Lt. Commander
# 1 Tier 6 Science Vessels
06-09-2011, 11:26 AM
Ok this has been bothering me for the longest time. I know that Cryptic is going to up the Ranks for the players to be Fleet Admirals. Also give us tier 6 ships, but what are they going to be like? Are they going to be big,small,lots of weapons what? So I was thinking like the tier 5 ships both are science vessels but one is more into tactical and the other one is more into engeneer. Why dont they something like that again only make it more to that type of ship lke its a Science Vessel but it has a good amount of fire power. And the other one be more of a Tank in a matter of speaking. I just want to get an idea of these ships. So tell me what ya think and we will see from there.
Lt. Commander
# 2
I'd say that it isn't really worth speculation. The ships probably won't be revealed until the level cap is actually raised - that could be around November/December. In any case, the T6 ships are almost certain to have: More weapon slots, higher hulls and more crewmen. They will likely have more BO stations of higher ranks. The ships' sizes will really only be known when they are revealed. I really wouldn't worry about it though; the level cap isn't set to be raised anytime soon. You really can't get an idea of the ships if they aren't released.
Lt. Commander
# 3 investigate more
the fact that you mentioned how one ship is for engineering and one is for tactical yet do not mention the science ships shows you only want to increase your ability to fire more weapons. science ship are capable of good fire power

there is the intrepid and the nebula. as admiral ships they are good enough and at the top of the science class in itself. suggest you invest some time in those ships if you want a high powered science ship. Sorry to say it but you really have not investigated these ships as they are very capable of good damage in there science roles.
Lt. Commander
# 4
I use my intrepid all the time and it works awesomely for me. My shields are at 15246 points. I may not have the best fire power but it does pack a punch.
Lt. Commander
# 5
I've been thinking about this as well, since we know level cap will be raised eventually.

Canon-wise, as far as I know, there's not really any more advanced starships than we already have. Cryptic is well within their ability to create new ships for the game, but I've also wondered what'll happen to all the Tier 5 ships we've bought with the C-Store and such. Will they suddenly be obsolete?

It occurred to me that it would be a perfect opportunity for Cryptic to implement an upgrade system for our ships. So we could add extra hull, shield generators, consoles, etc to up the tier of the ship we fly. People have been clamoring for this for a long time.
Lt. Commander
# 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillingMeSoftly
I've been thinking about this as well, since we know level cap will be raised eventually.

Canon-wise, as far as I know, there's not really any more advanced starships than we already have. Cryptic is well within their ability to create new ships for the game, but I've also wondered what'll happen to all the Tier 5 ships we've bought with the C-Store and such. Will they suddenly be obsolete?

It occurred to me that it would be a perfect opportunity for Cryptic to implement an upgrade system for our ships. So we could add extra hull, shield generators, consoles, etc to up the tier of the ship we fly. People have been clamoring for this for a long time.
I agree on the upgrade system. If suddenly all the precious (and quite expensive) c-store ships became obsolete, all hell would break lose. And think of all the people who wanted their favourite ship at max level. The cycle would begin anew...and...and... instead of T5 Connie threads there would be... T6 Connie threads.
Lt. Commander
# 7
Upgrade system sounds good, I'd like to keep using the Hope for as long as possible. I'll settle for a T6 Vesta-class though - advanced research testbed craft with Transwarp and Luna-grade sensors? Sounds like an ideal candidate to me
Lt. Commander
# 8
I'll say it a thousand times: I hope T6 isn't just our current ships +1.

I'm really wanting a new gameplay experience at T6 - that involves fleet vessels and team gameplay more.
Lt. Commander
# 9
If the "just" make T5 upgradeable, I really hope they add more skins :<
Lt. Commander
# 10
What makes you so sure there will be extra T6-Ships at all ?
Perhaps Cryptic will stick with current T5-Ships as they did with Rear Admiral Upper Half and Vice Admiral?
If you follow the current 'new Ship per Tier'-pattern we should have got Tier 6 ships with Vice Admiral already.

MfG Michael