Lt. Commander
# 311
06-09-2011, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phelix View Post
Opps sorry =D
http://sto-builder.binarybit.ch/inde...-107_4-70--97-
Basically a some healing, some crowd control and emphasis on damage. I did some goofs early in my career and this sort of reflects that. I am at Commander 3 so far. The only thing I am not sure if not doing any in research science vessel (haven't put any in it yet so far w/ no problems) I am hoping to get out of Commander quick.. and I normally run shields at a bit under 50 or at 50.. engines normally at 30 or so w/ combat impulse engines.. was wondering if I should use engine efficiency instead of shield.. I went shield because of some of my shield engineering skills.
Thanks for setting the BO skills ... although ye did miss one

Anyway ...drop long range science vessel as those points only work for that tier and once you reach admiral, they are wasted. At least with the way things are now.

Not sure why the points in Engineering Team (or is that some of the mis-used points you were talking about).

Weapon skills look very traditional.

I also run my shield low and the Efficiency points really do help. Not sure about the Starship Weapons Performance though (T5). Heard the actual boost is meh but not really used it myself so check with others before spending valuable T5 points there. Perhaps move to Spacial Anomoly (would be good to get the to 9 for the Tykens Rift III since low Tykens ranks are meh).

Finally ... you are very lacking in Shield and Hull repair (no Hazard Emitters, no Science Team, no Engineering Team) ... that is going to hurt if you will pardon the pun
Lt. Commander
# 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilias View Post
http://sto-builder.binarybit.ch/inde...07_4-47-61-97-

any suggestions/criticism would be appreciated

i was also thinking of putting in gravity well III in place of viral matrix III and then move the 7 points from "starship hull repair" into "Spatial Anomaly". should i do that?
Good set of BO skills ... especially for PvE.

Drop Research Vessel points as again, those points only help when flying that vessel so they would be wasted as soon as you hit T4.

Weapon points are okay ...

Drop subsystem repair and hull repair ... very weak effects so best to put those points elsewhere like Space Anomaly. And I am assuming you are running your shield low power for the Efficiency boost. That is what I do, and it works well.

Not sure why the points in Starship Sensor Array.
Lt. Commander
# 313
I put the hull repair points into spatial anomaly.
if i drop subsystem repair and research vessel points i dont see any usefull place i could put them, any suggestions?
and i have starship sensor array for jam sensors

also should i keep viral matrix III or get gravity well III?
Lt. Commander
# 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsidecastle View Post
I am not really sure what you mean. As far as playing healer that means:
Emergency power to shields (for me)
Reverse shield polarity (for PvP)
Hazzard emitters
Transfer shield strength
Science team

For debuff/lockdown I have:
Tykens rift
Viral matrix
Jam sensors
Sensor scan
Tachyon beam

and of course Photonic fleet.

I have my skill points fully supporting these activities. This should give me good survivability, the ability to heal and shield others and some wicked lockdown/debuffs for my target. I spend 9 points in every catagory that affects these abilities. Where are the wasted points? I would also rather have my admiral points buff 2 skill sets and my prefered ship than just 2 skill sets. Are you suggesting I put them into ground skills instead? No thanks, that is what you train a set of bridge officers to do.

My build also allows me to swap in things I might like such as Photonic officer, Scramble sensors or Tractor beam. I dont see any wasted points personally other than Scientific Theory which I put points into before I learned about the game.
Care to post your build? My build will be somewhat similar. I'm just curious as to how you went about it.
Lt. Commander
# 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghartan
Thanks for setting the BO skills ... although ye did miss one

Anyway ...drop long range science vessel as those points only work for that tier and once you reach admiral, they are wasted. At least with the way things are now.

Not sure why the points in Engineering Team (or is that some of the mis-used points you were talking about).

Weapon skills look very traditional.

