or be able to switch from hangers to extra weapons.

Could you imagine having a Carrier with 5 forward and aft weapon slots, it would be a true gunship

Extra hangers would be nice but Id like to be able to choose weather I need more deployable craft or more personal fire power.
Lt. Commander
# 12
Sounds great! Personally, I wouldn't use two sub-hangars at a time, but to have the option to do that would be great.
Lt. Commander
# 13
Options are always fun, and this would allow for more diversity and different strategies out there. I'm for it. The more complexity the better, in my opinion. I don't like to automatically know what the other guy has in his arsenal.
Lt. Commander
# 14
Sounds interesting but with the new FAW such a change may be pointless and gimp the carrier further still.

I rather like 0Gambit0's suggestion that we have the choice to use the subhangars or weapons slotted as we choose with limitations to keep the carrier from becoming a 5fore/5aft weapon arraingment.

If the Devs would give better pet commands as well then the idea is all the better for it.
Lt. Commander
# 15
You got ahold of a dev in game? LIES!
Lt. Commander
# 16
G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
I like the Idea provided that FAW is toned down in damage beyond the primary target. As it stands now, there is absolutely NO reason to fly a carrier vs teams that area carrying more then 1 person with FAW and all beams. And I'm not just talking about Mines being shot down, or To'duj, but BoP Pets are getting shot down just as easy as the rest and with nothing greater then FAW 2.
I'll let you know how my fight Fawer with FAWer carrier build works out.
Lt. Commander
# 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan118 View Post
I am for this Idea if they also change a few things:

1: Either they increase the carriers shields and hull making them like modern day carriers (almost no attack capability up close but hard as hell to sink) or they let you have 4 wepon slots instead of just 2 so you can still defend yourself to some degree.

2. Add a pet menu like some people have mentioned already, doesnt have to be much just simple commands like change target or return.

3. Change the launching and returning functions. ex: you can choose to leave your fighters out to have them ready at a moments notice, but then some may be dmged or you wouldnt be able to launch more as fast. If you recall them your defencless but you will have fully healed fighters and could launch them faster.

and last if they decide to make them take up 2 weapon slots and give you know firepower then they should not fix the UI and leave it so if you have a swarm of fighters on one target he wount be able to simple hunt you down and ignore the fighters. Fighters should be their as a distraction since you cannot defend yourself.
I don't understand your last point.

How can you forces someone to do that in game? You can't keep a player from targeting the carrier over the pets. That is a tactical decision...
Lt. Commander
# 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorgald View Post
I wonder tho, are they only thinking about making this change for the Vo'Quv or do it for the Kar'Fi as well....

Honestly i wouldn't mind losing 2 weapon slots and have 1 hangar bay added on that...
I'd be fun to have up to 6 of those Karfi Frigates.

Also, It would be nice if the Karfi could have a Lt. Commander Eng BO slot to make it a little bit more viable in PvP
Lt. Commander
# 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto_von_Bismarck View Post

Also, It would be nice if the Karfi could have a Lt. Commander Eng BO slot to make it a little bit more viable in PvP
Aye, that would make it perfect.

Can ditch the commander sci slot for that np

Or make that station universal, THAT would be funneh...
Lt. Commander
# 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
G
I'll let you know how my fight Fawer with FAWer carrier build works out.
LOL, should work very well for you, mine i have been hitting over 300 K damage each match and over 300K healing. Blues and greens, LG 5 plus need to respec was in Bops.