Lt. Commander
# 1 Brel Rules You. Screw Sci
06-09-2011, 11:16 AM
For all of the haters out there, the new bop Brel refit is the pinnacle of stealth combat. The combination of various algorithms capable of being brought to bear in appropriate sequence is the greatest yet available in sto.

Preparation of subsystem targeting under cloak, and the free initiative victory offered by using jam sensors from cstealth grants the user of this bop unprecedented virtual immunity from attack disruption. The addition of a second option for engagement, limited arms usage and corresponding exposure, creates an even more difficult situation for the enemy to predict and counter.

The power of well used Tricobalt torpedoes and mines can not be understated. Even an hyt3 from 10km can significantly impact the battle. A torpedo shot every 3 seconds is clearly advantageous to nothing at all. This combined with the minimized window of exposure to risk for uber offensive sci powers such as cpb and psw means that the presence of a Brel bop in any game changes the playing field greatly.

Now the bad. The lack of cloak functionality for duration skills leaves something to be desired. But clearly.... by ANY logic, a ship activately using deflectors, emitters, or even sensors to impact the battle could be "detected" targeted, and destroyed. Imho, this game lacks "fire here" functionality, so any good player could ALWAYS "detect" a cloaked ship, bringing weapons to bear on that area. Thus, when a ship is engaging tractor, emitting a hazard repair beam, transferring shield strength, or any such gobbletygoop bs, they should RIGHTLY be detected and capable of being destroyed, for the entire duration of such action.

Therefore there is no need to "fix" the brel bop in any way. If a heal bop can not function using spkie heals alone from limited detection (3s >20s) then maybe there shouldnt be one. In many games there is a stealth functionality, and in few does the "healer" deploy a "permanent invisibility" that allows him to operate with impunity. Sanctuary and invisibility spells in every game are often canceled when such an offensive or consistent duration action would occur.

Frankly. If ANY change should occur, ALL HAZ EMITTERS, TRRANSFER SHIELDS, ETC SHOULD TAKE EVERY SHIP OUT OF CLOAK ON USE! both user and recipient. sound hardcore? i want perma death character deletion no respawns real ship destruction. this is nothing, to ***** or actually say anything about,that the brel functions as it is now. If anything.. it is TOO good, and the duration fo decloak should be EXTEN DED! anyone rant off. brel owns you, ha ha sci bop wanna bes go fly gorn
Lt. Commander
# 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoeJoe
i want perma death character deletion
That's cool. Extending the duration of the current decloak, though, is called "deequipping shields and flying around."

Tell me about some of the cool times you've had with your super stealth ship so far!
Lt. Commander
# 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWRicheson View Post
That's cool. Extending the duration of the current decloak, though, is called "deequipping shields and flying around."

Tell me about some of the cool times you've had with your super stealth ship so far!
sure. late join to an arena already under way, i speed in on full impluse tricobalt the weak shield of a fed and he dies as i continue off, still cloaked, and open up with impunity again on another fed. dying alot maybe, fun, for sure
Lt. Commander
# 4
Actually i fought against one of these super bops in a kvk match, the super bops team lost 15-1, i thought it was a poor ship tbh, tho on only one fight one cannot discount pilot error
Lt. Commander
# 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhansWrath
no other cloaked ship can throw heals while cloaked you dullard
Well since you seem to not have gotten my point I think you're the dullard.

As Husanak as explained its when you get healed that you lose cloak and that does not happen with any other BoP.
Lt. Commander
# 6
I'll say what's on everyone's mind. I don't think the OP knows what an algorithm is.
Lt. Commander
# 7
Self heals and received heals should not de-cloak you. I'm fine if heals on others de-cloak you.
Lt. Commander
# 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
Self heals and received heals should not de-cloak you. I'm fine if heals on others de-cloak you.
Im with you, The pilot should have control of when his shield drops not be subject to the whims or lack of knowledge of others.
Lt. Commander
# 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
Personally I think the enhanced cloak should only allow you to tac (or maybe eng or sci) debuff (single target) for free (IE no decloak, and I'm looking at you FOMM3), and let you fire off projectiles and only decloak like they already do, 3 seconds sounds like alot of time but in mass pvp it can be quite difficult to catch you in the chaos, otherwise it needs to act like a standard battlecloak.
Lt. Commander
# 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP3CTREnyc
I'll say what's on everyone's mind. I don't think the OP knows what an algorithm is.
Algorithms are "... a list of well-defined instructions for completing a task" (wiki ha ha).

Thus.... to accomplish the removal of your enemies shields, an appropriate algorithm might involve targeting shields, then using beam overload 3 on the reduced resist target.

Such can be pre charged with the brel bop now, allowing for one additional prep option for the alpha strike run.

Clearly any tactic or maneuver in the game is in fact a list of specific instructions you the user are inputting for the program to control your ship. Fly behind the enemy, activate your ****, unload. Those who nitpick others speech and make rude comments out of place for insulting purposes (see trolling), are often less educated, intelligent, and polite than those who dont give a **** or waste time on trivialties of internet forum grammatcial perfection. chat pwned
Closed Thread