Lt. Commander
# 301
06-09-2011, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arua
Lol after re-reading the mass of text I'm not quite sure. To be honest I'm a little tired so I just looked at what he set for the builder. He either doesn't understand how the BO's work or he doens't know what to choose or he's refering to extra BO's which he can swap with depending on the situation.

At some point I need to setup a PvP Science BO for myself but can't be bothered to waste the points / merits so going to wait till I get my next ship before I do that.
As I did. Every new ship -> new BO-Skills. To Trian, i guess he thought that you have so much BOs. 1 Cm, 2 LC and so on.

Besides, I am not tired anymore^^ its 5 p.m. here and i had some sleep.
Lt. Commander
# 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquesDeMolay
As I did. Every new ship -> new BO-Skills. To Trian, i guess he thought that you have so much BOs. 1 Cm, 2 LC and so on.

Besides, I am not tired anymore^^ its 5 p.m. here and i had some sleep.
Yes, I was setting up different officers for different situations. I really don't do the ground game and if I do I will try to do it in groups so I can heal and if I focus there I willl not need a lot of those other skills. I figured it would be better to have numerous officers ready to go for different problems. Also if I need to use those officers I would like their skills to be enhanced. Maybe it isn't the thing to do, but I don't really see any other use for those skill points.

My only question is I am not sure how many total BOs I can carry at max level.
Lt. Commander
# 303
At Rear Admiral 5 you can have 10 BOs.
Lt. Commander
# 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquesDeMolay
What the hell are you doing Ok, lets start. You waste soooo much skillpoints in your Starship Operations Tree. First, you should decide how you want to play. Healer or Jammer. Both at the same time is difficult. You dont have enough skillpoints to do so. If you want to heal, forget skills with "Sensor" in its name. If you want to Jam targets, prefer "Sensor"-Skills.
I am not really sure what you mean. As far as playing healer that means:
Emergency power to shields (for me)
Reverse shield polarity (for PvP)
Hazzard emitters
Transfer shield strength
Science team

For debuff/lockdown I have:
Tykens rift
Viral matrix
Jam sensors
Sensor scan
Tachyon beam

and of course Photonic fleet.

I have my skill points fully supporting these activities. This should give me good survivability, the ability to heal and shield others and some wicked lockdown/debuffs for my target. I spend 9 points in every catagory that affects these abilities. Where are the wasted points? I would also rather have my admiral points buff 2 skill sets and my prefered ship than just 2 skill sets. Are you suggesting I put them into ground skills instead? No thanks, that is what you train a set of bridge officers to do.

My build also allows me to swap in things I might like such as Photonic officer, Scramble sensors or Tractor beam. I dont see any wasted points personally other than Scientific Theory which I put points into before I learned about the game.
Lt. Commander
# 305
This is my first idea for a build

http://tinyurl.com/ygjq9jr

Going for mainly battle control (make the targets shoot each other for a fair while and then shut them down) and a bit of support/survivability layout idea. Although it probably needs some tweaking.
Lt. Commander
# 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvyWolf View Post
This is my first idea for a build

http://tinyurl.com/ygjq9jr

Going for mainly battle control (make the targets shoot each other for a fair while and then shut them down) and a bit of support/survivability layout idea. Although it probably needs some tweaking.
Well I am assuming you are PvE oriented since few in PvP would have issues with Scramble Sensors. And if you are PvE, not sure you need so many repair BO skills (Science Team), Hazard Emitters, etc. Pve isn't that hard. Course who knows what is coming down the pike for end game PvE raiding.

You should make sure you have all 14 points in T5 skills. You right now only have 11. And only helps hazard emitters ... seems like a waste for T5 points.

My usual warning about spending points in Efficiency skills. They only help when the power setting for that skill is low. So do you really run Aux, Weapons and Shields all below 50?

Got to admit, this is a very off-the-beaten path build.
Lt. Commander
# 307 My 2 energy creds
http://sto-builder.binarybit.ch/index.php?s=1_5565c9i5d95f30505e205645545555995030 9555999505r66055c5606c3o_4_0-29-13--_1-35-40--_2-42---_3-47-61-49-107_4-55-96-60-

Trying for control/support. I want to do both pvp and pve, so aiming for a range of both space and ground benefit.
Lt. Commander
# 308
http://sto-builder.binarybit.ch/inde...07_4-47-61-97-

any suggestions/criticism would be appreciated

i was also thinking of putting in gravity well III in place of viral matrix III and then move the 7 points from "starship hull repair" into "Spatial Anomaly". should i do that?
Lt. Commander
# 309
Opps sorry =D
http://sto-builder.binarybit.ch/inde...-107_4-70--97-
Basically a some healing, some crowd control and emphasis on damage. I did some goofs early in my career and this sort of reflects that. I am at Commander 3 so far. The only thing I am not sure if not doing any in research science vessel (haven't put any in it yet so far w/ no problems) I am hoping to get out of Commander quick.. and I normally run shields at a bit under 50 or at 50.. engines normally at 30 or so w/ combat impulse engines.. was wondering if I should use engine efficiency instead of shield.. I went shield because of some of my shield engineering skills.
Lt. Commander
# 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phelix View Post
Hmm I had science team II an Hazard emitters I. Well here it is w/ the other slot I missed and slight change in the tactical section.

http://sto-builder.binarybit.ch/inde...-107_4-70--97-

I am trying to focus on deflectors, probes and some photonic fleet in operations. Focus in engineering is shields. I am looking to have a most of my focus in cc, and even spread of heals and damage for rest. Is there some synergy I am missing? Or am I trying to much.
You forgot to move the points elsewhere from long range science vessel and engineering team leader as Ghartan told you.

I think it's fairly balanced Phelix so I wouldn't worry too much. You could maybe put some points onto Deflector Field as that boosts your science team and (if your a science captain) damping field. If you really want more healing then you could get engineering team but I think you need the emergency power to weapons more - I'm not sure as I've nvr tested it. Oh and btw: Deflector Dish doesn't boost up Tyken Rift as that 3rd ability is spiral anolmlies - but it will boost up subnulcar beam (if your a science captain).