Lt. Commander
# 1
06-09-2011, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by To3cutter View Post
Here is my current plan.

Points in research seem a waste but don't really need them for anywhere else, cannons might also be a waste as I don't think i'll use them, not sure if all phaser/torps will be too much power draw on the phasers, so that's a wait and see. If I load turrests in the back I'll probably switch pattern beta for canon rapid fire.

Plan to have two commander BO's that I'll swap in and out, first with Rift2/Matrix3 and the other with Matrix1/Rift3 I like rift a lot. Might also get a third with gravirty well 3.

Currenty at commander1 with this guy.
Move the RSV points into an efficiency skill or ground skill. Cannons are fine if you're running turrents, I think it's a good idea actually. I prefer running turrets in the back as opposed to arrays, if you use an EPS console you should be able to keep up.

I'm personally not a big fan of either Tyken's or Gravity Well. Both do terrible terrible damage and the damage is pretty much only useful for taking out mines/boarding party/I got lucky and I caught a plasma torp! Tyken's is okay if you're trying to lower their power but Gravity Well is just garbage. It does terrible damage and the gravity effect is easily overcome by anyone who has actually equipped an impulse engine. That being said, if you find that you like it enough to spend your 9 Admiral ranks in, go ahead and keep the points there.
Lt. Commander
# 2
Well here's mine:

http://sto-builder.binarybit.ch/inde...07_4-87-71-60-

My Comments before you tear it apart:

I run with weapons and shield high, aux and engines low
I use dual beam phasers (love the proc) and Photons (might switch to quantum, but they cost the same, so no big deal). No mines, phaser turrets in back instead.
I kind of focus more on damage (as a Sc/Sc, yes I know, not as good, but I have fun with it), but still want the ability to help "heal" if necessary (hence the abilities in the second science officer). On the ground, I am pretty much a pure healer, and have to say I love Nanite Health monitor, which is why I put so many points in it...

Speaking of that, the Nanite Treatment skill unlocks Nanite Health Monitor III... but does that do anything for group playing, or just when I'm soloing with my own officers? If it just helps while soloing, I might drop it down to 5 or 7 points, and put points into Starship Weapons System Performance, to help power my turrets in the back.

Comments/suggestions are welcome
Lt. Commander
# 3
Sardoc: The requested document was not found on this server.

Fix your link.
Lt. Commander
# 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiala View Post
Sardoc: The requested document was not found on this server.

Fix your link.
Copy and paste fail... my bad, fixed

And its here

Lt. Commander
# 5
Quote:
snip.
Thanks for the input.

I'm liking the multiple effects rift is currently giving me, when running max aux for sniffing BOP's out it does 50+ power drain and pulls them out of stealth. I also find dropping it on a target just before my high yield torps arrive has a good effect. Not tried gravity well yet, am only considering that as I'll have the ability to train it if I go for the full 9 for improving the rift.

The RSV points,, does taking the efficiency boxes improve aux/engine etc power or just derived skills?
Lt. Commander
# 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by To3cutter View Post
Thanks for the input.

I'm liking the multiple effects rift is currently giving me, when running max aux for sniffing BOP's out it does 50+ power drain and pulls them out of stealth. I also find dropping it on a target just before my high yield torps arrive has a good effect. Not tried gravity well yet, am only considering that as I'll have the ability to train it if I go for the full 9 for improving the rift.

The RSV points,, does taking the efficiency boxes improve aux/engine etc power or just derived skills?
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=101249
Lt. Commander
# 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardoc
Well here's mine:

I use dual beam phasers (love the proc) and Photons (might switch to quantum, but they cost the same, so no big deal). No mines, phaser turrets in back instead.
I kind of focus more on damage (as a Sc/Sc, yes I know, not as good, but I have fun with it), but still want the ability to help "heal" if necessary (hence the abilities in the second science officer). On the ground, I am pretty much a pure healer, and have to say I love Nanite Health monitor, which is why I put so many points in it...

Speaking of that, the Nanite Treatment skill unlocks Nanite Health Monitor III... but does that do anything for group playing, or just when I'm soloing with my own officers? If it just helps while soloing, I might drop it down to 5 or 7 points, and put points into Starship Weapons System Performance, to help power my turrets in the back.

Response copied from previous thread:

Unlocking Nanite Health Monitor III will only help in that you can train it to your BOs, but Nanite Treatment will boost your own Nanite ability assuming you have the kit equipped. You may want to go ahead and drop the points down though due to the diminishing returns, especially as limited as they are in T5.

Everything else looks fine seeing as how you said you're running a high weap/shield power build.

On second glance, you may want to replace Transfer Shield Strength with another ability. I'm not sure how effective it would be at lower aux power levels, and I generally prefer Science Team by far.
Lt. Commander
# 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardoc
Well here's mine:

Unlocking it only lets you teach your bridge officers. You need a better kit if you want to use III yourself.

I'm not a big fan of Transfer Shield Strength, especially since you have all 3 shield heal other skills. With your aux that low, your heals won't be that great. Your Extend Shield isn't that hot too. I suppose I'm just confused why you're gonna run a full DPS build but have so many heals.

Spreading your officer abilities along all the science paths is causing you to max all your points there at the detriment of other departments of your ship. If you feel this is how you'd like to play, then please disregard my comments, but being more focused would help your performance.
Lt. Commander
# 9
Quote:
Unlocking it only lets you teach your bridge officers. You need a better kit if you want to use III yourself.

I'm not a big fan of Transfer Shield Strength, especially since you have all 3 shield heal other skills. With your aux that low, your heals won't be that great. Your Extend Shield isn't that hot too. I suppose I'm just confused why you're gonna run a full DPS build but have so many heals.

Spreading your officer abilities along all the science paths is causing you to max all your points there at the detriment of other departments of your ship. If you feel this is how you'd like to play, then please disregard my comments, but being more focused would help your performance.
Ill probably end up dropping Nanite Treatment then...

Honestly, I was trying a hybrid for dps and healing, but you're probably right, should stick with one...

As for the spreading the science officer abilities, I was just thinking that if I dont spread them, they will be sharing cooldowns... I guess sharing cooldowns would allow points in other places, but at the cost of less options available at one time... so you would recommend sharing cooldowns on abilities, and maximize weaponry/power skills more?
Lt. Commander
# 10
Got a bit of a hybrid build going right now but when Respecs comes in, this is what I am thinking of doing for my final build
http://sto-builder.binarybit.ch/inde...7_4-62-53-106-

Loaded with dual beam banks up front with 1 trico torps and 1 quant (not sure how many weapon slots there are at last ship)
Turrets in the back