Lt. Commander
# 21
06-09-2011, 10:59 AM
any tac captain running this build doses not need 2 copies of CRF because of tactical initiative. your better off with APO 1 to boost damage. even though its cooldown can be long, it gets cut in half too with tactical infinitive. an engineer would be better off running 2 CRF though.
Lt. Commander
# 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
those old tests didn't go for broke with energy levels like i did, they stopped at 135 and figured that was it. check some of the other threads in this section about weapons power and such, this has been a major topic of debate lately. in a nut shell, 125 is the damage multiplier max, but there is no 'usable energy' max. all my cruisers run with about 180 weapons power, and even with 8 beam arrays and FAW i never drop below 100 power.
Well..

I changed the setup to stop at 135 weaponspower, and see no drop in weapon power, as opposed to the above listed build.

Build Changes

2x Polaron Cannon MK XII [Acc][CrtD]
1x Polaron Cannon MK XII [Dmg] x2
1x Polaron Cannon MK XII [CrtH]

1x MK XII EPS - 1x Pha/Dis Armor MK XII - 1x All Energy Armor MK XII - 1x Field Generator MK XI (have alternates for the Pha/Dis armor)

Power

95-55-25-25

Weapons are steady at around 100 power.
Lt. Commander
# 23
Quote:
any tac captain running this build doses not need 2 copies of CRF because of tactical initiative. your better off with APO 1 to boost damage. even though its cooldown can be long, it gets cut in half too with tactical infinitive. an engineer would be better off running 2 CRF though.
Ive thought of it, and will prolly try a build with CRF2 and APB1 (I prefer to debuff target for my allies to exploit)
Lt. Commander
# 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
The obvious weakness of this build is lack of spikes.

Must be bad luck...I have also met her in battle, and while the polaron sound and procs were annoying, it was barely noticeable. On the other hand I have very bad luck with phaser procs, seems they really like me.

But well at least it was not another FAW spamming excelsior

It would be a great build for STF, with (borg) weapons. The amount of (borg) procs would really make difference. Considering my 3 turrets on nebula do considerable dmg with rapid fire I on borgs.
Sadly, until they make a weapons balance pass, polaron procs are going to be fairly useless. This is why she said she knows they aren't very popular. They sure are pretty though .

Or for that matter, once they fix the tetryon proc, a build like this would be just...evil. And plasma? You'd be burning the entire match.

Yeah...I think I'm gonna try it when the Ambassador gets here. Probably with plasma.
Lt. Commander
# 25
the single cannons i assembeled are all phasers, so subsystems should be going haywire big time. might mount a forward quantom, i'll have the best chance to actually hit hull thanks to the proc
Lt. Commander
# 26 Tried it
Gave this a try and really enjoyed it. The single cannons up front really seemed to do the job. And that was without respec and with green items and no consoles. Very fun.
Lt. Commander
# 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluerockBeing04 View Post
Sadly, until they make a weapons balance pass, polaron procs are going to be fairly useless. This is why she said she knows they aren't very popular. They sure are pretty though .

Or for that matter, once they fix the tetryon proc, a build like this would be just...evil. And plasma? You'd be burning the entire match.

Yeah...I think I'm gonna try it when the Ambassador gets here. Probably with plasma.
I have been running a build similar to this for a while now. I use plasma and let me tell ya, ships catch fire a lot. Plus plasma is cheap on the exchange.
Lt. Commander
# 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by JojoTheIndianCircusBoy
I have been running a build similar to this for a while now. I use plasma and let me tell ya, ships catch fire a lot. Plus plasma is cheap on the exchange.
That's good news...I hope that they eventually make a balance pass for plasmas too, so that the burn will make a significant difference over time. I think I might buy some now while they're still cheap .
Lt. Commander
# 29
you can count on anything that is not phasers, disrupters and antiproton to be dirt cheap on the exchange.
Lt. Commander
# 30
Quote:
you can count on anything that is not phasers, disrupters and antiproton to be dirt cheap on the exchange.
Which is funny because just a few months ago, disruptors were the cheapest. Maybe I should just stockpile a bunch of tetryon/polaron/plasma beam arrays for when they get buffed, and then I can make zillions...