Lt. Commander
# 11 I always love a sale!
06-09-2011, 11:51 AM
And I was just thinking the other day that I was going to buy more Character Slots the next time they were on sale... I was thinking it would be nice at 20% off, but 50% == Yay Me!

Do Ship and BO Slots still only unlock per character, or per account?

And while I'm rambling on the topic of slots, but still somewhat off topic, I noticed when you get more than 44 Uniforms slots you can't change them remotely anymore, cuz the costume list doesn't have a scoll bar. I have to go to the Tailor to change into my newer unis.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-09-2011, 12:02 PM
ship and bo are per character.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-09-2011, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
And while I'm rambling on the topic of slots, but still somewhat off topic, I noticed when you get more than 44 Uniforms slots you can't change them remotely anymore, cuz the costume list doesn't have a scoll bar. I have to go to the Tailor to change into my newer unis.
44 Uniforms...

talk about not uniform!
I could never imagine needing so many on a single toon. At the most I could imagine around 20. One canon uniform of each era in most variations plus 1-2 customs... how did you get 44?
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-09-2011, 12:16 PM
Quote:
You are not alone man...
If you klick on the verry edge of the costume window you can drag it up and down, and see your uniforms
that is how I do it

And time to go buy some more uniform slots and Bo slots!

Gotta remember tho to not reroll that captain for who i buy the BO slots...
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-09-2011, 12:20 PM
Still some of these purchases are per troon not per account. I'd be much more inclined to buy these things but given it's only per toon I'm really not sure.

200cp for 2 costume slots ACCOUNT WIDE
200cp for 2 BO slots CHARACTER SPECIFIC
200cp for 2 ship slots CHACRACTER SPECIFIC

It just seems a bit odd that the price is the same, the purpose is the same (maybe not in terms of storage space you tell me) but the scope of the item changes. The only thing I'll probably get is more costume slots and turnover ships via c store which are account wide.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-09-2011, 12:20 PM
It would be really nice if we knew what was going to happen to our unspent Atari tokens when the PW deal is finalized. Id like to buy into this sale but I don't want to buy all the tokens when I might get stuck with them later and no game to spend them on.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-09-2011, 12:39 PM
Well, this is certainly (for me, at least) a nice surprise! I was probably going to have to buy another 2 officer slots for my main (all my current officers are a part of my character's story, and didn't want to get rid of any of them) for when the Caitian and Aenar officers come out, and I'm glad I waited for a sale. Like PatricianVetinari, I expected a 20% off sale sometime soon, but 50% off rocks!

I just wish that the officer and ship slots were account-wide, like the costume slots are, but oh well. I still don't like paying for something that only unlocks per character, but at least this way it's not as expensive. I might even buy 2 more ship slots for my main...

Thanks for the sale, Cryptic!
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-09-2011, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr1983 View Post
ship and bo are per character.
Thanks for the answer. Bummer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timelord_Victorious
44 Uniforms...

talk about not uniform!
I could never imagine needing so many on a single toon. At the most I could imagine around 20. One canon uniform of each era in most variations plus 1-2 customs... how did you get 44?
I know, right? What, can I say, I'm a fashionista... lol... I actually have 60 slots (extras always purchased on sales), 45 are used on my Main Character (Tac so pretty much just goes with the Red colors), and I have more on my second Alt who is female which has more options, and she's Sci, so I have some unis duped for her in Command Red and Sci Blue. Also, I'm a collector/completist at heart, so I like to have "one of each" type of thing.

