Lt. Commander
# 371
06-09-2011, 01:36 PM
what do you think about that:
http://quutar.110mb.com/stoplanner/S...00000005000989

BOP, only canonspecc for all Weapon-DMG-Types... when i got disruptor-dmg, i got personaly problems do use other weapons

Ground include Doctor.

All new Skills 9 (Problems are as Klingon Science i need more PEWPEW in BOP)

Admiralpoints: 5 T5-BOP / 5 Aux Performance / 5 Weapon Performance... so i can switch tactical slots and be good in alle performance skills.

Science Skills: Optimazed on my playtype... as klingone i dont need tractor beam vs stealth

T4-Performance Skills maxed... why? i can konfigurate bether the Energylvl and bring up the AUX or WP without use more Admiral Points
Lt. Commander
# 372
Thanks Cheeseus, like I said power mgt is an area I am still trying to get a grasp on. I will look into running at those different power levels. I hope you have time to look at my link to see if my points in efficiency's are spent wisely.
Lt. Commander
# 373
Edit: @Temiel

I'd pick a weapon type and stack it (and divert some points to boost it). I don't remember exactly what +30 to weapons does (the console), but I think I napkin mathed that +30 to a specific weapon > 10 weapon energy, so it could be argued that the 5 in weapon performance could be spent in disruptors, for example, maxing that (for 52) and leaving you with 700 extra points.

I wouldn't advocate doing that exactly, just pointing out that it might be worth your while to choose something and divert some points from your 9/9 to get that free dmg.

Also, I expect 1 get out of jail card from you, to be redeemed in pvp for this advice.

Edit: It might be 30 to a weapon > 5 energy. I can't remember what I tinkered my settings with, as it's been a while since I've done it. Regardless, we'd expect roughly 5 points in weapon power levels for 5/9 and the +52 for a maxed out weapon would definitely trump that (for my argument's sake)
Lt. Commander
# 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bovinity
Thanks Cheeseus, like I said power mgt is an area I am still trying to get a grasp on. I will look into running at those different power levels. I hope you have time to look at my link to see if my points in efficiency's are spent wisely.
I still can't tinyurl at work, unfortunately. I also wouldn't claim to be an expert, but I can try and see what I'd do in your shoes if you could change your linking format to something that complies with my work.

Edit: Tinyurl, not tinylink.
Lt. Commander
# 375
Lt. Commander
# 376
I don't know what my work's doing to me, but the java which worked weeks ago no longer works, and unfortunately for us all, I don't have the ambition to try and screw with corporate internets (they seem to take it seriously).

I get off work in an hour. I'll try to remember to take a peek, though it's astounding what I can forget in the 7 min drive home =/

Sorry I, again, cannot be helpful. It's not deliberate.
Lt. Commander
# 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeseus View Post
Sciteam 3 takes the third slot, not fourth. +%to resist is a waste imo. I'll assume that's an eng slot and that you're riding a DSRV or whatever, at which point I'd suggest +6 to aux or weapons or something.

Can't look at java at work, so cannot help you further.
You're correct about the engi slot and DSRV. The sci team takes up slot 3 but can be used in cmdr slot right? So either way it doesn't really matter, I'd assume?
Lt. Commander
# 378
I haven't seen an option to make it anything but the third slot. Not that I looked *too* hard, but I did try to investigate it slightly, and didn't come up with a way to do such.
Lt. Commander
# 379
Ok so my character copied quite quick so I added specs D, E and F. I am taking the hull repair rate out as it was coming back as 60% on all retests and differences would be down to points allocated in some other skills. I am also removing the turn rate and speed as I can't be sure of the exact set up in both copies, the minimal changes to these can be seen in the above post though and were using the same copy.

Points in................................................ ............A......B......C......D......E......F

Starship Command........................................... .9......0......9......9.......0......9
Science Vessel Captain.....................................9..... 0......9......0.......0......9
Research Science Vessel Captain.....................9......0......0......0 ......0......9
Long Range Science Vessel Captain.................9......0......0......0.... ..0......0
Reconnaissance Science Vessel Captain..........9......0......9......9.......9... ..9

Spec.......Hull...................Points........% Hull size over base...Points per 1%
A...........32,358.................13,500......... .......19.85.............................680
B...........27,000..........................0..... ..................0..............................N/A
C...........31,252...................7,200........ ........15.75.............................457
D...........29,976...................5,400........ ........11.02.............................490
E...........29,211...................4,500........ ..........8.18.............................550
F...........31,805...................9,900........ ........17.80.............................556

I would hazard a guess that if you wanted to take advantage of any of the mid tier columns then skilling them to the 4th or 5th of the 9 on each may me the most economical as there is huge diminishing returns on them.
(edit ..to this last comment, that benefit isn't really there.)
Lt. Commander
# 380
If you're interested, here are some numbers that mix in the new skills:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...ls#post2383683

Quoted below for ease of reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasGideon
No pilot skills, no tactic skills:

Turn Rate: 8.0 deg/sec

Max Speed: 18.24

Bonus Defense: 30.6%

Hull: 39000

-------------------------------------

Starship Command/Cruiser Captain, no tactic skills (skills I currently have in live):

Turn Rate: 8.3 deg/sec

Max Speed: 19.69

Bonus Defense: 34.2%

Hull: 41948

All Cruiser Pilot Skills, no tactic skills:

Turn Rate: 8.9 deg/sec

Max Speed: 22.03

Bonus Defense: 40.1%

Hull: 46739

No Pilot Skills, all tactic skills:

Turn Rate: 8.4 deg/sec

Max Speed: 18.27

Bonus Defense: 45.7%

Hull: 39000

Starship Command/Cruiser Captain, all tactic skills (modification of my current live build):

Turn Rate: 8.8 deg/sec

Max Speed: 19.69

Bonus Defense: 49.2%

Hull: 41948

Starship Command/Cruiser Captain/Assault Cruiser Captain, all tactic skills:

Turn Rate: 9.2 deg/sec

Max Speed: 21.25

Bonus Defense: 53.1%

Hull: 45142

All Cruiser Pilot and tactic skills trained:

Turn Rate: 9.4 deg/sec

Max Speed: 22.03

Bonus Defense: 55.1%

Hull: 46739

The tactic skills also give you:

15% total to hit bonus, up from 0.0%.

Total of 5.5% crit hit chance (before talents), up from 2.5% base.

80% total crit severity bonus (before talents), up from 50%.

10% (diminishing returns immediately cuts to 9.1%) resist to all damage types (so small as to be pointless, frankly).

Fairly large bonus to several Attributes in each Attack Pattern skill. However, not ALL attributes in each Attack Pattern are affected.
In short, it isn't just that the intermediate pilot skills are a bad buy on their own merits; the new skills provide similar if not superior bonuses (when they coincide), along with other, arguably more useful bonuses -- and they help you in any ship.

Which isn't to say that the pilot skills are completely worthless. I would personally consider them more valuable in a cruiser, because cruisers need all the turn rate they can get, and they have higher initial hull numbers to augment.

As of right now, though, I wouldn't recommend buying any more than the first two Science pilot skills. The fifth-tier skill would be nice to have, but there are just too few points available at that tier, and too many other interesting things to buy. (Weapon Performance, Aux Performance, even Hull Repair if you wanna use Engineering Team -- which, given the late-game emphasis on Borg and the upcoming adjustments to Viral Matrix, is a good idea.)

Your mileage may vary.