Lt. Commander
Well with all the love Federation ships are getting to even up with Imperial warships, what love should the Raptor Get?

Turn-Rate Booster?

More Damage?

Better Armor?

Universal Ensign Slot?

A Beam Lance?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-09-2011, 10:10 AM
Upgrades? No, I personally think it is balanced the way it is right now and that any tweak would bring the Fed PVP'rs out in force crying foul about how you blew their new MVAE out of space with little to no effort and that you need to be nerfed. Costumes or Variations YES!!!!! That is what most of the KDF community wants with its ships, being able to customize our death sleds as we reign down hate and discontent upon the Feds.

Sure a few more classes of ships would be great, but being able to utilize more costume options would be a quick fix to appease the KDF in the short term. Note, I said appease short term, not fix and satisfy.
Lt. Commander
# 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciritai View Post
Upgrades? No, I personally think it is balanced the way it is right now and that any tweak would bring the Fed PVP'rs out in force crying foul about how you blew their new MVAE out of space with little to no effort and that you need to be nerfed. Costumes or Variations YES!!!!! That is what most of the KDF community wants with its ships, being able to customize our death sleds as we reign down hate and discontent upon the Feds.

Sure a few more classes of ships would be great, but being able to utilize more costume options would be a quick fix to appease the KDF in the short term. Note, I said appease short term, not fix and satisfy.
Speaking for myself, I want more for the KDF in the way of ships, missions, storyline, costume options, Targ/saurian handling, etc but am tired of being told "no" by the feds everytime the subject is brought up whilst they cry foul of our faction being too powerful in thier vaunted opinions.
So I wait patiently, play the game and see if the Devs will allow fed pandering to undermine every other aspect of STO much like the situation PvP seems to be slowly/quickly falling into currently.
Biding my time until I decided that the game is so far gone from common sense as to not be worth my refering to those I know whom have asked of it and how it plays.
Harsh, most certainly, but I tire of the petty BS and grow bored with being told me place by those whom deem themselves my betters.
Lt. Commander
# 4
Completely agree Roach! Well said!
Lt. Commander
# 5
It's really absurd, it's not like KDF has any huge advantage over FED ships in my opinion. For one, the Raptor is basically exactly the same as a Defiant. Klingon ships are not overpowered.
Lt. Commander
# 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Harsh, most certainly, but I tire of the petty BS and grow bored with being told me place by those whom deem themselves my betters.
There is a strict hierarchy in STO that is enforced by some but by no means all players

1. Fed-only players, those who "don't play a useless species" and yes, I can quote that:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...9&postcount=52

2. God, not blasphemy, it just feels right to place him here

3. Tainted creatures like me, who have characters on both sides

4. The horrible ones, you know the ones who only play the useless species.
Lt. Commander
# 7
Quote:
4. The horrible ones, you know the ones who only play the useless species.
Like Me. maH DichDaq Qaw' DIvI'!

Then again I've always been a non-conformist and anti-popularity minded.
Lt. Commander
# 8
Quote:
Like Me. maH DichDaq Qaw' DIvI'!

Then again I've always been a non-conformist and anti-popularity minded.
HMM, we'll see if your call "We will destroy the Federation!" will have its expected result but I don't understand that other stuff you're writing:
non-con...non-com....non-communist?
I don't understand why you don't like communists....must be because I'm one of those mentally challenged half-breeds.
Our cranial capacity is vastly inferior to that of all those pure Federation-dudes.
Lt. Commander
# 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
HMM, we'll see if your call "We will destroy the Federation!" will have its expected result but I don't understand that other stuff you're writing:
non-con...non-com....non-communist?
I don't understand why you don't like communists....must be because I'm one of those mentally challenged half-breeds.
Our cranial capacity is vastly inferior to that of all those pure Federation-dudes.
Non-Conformists. Meaning I can't form convicts into other shapes very well. Though maybe comminist convicts are easier to bend?

as to the love a Raptor should get. My only suggestion would be drop a ENG console slot and give the LG version a 17 turn score.
Lt. Commander
# 10
Quote:
Non-Conformists. Meaning I can't form convicts into other shapes very well. Though maybe comminist convicts are easier to bend?
Have you tried breaking their bones?
Those crunchy...tasty bones...?
HMMM....booones
http://www.allmystery.de/dateien/uh6...er_simpson.jpg

Quote:
as to the love a Raptor should get. My only suggestion would be drop a ENG console slot and give the LG version a 17 turn score.
Doesn't a Mk11 RCS console have a similar effect?
It takes over one ENG console and increases the turnrate.

My proposal for a Raptor that fills a gap at max level would certainly by one that shifts the ship's focus towards science, away from Tactical.
With a decent amount of science slots and a Sci BO setup and a reduced armament, 3/3 no cannons.
I know some folks will laugh at me for this because Raptor and science sounds contradictory.
But I guess it's as non-conformistic as your ideas.
And I'd say a Raptor with a fixed science arrangement would probably be a very attractive and useful alternative to the BoP.
Also the Raptor all the Raptors in this game come from was a scout not a starship-killer so it's not as out of the box as it may sound.