And I just like having different costumes, based on my mood at any given play time. Then there are unis for my Fleet, for RP, for Dress, for Casual/Off Duty, then the same unis with different Stances... I have the canons (thank you Blackavaar), and some customs/variants... Here's what I got on Havelock:
  1. Havelock Combat
  2. Havelock Off Duty
  3. Fleet Dress Uniform
  4. Havelock T.O.S. Gold
  5. Havelock T.O.S. Tunic
  6. Havelock M.U. Green
  7. Havelock W.O.K.
  8. Havelock W.O.K. Open
  9. Havelock T.N.G. Series
  10. Havelock T.N.G. Film
  11. Havelock D.S.9.
  12. Havelock Voy
  13. Havelock S.T.O. Lemming
  14. Havelock Vice Admiral
  15. Havelock Diplomat
  16. Havelock Fizzbin Norm
  17. Havelock Fizzbin Chill
  18. Havelock Black Tie Formal
  19. Havelock Mercenary
  20. Havelock Ranger
  21. Havelock Assassin
  22. Havelock Veteran Red
  23. Havelock Veteran Green
  24. Havelock Ent Jumpsuit
  25. Havelock M.U. Ent Jumpsuit
  26. Havelock T.M.P. Admiral
  27. Havelock Christmas 2010
  28. Havelock Fleet T.A.C.O. Uniform
  29. Havelock All Good Things C and G
  30. Havelock Voy Crash Flight Suit
  31. Havelock Jupiter 04
  32. Havelock T.O.S. Formal Dress
  33. Havelock T.N.G. Open
  34. Havelock T.N.G. Cmd Variant
  35. Havelock T.N.G. Film Open
  36. Havelock D.S.9. Open
  37. Havelock Voy Open
  38. Havelock S.T.O. B4 Green
  39. Havelock Jeans And T-shirt
  40. Havelock Gary Seven
  41. Bajoran Command Red Brig General
  42. Bajoran Security
  43. Bajoran Dress Blues
  44. Section 31
  45. All Good Things Command Red
And I've got a couple other Jupiter ones I want to make, just haven't got to it yet (and then I get my 500 Day reward next month...). If you'll pardon the sexism, I sometimes feel like a teenage girl, the way I like to (virtually) play "dress-up" LOL Crazy, I know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGTC
You are not alone man...
Yay!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGTC
If you klick on the verry edge of the costume window you can drag it up and down, and see your uniforms that is how I do it ...
OH! I didn't know we could do that! Will try, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by V_Silverwings View Post
Still some of these purchases are per troon not per account. I'd be much more inclined to buy these things but given it's only per toon I'm really not sure.

200cp for 2 costume slots ACCOUNT WIDE
200cp for 2 BO slots CHARACTER SPECIFIC
200cp for 2 ship slots CHACRACTER SPECIFIC

It just seems a bit odd that the price is the same, the purpose is the same (maybe not in terms of storage space you tell me) but the scope of the item changes. The only thing I'll probably get is more costume slots and turnover ships via c store which are account wide.
Yeah, I hate the Per Character Thing. I mean CLEARLY I am an advid C-Store Customer, I would buy more Ship/BO slots if made Per Account!

And speaking of Wishes... (Were we?) I wish, we could alphabatize, or otherwise arrange our uniform list.
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-09-2011, 12:45 PM
Quote:
And speaking of Wishes... (Were we?) I wish, we could alphabatize, or otherwise arrange our uniform list.
Quoted.. For.. Truth!

I, too, wish we could change the arrangement of our uniform list, and I look forward to the day when they (hopefully!) make it possible.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-09-2011, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
Dear Cryptic.

Pre-Announce these things.

Not only is it a courtesy to those of us who purchase things from the C-store, but you'll also likely see an influx of C-point purchases in preparations. Meaning more money for you. Announcing even just a week in advance gives most people a chance to purchase C-points in preparation. By jumping off on the sale as it starts some people will not be able to take advantage of it due to not having funds at the time. So you lose out on purchases.
As far as i am aware in retail, you don't usually get a "Coming Soon *insert* Sale" announcement, that in 2 weeks time or however long, this selection of items will be reduced considerably. Because if that is the case, no one would buy any of these items for the next few weeks would they...

Sales are usually surprise events and designed to spark off the idea of impulse buying, and the announcement of a sale usually begins with that said sale. I'm not entirely sure what it is you are asking for, because at least in the country i live in, along with the companies i buy from, i get little warning of a sale other than "it is on now!"