Lt. Commander
# 1 TOS constitution
06-09-2011, 11:00 AM
Just a question, or two.
The store says the blue phasers scale with your level, so how do they compare to the phasers you can buy at that level, and, about how far into the game does the consitution remain effective?
Lt. Commander
# 2
I believe they scale, however they are beaten by other gear esp. when you reach RA/VA level
Nitrous
Lt. Commander
# 3
At vice admiral level they put out more DPS than the Mk X gear. And are only slightly beaten by Mk XI gear in just raw DPS figures.

It takes MK XII to see a difference.

But obviously they're common grade items so don't have any modifiers on them.
Lt. Commander
# 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
But obviously they're common grade items so don't have any modifiers on them.
They have +2% crital chance
Lt. Commander
# 5 They scale
Yes they scale but only to ponit. Theyare good for leveling with..
Lt. Commander
# 6
Here is what i have learned so far about the TOS blue phaser arrays.

I decided to test the theory that they would be good for leveling up with on a new engineer i made a while back. i am now comander lvl 9ish i think, and have to say that using these has been quite beneficial. it saves me a TON of credits each rank not having to keep equipping the new ship each rank. not to mention that they work with beam: fire at will, useful for clearing out fighters/mines/targetable torps. what i have done with this toon, is each rank, doing the breen/romulan missions over again to keep the breen and reman shield up to current equipment level. this further reduces my equipment costs. I also do the mission for the transphasic torpedo to keep that up as well. in the rear, i use the transphasic cluster torpedo, which i dont have to repeat each rank, since it levels just like the blue phasers.

there might be higher DPS/lower skill cost weapons to use in place of these, but for leveling, since you usually outlevel the gear rather quickly, it works out much better. once you hit VA level, then its time to upgrade to purples. since i have been doing crafting, my hope is to be able to craft my own purples. i have been crafting and saving up alot of anomalies on all my toons.

to get more than 2 TOS phaser beam arrays, simply unequip them from the TOS ship, discard the ship, claim again, rinse, repeat till you have enough fore and aft arrays to get you up to VA level (usually 6-8 is max for this, 6 if you use torps fore and aft, 8 for a full beam boat).
Lt. Commander
# 7
Perfectly designed for PvE/Leveling.

Other then that...I probably wouldn't use them much, unless you really like the blue phaser effect.