Lt. Commander
# 11 Science Spec Thread
06-09-2011, 12:36 PM
Might as well have one to discuss what we're looking for, etc.

Here's mine, which is pretty much anti anything the enemy can sent at me or my party
http://sto-builder.binarybit.ch/inde...07_4-87-48-97-
Lt. Commander
# 12
Scientist Build

Lieutenant
Engineering Team Leader - 3 Bars
Science Team Leader - 9 Bars
Tactical Team Leader - 5 Bar
Starship Command - 9 Bars
Starship Energy Weapons Training - 9 Bars
Starship Projectiles Weapons Training - 9 Bars
Starship Engineering Training - 9 Bars
Starship Warp Core Training - 9 Bars
Starship Operations Training - 9 Bars
Scientific Theory - 9 Bars

Lieutenant Commander
Science Vessel Captain - 9 Bars
Starship Beam Weapons - 9 Bars
Starship Torpedo Weapons - 9 Bars
Starship Aux. Systems Maint. - 9 Bars
Starship Shield Maintenance - 9 Bars
Starship Sensors - 9 Bars
Scientist - 9 Bars

Commander
Research Science Vessel Captain - 9 Bars
Starship Phaser Weapons - 9 Bars
Starship Photon Projectiles - 9 Bars
Starship Aux. Systems Efficiency - 9 Bars
Starship Shield Efficiency - 9 Bars
Starship Tractor Beam - 9 Bars
Xenobioloy - 9 Bars

Captain
Long Range Science Vessel Captain - 9 Bars
Starship Transphasic Projectiles - 6 Bars
Starship Sensor Probes - 9 Bars
Radiology - 9 Bars

Admiral
Deep Space Science Vessel Captain - 6 Bars
Quantum Mechanics - 9 Bars
Spatial Anomaly - 1 Bar

Total Spent = 60700 / 60700
Lt. Commander
# 13
I really hope we can respec soon. I already made the mistake of upgrading both my healing and attack skills thinking that it would improve all science officers and not just myself. I have essentially wasted 9 skill points because I don't plan on using any healing science skills myself.
Lt. Commander
# 14
CajunAndorian--

The points you've spent in your commander and captain for the science vessals are currently wasted as they supposedly only affect the commander and captain vessals only and don't carry over to all science vessals. I would imagine that may change in the future but for the time being they are worthless once you've moved on the the admiral level science vessal.
Lt. Commander
# 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling
http://tinyurl.com/yatb5wh

Heres mine... or what I was thinking. Suggestions, thoughts? Also the builder doesnt like the current Firefox, so you have use Internet Exploder.
Drop Research Science Vessel and Long Range Science Vessel. You won't need them in your T5 ship. Either choose the Destiny or Luna and maximise your potential in that, don't divide your points between them. Same for phasers and disruptors. Either take one or the other, don't split your points in both.

Max Engineering, Warp Core and Operations training. Decide if you're going to heal or expose on ground, don't try to do both.

Post your bridge officer skills for a more detailed analysis, but you don't need Subsystem or Hull repair. Try using the other builder, that lets you pick officer skills as well.
Lt. Commander
# 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by tevekind View Post
Would it outweigh running with multiple beams on your aft section and firing at the enemy with your side?
If you run rear turrets and fore dual beam banks with a torp you can do far more than running rear and fore arrays and turning to broadside then torp. Proper use of cooldowns and disables makes your shield arcs less of an issue. If you're taking on 5 members of the other team solo in PvP, having arrays so you can turn is really going to be a moot point after they focus you to death.
Lt. Commander
# 17
Here is my current plan.

Points in research seem a waste but don't really need them for anywhere else, cannons might also be a waste as I don't think i'll use them, not sure if all phaser/torps will be too much power draw on the phasers, so that's a wait and see. If I load turrests in the back I'll probably switch pattern beta for canon rapid fire.

Plan to have two commander BO's that I'll swap in and out, first with Rift2/Matrix3 and the other with Matrix1/Rift3 I like rift a lot. Might also get a third with gravirty well 3.

Currenty at commander1 with this guy.
Lt. Commander
# 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiala View Post
Server Crashes are clearly the best way to make me stop actually playing and come post on the forum.

You don't need Science Team II and III, get rid of one. I don't really think Subsystem repair is all that great in Science, Engi Team I can heal for 7k without it. Same thing for Hull repair. If you're flying a DSSV especially you should be trying to avoid getting into hull.
all teams are on a 20 sec shared cd, right? I was thinking for group **** it would be nice to have a science team available every 20. I think the heal came because of some other ability I had... Don't remember offhand. Currently considering dropping tact team and eng team (unless you still advise only 1 sci team)
Lt. Commander
# 19
Here's what I've been kicking around. I'm not sure what is as useful but I'm aimed at space combat. Comments with suggestions and reasons please:

http://sto-builder.binarybit.ch/inde...07_4-87-88-60-
Lt. Commander
# 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by zugstum
Here's what I've been kicking around. I'm not sure what is as useful but I'm aimed at space combat. Comments with suggestions and reasons please:

http://sto-builder.binarybit.ch/inde...07_4-87-88-60-
Wow okay, where to start... How about just a list?

Skills you took that don't help your build at all:

Starship Engineering Training
Starship Auxiliary Systems Maintenance
Starship Auxiliary Systems Efficiency (assuming you're running high aux power)
Starship Subsystem Repair
Starship Deflector Dish
Starship Hazard System
Astrometrics

Skills you didn't take that would help:

Engineering Team Leader (to improve Engineering Team)
Science Team Leader (to improve Science Team)
Starship Tractor Beam (to improve Tractor Beam Repulsors)
Starship Emitters (Tractor Beam Repulsors again)

Overlapping abilities:

Emergency Power to Shields I and II
Transfer Shield Strength I and II
Science Team III

You really don't need 5 different shield heals.