I also run my shield low and the Efficiency points really do help. Not sure about the Starship Weapons Performance though (T5). Heard the actual boost is meh but not really used it myself so check with others before spending valuable T5 points there. Perhaps move to Spacial Anomoly (would be good to get the to 9 for the Tykens Rift III since low Tykens ranks are meh).

Finally ... you are very lacking in Shield and Hull repair (no Hazard Emitters, no Science Team, no Engineering Team) ... that is going to hurt if you will pardon the pun
Hmm I had science team II an Hazard emitters I. Well here it is w/ the other slot I missed and slight change in the tactical section.

http://sto-builder.binarybit.ch/inde...-107_4-70--97-

I am trying to focus on deflectors, probes and some photonic fleet in operations. Focus in engineering is shields. I am looking to have a most of my focus in cc, and even spread of heals and damage for rest. Is there some synergy I am missing? Or am I trying to much.
Lt. Commander
# 316
Here's mine so far, I'm Admiral 1. Quite a few skill points wasted which I obviously can't fix with no respec. BO abilities probably aren't set up very efficiently. Just looking for any advice

http://sto-builder.binarybit.ch/inde..._4-55-63-99-@0
Lt. Commander
# 317
Okay.. here is where I am now..
http://sto-builder.binarybit.ch/inde...-97-_3-70---@0

Where should I go from here.. I am looking to focus on jamming with some healing and a bit of DPS (mainly HYT and max phaser and quantum) which I already have. I have like 1500 unspent because not sure where to go from here based on what I see here..
Lt. Commander
# 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilias View Post
I put the hull repair points into spatial anomaly.
if i drop subsystem repair and research vessel points i dont see any usefull place i could put them, any suggestions?
and i have starship sensor array for jam sensors

also should i keep viral matrix III or get gravity well III?
Gravity Well at the moment is useless. Tyken Rift is actally better at doing Gravity Well's job of slowing the Gravity Well. Stick with Viral Matrix - is a very worth wide skill.

Use the points from subsystem repair and research vessel on the other effenciencys or skill up some more starship operations if you want the option to use different BOs for different situations. Whist neither way is prefect - they'll better spent then what you have at the moment.
Lt. Commander
# 319
Hello all,

I just made Lt. Commander and wanted to post my build to see if I'm headed in the right direction. Right now I only have one Science Officer, and I made the mistake of promoting my Tac Officer, and one of my engineers to Lt. I plan on recruiting another Science Office, just wondering what I should look for. Any suggestions are welcome.

Here's my build thus far:

http://sto-builder.binarybit.ch/inde...-58---_3----@0
Lt. Commander
# 320
Parka -
I'd fly that build and its damn close to what I use (minus a few mis spent points here and there myself ) tykens III vs viral III is a tough call and I'm honestly not sure which way I'd go. Don't be too worried about the viral/science team change there are still alot of people that don't fly with science team, and sometimes science team gets resisted and viral stay in effect. Its no longer a guaranteed kill but still damn effective
BO - the main draw back is that it drops your weapons power to 0 if you equip at least one if not 2 eps regulators you'll barely notice the drop and getting and instant hit for 4-10k can catch people by surprise. Its good for dropping shields before your first torps hit, or finishing off a kill before they have the chance to repair.
MES - I'm not a big fan either and don't personally use it but I've heard good results from others
Engineering training - I don't have a list of all of the skils it effects but with it being a teir I ability it pretty much effects everything in the engineering tree
Reverse shield vs extend shield - I notice you picked up extend I applaud you its a fantastic skill and me and a buddy of mine that both use it on each other have zoned into match where the score was 0/11 and the match ended at 15/12, this has happened several times. I attribute it to use buffing each other with this one skil... but if you're not in a duo or in a group thats not working together keep a copy of reverse handy.

To anyone else looking for a cookie cutter PvP build start with parka's and tweak it to you're likeing. But if you follow this build exactly you can't go wrong.

Ps what do you think of the croniton mines? I love em personally but I don;t hear a lot of other people talking about em.