Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Lt. Commander
I am curiuos as to what BOff abilities the community of Raptor pilots see as a "must have" in pvp (or pve) to offset the shortcommings of the Raptor?

I certainly think EPTS, HE, PH, and ST are needed more often than not.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-09-2011, 10:12 AM
As I'm stil at tier 3 with my Liberated Borg Engineer in his Raptor, I can't talk from enough experiance, but I'd say a whole lot of Tactical Team.
Lt. Commander
# 3
"Needs more TacTeam" t-shirts are in the works. :p

Actually I was hoping to start a generic thread on what some think are vital or near vital abilities (and why) for those whom are new to the Raptor or the KDF and are having issues making sense of things.
Lt. Commander
# 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
"Needs more TacTeam" t-shirts are in the works. :p
Something like this?

http://images8.cpcache.com/product/1...olor-Black.jpg

Quote:
Actually I was hoping to start a generic thread on what some think are vital or near vital abilities (and why) for those whom are new to the Raptor or the KDF and are having issues making sense of things.
I'd like something like that, especially since I'm on my way to using one in the future.
Lt. Commander
# 5
APO is a must have for me. Because it breaks any movement debuff and can give a DPS boost on an Alpha strike.
Lt. Commander
# 6
Quote:
Only marginal in my opinion though I have no problems with using TSS1 in combo with my two EPTS's for a higher combined resist score.
So the short is they are effective but like any skill expect a better return from TSS3 and TSS2 accordingly.
Sounds like Science Team is more useful actually.

What about the Ensign and Lieutenant level "Target" skills, any real chance of knocking out a system?
I'm looking for some mid and low-level Tactical skill slots to fill.
Lt. Commander
# 7
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
Sounds like Science Team is more useful actually.
Science has the added bonus of removing some very commonly used debuffs.
Quote:
Rank I: Ensign/Bekk 1m 25s 50 75 450 Shield Regeneration applied once to each facing
Removes science debuffs over 5 sec
+?? Starship Operations Training for 5 sec

Rank II: Lieutenant 1m 25s 100 150 X Shield Regeneration applied once to each facing
+XX Starship Operations Training for 5 sec

Rank III: Lt Commander 1m 25s 150 - +X Shield Regeneration applied once to each facing
+XX Starship Operations Training for 5 sec
but it does lack the resistance buff that TSS provides.

Another popular shield ability is;
Quote:
Rank I: Lieutenant 45 sec 100 150 0 Shield Regeneration each pulse
Reduces Damage to Shields by 15%

Rank II: Lieutenant Commander 150 225 ...

Rank III: Commander 1min 25sec 200 408 Shield Regeneration each sec for 30 sec
Reduces Damage to Shields by 35% for 30 sec
due to its high resist bonus.

Quote:
What about the Ensign and Lieutenant level "Target" skills, any real chance of knocking out a system?
I have been told that they do not pack the required punch at the lower levels to effectively disable with any consistency.
After repeated use of BTSS: aux against a really well driven Defiant in a pvp match with no effect what so ever, I would have to agree.
Rank 1 BTSS: engines may be effective but the others seem well out of range of being useful at the same levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N_Danger
APO is a must have for me. Because it breaks any movement debuff and can give a DPS boost on an Alpha strike.
Don't forget its speed and turn bonus
Quote:
Rank I: Lieutenant 60s 100
Rank II: Lt. Commander 60s 200
Rank III: Commander 60s 300 +X% All Damage strength for 15 sec
+X% All Damage resistance for 15 sec
+X% Flight Speed strength for 15 sec
+X% Flight Turn Rate strength for 5 sec
Immunity to Movement Debuffs for 15 sec
+X% Defense strength for 5 sec
If you use it wisely, ApO can help you keep your target in the front firing arc more ofen leading to a higher damage output.
Lt. Commander
# 8
For must have skills:
science team and/or engineering team - for counters to common debuffs: scramble, snb, target subsystems, ect
CRF or FAW depending on build - for damage output increase
attack pattern omega / polarize hull - immunity to tractor beams, omega is slightly better because it grants movement, dmg, and turn buffs and immunity to movement debuffs
at least one sheild heal (epts, Tss, sci team, ect) - some survival
and least one hull heal (aux to SIF, hazard emitters, engineering team) - some survival

suggest one movement buff (omega, aux to dampeners, EPtE) - in a pug, sometimes you need to get somewhere fast / get away fast. movement buff + evasive = gone.

thats what I require on all my ships ( except i don't use FAW), regardless of class, faction, or purpose; because in a Pug, you can't be sure what your teammates will do

just my two EC...
Lt. Commander
# 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee

This is what I was referring to, not transfer shield strength (TSS). Target 1 abilities have the standard 20% chance to disable the appropriate power (shld, eng, wpn, aux) and mine will do a minimum -46 to that power.
Lt. Commander
# 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory275 View Post
This is what I was referring to, not transfer shield strength (TSS).
This time acromyn abse abviously cought up with us.
The way you Phrased it it sounded like the 'X' was referring to the level, not the targetted subsystem.
TSS means "Transfer Shields Strenght" but what the apropriate acronym for "Beam Target X Subsystem" be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory275 View Post
Target 1 abilities have the standard 20% chance to disable the appropriate power (shld, eng, wpn, aux) and mine will do a minimum -46 to that power.
Thanks, that doesn't sound too bad actually.