Lt. Commander
# 41
06-09-2011, 01:36 PM
This is where I am at, Cmmdr 7.

I run at ~25w ~50s ~25e ~100a, don't know the values off the top of my head. I have a dual plasma beam, photon torp, and quantum torp up front and plasma mine and turret in back. My strat is tachyon the shields, target shield systems, then hi impact and maybe debuff/brace for impact/ramming speed.

This is as far as I went in beta, any suggestions on skills that will compliment this style t4/t5?
Lt. Commander
# 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMJB View Post
Got a bit of a hybrid build going right now but when Respecs comes in, this is what I am thinking of doing for my final build
http://sto-builder.binarybit.ch/inde...7_4-62-53-106-

Loaded with dual beam banks up front with 1 trico torps and 1 quant (not sure how many weapon slots there are at last ship)
Turrets in the back
Suricata's Ship Tier Chart is a great resource to compare ships.

As for your skill build two things stand out to me... First is that you're running 3 sensor array abilities and 3 sensor probe abilities. Keep in mind that there's a shared cooldown of 20 seconds between any abilities using the same system, so you're not going to be able to use all those abilities at the same time.

Second, you have all of the efficiency skills maxed. While not a bad thing in and of itself, keep in mind that that's only helpful for whatever subsystems you have set at low power levels. Above power settings of 60 or so, efficiency has almost no effect. See the table in this System Power Guide and decide if it's worth it to you.
Lt. Commander
# 43
Just a heads up before I look over your build HMJB, consoles no longer stack as of the last patch. No more stacking EPS to feed beams.

Edit: Okay, now that I took a quick glance...

I would move those Engine Performance points into Shield Performance instead, seeing as you have no engine abilities and performance is the one power stat that helps even at higher power levels.

Obviously Photonic Theory isn't helping you at all there, but as you said you just picked at random to fill in points. Unless one of the T5 science abilities jumps out at you as something you really want to use, I'd move those skill points into some combination of your T5 ship captain skill and the other performance skills.

Edit2: Well all that still applies to the new build you posted, but one more thing with the new one... You're using Tachyon Beam III and 0 in Deflector Dish?
Lt. Commander
# 44
Speaking of specs, I hope once they do enable respec they allow us to have two feat builds we can swap between. I have two different builds in mind for different situations.
Lt. Commander
# 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeyan
Just a heads up before I look over your build HMJB, consoles no longer stack as of the last patch. No more stacking EPS to feed beams.
I saw that, it seems alot of things dont stack anymore, bug maybe?
Lt. Commander
# 46
can you tell me what you think of my build?

http://sto-builder.binarybit.ch/inde...07_4-62-28-60-

may change phaser weapons to cannon weapons and use any leftover points in a spot or two of aux eff. and eng eff. but not sure how much they would help.

Also, i heard after tier 5 on skills, the return doesnt really reflect the points spent, so should i take nanites treatment and physiology down to 5 and place them elsewhere?
Lt. Commander
# 47
Lt. Commander
# 48 Cookie Cutter Spec
I'm very new to this, and frankly overwhelmed. Can someone provide a general cookie cutter Science spec, and/or a little general advise? Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjarista
I'm very new to this, and frankly overwhelmed. Can someone provide a general cookie cutter Science spec, and/or a little general advise? Thanks.
Me too.. Im just throwing stuff out there as ideas and taking notes when corrected =)
Lt. Commander
# 50
http://sto-builder.binarybit.ch/inde...--_3----_4----

This is mine built completely for space.

It doesn't 9 many sci skills and the lack of tractor skill may be a weakness, my general idea was to try for something with versatility in case of nerfs and no respec and rely on found boffs for getting lvl3 skills, dunno how viable that is, not sure which t5 ship to go for but I'll play about with them.

Still wondering over broadsiding arrays vs banks and turrets, but with the narrow arc of a lot of sci powers banks+turrets seem like they'd fit in, high efficiencies because I switch around power settings a lot and still fiddling.

Wondering about shield perf vs the hull one at captain tho.