Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
  1. Havelock Combat
  2. Havelock Off Duty
  3. Fleet Dress Uniform
    <snip>
  4. Section 31
  5. All Good Things Command Red
you never got to play with Barbie as a kid did you?
or you are the kind of guy that is arround 45 and collects "action figures"...
*thumbs up for supporting the game*

anyway i think i might buy a few costume slots, (would be my first ones)
at least those are account wide and i dont think they ever gonna get any cheaper then now.

with 7 chars i will NOT buy any slots that are per character ...EVER.
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-09-2011, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green117 View Post
As far as i am aware in retail, you don't usually get a "Coming Soon *insert* Sale" announcement, that in 2 weeks time or however long, this selection of items will be reduced considerably. Because if that is the case, no one would buy any of these items for the next few weeks would they...

Sales are usually surprise events and designed to spark off the idea of impulse buying, and the announcement of a sale usually begins with that said sale. I'm not entirely sure what it is you are asking for, because at least in the country i live in, along with the companies i buy from, i get little warning of a sale other than "it is on now!"
I've got plenty of memories of my mother and grandmothers getting geared up in advanced for sales the local JCPenny, Belks, or other store was putting on that they advertised in the local news paper and sometimes even on TV a week or more in advance.
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-09-2011, 12:37 PM
Wow. I was waiting for a sale to buy two more character slots. Like others, I was expecting a 20% off. For 50% you can't go wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-09-2011, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
you never got to play with Barbie as a kid did you?
or you are the kind of guy that is arround 45 and collects "action figures"...
*thumbs up for supporting the game*
LOL Well said, thanks. :p No, never really got into dollies, but I did like playing with dishes and other "making house" stuff... Go figure. >shrug<

I'm 38, for the record, have a girlfriend of many years, no kids, stopped collecting "figures" about a decade ago, former comic, RPG, CCG (MTG) geek up through my twenties, too... (Got rid of my figures, but still have my old comics...) Now my hobbies mostly consist of hiking, swimming, reading, and video games (PC and console), when I'm not chatting with you fine people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Eye
Quoted.. For.. Truth!

I, too, wish we could change the arrangement of our uniform list, and I look forward to the day when they (hopefully!) make it possible.
Thanks F_E!!!

Anywho... Great sale!
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-09-2011, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
I've got plenty of memories of my mother and grandmothers getting geared up in advanced for sales the local JCPenny, Belks, or other store was putting on that they advertised in the local news paper and sometimes even on TV a week or more in advance.
Yet you said memories. Since i don't have any memories of parents or their parents getting geared up for sales back then, i can only go off what i see and am use to in my way of life now. I haven't and don't recall ever seeing a sale announcement weeks before it started or what it may offer.
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-09-2011, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green117 View Post
Yet you said memories. Since i don't have any memories of parents or their parents getting geared up for sales back then, i can only go off what i see and am use to in my way of life now. I haven't and don't recall ever seeing a sale announcement weeks before it started or what it may offer.
Well I can guarantee you they still do it just in a more modern method. You can see that was posted on May 16th, sale was May 28th, that's a 12 day advance warning from a major retail outlet.
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-09-2011, 01:08 PM
Finally a reasonable sale i am on board with, If these were the prices all the time the C-Store would see so much more activity!
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-09-2011, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
Well I can guarantee you they still do it just in a more modern method. You can see that was posted on May 16th, sale was May 28th, that's a 12 day advance warning from a major retail outlet.
I'm not saying they don't exist, and you have kindly linked what you have to prove the case, which has reminded me of those furniture and post-Christmas sales you see and are pre-warned about days before. Yet in all fairness, this Belk place is a a one day sale, just like those sales i have been reminded about.

The C-Store sale is a week long affair, so there is an element of pre-warning. It has been announced as it went live and you have a week to decide if you wish to buy anything. A day long sale, made up only of the opening hours of a retail outlet, i can understand a little warning.
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-09-2011, 01:22 PM
Nice attempt but you still fail. Until you, Cryptic, can justify per character slots being worth even 200 points when new characters cost 500, I'm not going near this. I'm not gullible like some people.

Try again.
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-09-2011, 01:23 PM
Oooh thank you cryptic! and yes more notice would be nice.