Lt. Commander
# 1 Eject Warp Plasma
06-09-2011, 01:17 PM
Flying a cruiser and I have eject warp plasma 3. Sometimes it does 644 damage per pulse and other times it does over a 1000 (PVE).

I cant figure out what powers make it stronger. I have emergency power to weapons 1, plus using all the other standard power up for Engineer class and I cant figure it out. Anyone know? For a minute there I thought evasive manuvers was giving it the extra kick - but alas no.

Thoughts?

is 644 per pulse good? I am almost alwasy in assault mode.
Lt. Commander
# 2
I am a tactical officer, but fully specked into warp plasma i deal around 1400 or per pulse, however tactical abilities do affect it as far as i can tell(i have only tested captain tactical abilities). attack pattern alpha, go down fighting and focus fire, just tractor beam them long enough to fart on their little saucer shaped heads....
Lt. Commander
# 3
EWPIII is fantastic, the damage it does itself aside, it also mires the enemy in a fug of dirty warp waste meaning they're much easier to hit.
Lt. Commander
# 4
Ok

So I went and respeced my ENG character. I did full 9 into
Starship Engine Maintenance
Starship Engine Performace
Starship Engineering Training

I also speced more in other things for better shielding, hull heals and a bit more into
my dps for phasers and torps.

My healing now is better, as is my shields and I now have more hull. However as far as EWP it is actaull worse now. Instead of doing the normal 650 or so per pulse I was doing before, I am no doing 574. I was expecting way better perfomance. I understand I'm not a TAC, but this should have helped, or at the very least stayed the same. - what I am I doing wrong? What did I miss? I

Help?
Lt. Commander
# 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shkelton View Post
Ok

I also speced more in other things for better shielding, hull heals and a bit more into

My healing now is better, as is my shields and I now have more hull. However as far as EWP it is actaull worse now. Instead of doing the normal 650 or so per pulse I was doing before, I am no doing 574. I was expecting way better perfomance. I understand I'm not a TAC, but this should have helped, or at the very least stayed the same. - what I am I doing wrong? What did I miss? I

Help?
Did you target have any damage resistances on them?
Lt. Commander
# 6
Nope I did a private challange with a good friend. Had him just sit there. I however since then I tried it in PVE and it doing the same amount of damage as before.

So as END in a cruiser unless I get a TAC damage buff that's all it will do? Is there a better offensive ENG power to go after? Or should I just get more healing and now worry about it?
Lt. Commander
# 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shkelton View Post
Ok

Help?
Where did you take the points from? If you go to "contributes to" in the skills tab, and select Eject Warp Plasma, the skills that contribute to it will be highlighted with a yellow border.

Also, if you use a BO power like engineering team, it'll increase the effectiveness of some engineering powers, I think EWP may be among them.
Lt. Commander
# 8
Yup all the ones that come up in yellow I have 9s in.
Lt. Commander
# 9
Maybe you had hit Engineering Team or had Engineering Fleet active before? Those both +Starship Engineering Training and +Starship Warp Core Training components to them that will boost EWP.
Lt. Commander
# 10
You know, I read somewhere that EWP was boosted by engine power. I don't know if that's true or not though, haven't tested it myself.