Lt. Commander
Iím sure that someone probably already brought this up in the past and I just missed it; however, the Carrier is currently the only vessel in game that does not get a skill boost from a lower Tiered vessel.

Maybe the Carrier does get a boost from something and Iím just missing it but Iím pretty sure thatís not the case.

Iím wondering if it would be possible to tie the Carrier into the commander and captain levels of the Cruiser class so that we can get the same benefits that all other vessel classes get for their lower tiered incarnations.

I know that what I proposing is not the best idea but tying the Carrier into a lower tiers vessel class is the easiest fix that I can think of.

In a perfect virtual world Cryptic would add a Destroyer/Carrier class vessel at the lower tiers that would skill into the current Carriers that we have now.

Anyone else have any ideas about how this no lower tier bonus for Carriers problem could be addressed?

Thanks for your time
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-09-2011, 10:06 AM
Not in game right know. But i believe cruiser increase carrier skills. So basically Heavy Warship Captain, K't'inga Battle Cruiser Captain and Vor'cha Battle Cruiser Captain
Lt. Commander
# 3
Skill details on all skills related to cruisers says that 50% is also applied to a carrier...
Lt. Commander
# 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSaviour
Skill details on all skills related to cruisers says that 50% is also applied to a carrier...
So I guess I did miss it
Lt. Commander
# 5
You guys donít know how embarrassed I am about my ignorance to the fact that the Carrier pulled bonus from the Cruiser class.

Iíve never used a Klingon cruiser and never looked at any of the Cruiser skill descriptions on my KDF science toon.

This explains the discrepancies between hull and shield points that Iíve been getting when I compare my numbers to the numbers of other Carrier Pilots.

My Current skill set up is used to boost the effectiveness of my BOP, Fighters and Scorpions and my Photonic Fleet.

Iíll have to respec my current setup and make sure that I boost my Carrier and my BOP only and if I have any spare points left over Iíll spread them out where I can.

Once again is my face

Oh well, Live and Learn
Lt. Commander
# 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Gambit0 View Post
You guys donít know how embarrassed I am about my ignorance to the fact that the Carrier pulled bonus from the Cruiser class.

And you SHOULD be embarrassed. It's all in the manual....... oh, wait...........
Lt. Commander
# 7
I went over to tribble and cleaned up my skill point placement.

My build did not turn out has bad has I thought it would be.

I pulled all my extra points that really were not doing much for me and the only skill that took a real hit was Starship Energy Weapon Efficiency (boosts my Photoinc Fleet somehow) it went from 9 down to 4.

My Carreirs hull and Shields saw a nice boost after the respec

My hull and shlelds were 47720 and 12618 before the respec and after the respec they are 54353 and 13959 not to shabby.

I'm happy that my BOP and both my fighters retain there full skill bonus (whatever that may be since we can't see it anywhere) and the primary skills I use with my Carrier where not touched at all.
Lt. Commander
# 8
Would be cool, if the BOP boxes boosted stats on the pet BOPs
Lt. Commander
# 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
Would be cool, if the BOP boxes boosted stats on the pet BOPs
We'd never have enough points to spare them

It would be nice if our deployable craft all had stats that we could view so we could see if itís worth investing heavily in them or not.
Lt. Commander
# 10
I am sure that the points from the cruisers and the heavy warships carry over from the lower tiers to the T5 ship. All you really have to do to check it out is to respec and spec again on tribble and see in system space if there is a difference......Yup, that's what I do when I am looking at build-changing.