Lt. Commander
# 401
06-09-2011, 01:36 PM
I was wondering if anyone would mind critiquing mt spec?

spec link

I really like the Nanites but i was wondering if putting points in Ground skills is even worth it?
Lt. Commander
# 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tauriell
I really like the Nanites but i was wondering if putting points in Ground skills is even worth it?
No, especially not admiral points.
I'll try to review some specs tomorrow
Lt. Commander
# 403
I'd love some feedback on my build if anyone has the time:

http://tinyurl.com/yg29hfb

Character:
Alien, Astrophysicist, Efficient Captain, Techie, Warp Theorist.

BOs:

Tac: Torp HYI, Beam Overload I & II

Engineer: Emergency Pwr Shields I, Reverse Shiledl Polarity I

Science: Jam I, Polarize I, Hazard Emit II, Viral I, Tyken III, Science Team II, Feedback III
Lt. Commander
# 404
Im not a professional so I think i hear the meaning of the Pros here bevor i respec!

http://sto-builder.binarybit.ch/inde..._4-27-61-60-@0

Thanks!!!!

P.S: Im not sure with the Ground-Skills. Is it worth to spent more?
Lt. Commander
# 405
didn't you guys that from now on 25% of a ship skill (lets say Lang Range Sience Vessel) goes to a higher tier ship skill

Example LRSV 9/9 add 25% to any RA sience ship skills
Lt. Commander
# 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningPrimo View Post
didn't you guys that from now on 25% of a ship skill (lets say Lang Range Sience Vessel) goes to a higher tier ship skill

Example LRSV 9/9 add 25% to any RA sience ship skills
Scroll to the top of this very page for information on what 25% is really giving you.

As for critiquing: I'm not claiming I'm a pro, but it's going to be hard to give my opinion[s] for the next little while. Between work and trying to get a national conference organized, (and an alt "cough"], my time is rather limited. If I don't pass out tonight after work I'll try and do up a bunch of these.
Lt. Commander
# 407 Nice Build indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling
http://tinyurl.com/yatb5wh

Heres mine... or what I was thinking. Suggestions, thoughts? Also the builder doesnt like the current Firefox, so you have use Internet Exploder.

Hello Aisling,
I am test driving your suggested build and I am quite happy with it, my former build allowed me to stay alive forever, but my DPS was pretty bad, yours seems to be a very nice dps build, while preserving shields, too, thanks for posting it.

Now I just need to find out, how to fight in attack mode, instead of defensive, it seems that my enemies cut way too fast through my shields if I pick anything else.
Lt. Commander
# 408
Just go attack mode. All defense does is gives you more shield regen, which is every 6 seconds, so any sense of people cutting through your shields will be basically the same regardless of your power level[s].
Lt. Commander
# 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeseus View Post
No, especially not admiral points.
I'll try to review some specs tomorrow
I think this is a bit extreme - in a space-centric DPS build, sure. Otherwise really it depends on what you are doing.

Molecular Chemistry and Quantum Mechanics buff some very nice ground abilities.

Nanites also buff two very strong abilities, but the Health Monitor apparently only gets its duration extended, which I think is not very useful (I think the number of applications, not the expiration of the buff, is what limits the skill). Disappointing, since I love the ability, but unless something besides the time duration increases it's not worth it.

I don't think the Operations skills at T5 are really that great, so that leaves pilot skills or Weapon/Aux Performance. The latter two are definitely strong, but in the end they are power levels (i.e. you can adjust them on the fly).
Lt. Commander
# 410
How does this look for a Sci Officer build?

I'm really focusing mostly on the space skills, as I prefer the space aspect of the game.

http://sto-builder.binarybit.ch/inde..._4-27-71-60-@0