Lt. Commander
# 51
06-09-2011, 01:36 PM
ok here is my build.

http://sto-builder.binarybit.ch/inde...07_4-27-71-60-

I will be getting the Mark III skills in the lt comdr sections and higher...unfortunantly the site isn't showing it to be a selectable option for me, and also a few skills are missing. [I might get photonic fleet at admiral level]
Lt. Commander
# 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velius
ok here is my build.

http://sto-builder.binarybit.ch/inde...07_4-27-71-60-

I will be getting the Mark III skills in the lt comdr sections and higher...unfortunantly the site isn't showing it to be a selectable option for me, and also a few skills are missing. [I might get photonic fleet at admiral level]
Photonic Fleet is a science captain ability you get at captain 8, not a BO ability.

It seems like you're going for a very generalized approach instead of picking one particular path, especially in the operations section. I do think you're using a nice variety of abilities with little overlapping so you can use almost all of them without hitting shared cooldowns, but that leaves you rather thin in other areas.

For example, weapons skills. At the bare minimum you should have one weapon type maxed. I'd recommend a beam weapon if you're going with a high weapon power build or a torpedo if you're going with a low weapon power build.
Lt. Commander
# 53
Alright I'm back an...

Oh, someone covered it. Back to watching TV.

PS Taeyan you're making me look bad for not posting during downtime and watching TV instead.
Lt. Commander
# 54
Haha sorry Kiala.

I love these new subforums though, nice to get away from the spammy academy and discussion topics. You can actually find info or a topic on something specific without having to dig through hundreds of threads and having every post buried under 3 or 4 pages within minutes.

Edit: By the way, what happened to that cookie cutter build you promised on page 1? I'd like to see it.
Lt. Commander
# 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeyan
Suricata's Ship Tier Chart is a great resource to compare ships.

As for your skill build two things stand out to me... First is that you're running 3 sensor array abilities and 3 sensor probe abilities. Keep in mind that there's a shared cooldown of 20 seconds between any abilities using the same system, so you're not going to be able to use all those abilities at the same time.

Second, you have all of the efficiency skills maxed. While not a bad thing in and of itself, keep in mind that that's only helpful for whatever subsystems you have set at low power levels. Above power settings of 60 or so, efficiency has almost no effect. See the table in this System Power Guide and decide if it's worth it to you.
Holy crap what a great guide (system power)
Lt. Commander
# 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMJB View Post
Got a bit of a hybrid build going right now but when Respecs comes in, this is what I am thinking of doing for my final build
http://sto-builder.binarybit.ch/inde...7_4-62-53-106-

Loaded with dual beam banks up front with 1 trico torps and 1 quant (not sure how many weapon slots there are at last ship)
Turrets in the back
Screw it gonna add to Taeyan's comments. Admiral level weapon spec is almost never worth it compared to a lower level spec. And don't get two torp specs it's a waste. You have 16 ranks in Admiral skills, you only used 9? >.<

Everything else he said I agree with.
Lt. Commander
# 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus
This is where I am at, Cmmdr 7.

I run at ~25w ~50s ~25e ~100a, don't know the values off the top of my head. I have a dual plasma beam, photon torp, and quantum torp up front and plasma mine and turret in back. My strat is tachyon the shields, target shield systems, then hi impact and maybe debuff/brace for impact/ramming speed.

This is as far as I went in beta, any suggestions on skills that will compliment this style t4/t5?
Mines are terrible, don't run photons and quantums, 3 of those maintenance skills are giving you absolutely no benefit.
Lt. Commander
# 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiala View Post
Gonna disagree with Tae here, get both a beam and a projectile weapon. You have way too many points in operations, maxing everything leaves you weak everywhere else. Don't put points in Doctor, Researcher and Science. Choose ground healing or control. Don't try to do both with one spec.

Why why why do people waste their Admiral ranks on lower level skills. You've used 14 out of 16. Remedy this. You have way too much invested in Lt. skills.
I wouldn't say you're disagreeing with me so much as being a bit more direct about it. I'm not so big on telling people how to play. If someone wants to use a more general build that gives them flexibility at the expense of not being the absolute best at one particular spec then more power to them. I did say one weapon would be bare minimum, two being standard and anything more than that usually wasteful. Unless you're going with an unorthodox approach like some form of Torpedo boat, you are probably better off getting both weapons and I should have hit that point a little harder.

I do agree strongly with the Admiral ranks comment though. You're so limited on T5 skills as it is, using those points elsewhere just makes it worse.
Lt. Commander
# 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitrator
I'm an Engineering officer in a Science Vessel, but here's what I was thinking for my build, what do you guys think?

http://sto-builder.binarybit.ch/inde...07_4-87-61-60-

Based on your earlier feedback Kiala, I've decided to go with 2 fore dual phaser banks, 1 fore torpedo and 3 aft turrets.
As Kiala said, you don't need 2 points in every maintenance ability and you're better off picking a couple efficiencies to focus on. Unless you're planning on using the corresponding Emergency Power to X skill, dump the maintenance.

And since we've been touching on the T5 skill ranks quite a bit I'll just point out that you've given up 2 of those.

Edit: Oh and Nadion Inversion uses Weapon Performance and Weapon Maintenance if I remember correctly.
Lt. Commander
# 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiala View Post
Screw it gonna add to Taeyan's comments. Admiral level weapon spec is almost never worth it compared to a lower level spec. And don't get two torp specs it's a waste. You have 16 ranks in Admiral skills, you only used 9? >.<

Everything else he said I agree with.
Hmm I revised my build
http://sto-builder.binarybit.ch/inde...07_4-62-56-60-

Hope that is better, I took your guide under consideration regarding power setup
which I would be going 25/25 for Engines/Weapons with keeping AuX capped at 100 and dumping the rest into shields..since my borg reject got the efficiency trait.. it all works out somewhat xD
Disabler/Expose spamming for Ground.. I may change my mind and go full heals if Its necessary since I don't mind the healer role xD

Picked that particular Ship so I could get extra Engineer Consoles (EPS to feed my beams) and...Not too sure yet about the admiral skills to take so I guessed, hehe

Any suggestions on admiral?

Edit: Doh posted wrong build :x