Lt. Commander
# 1 Gravity well dmg (rank wise)?
06-09-2011, 12:38 PM
Currently debating either using feedback pulse 2, gravity well 3 or feedback pulse 3 and gravity well 1.

So my question is, whats the dmg like for gravity well 3 in comparison with gravity well 1? Is it worth a lesser rank for feedback pulse?

Cheers!

*edit* This is for pve, not pvp...just wondering about flat dmg not general usefulness.
Lt. Commander
# 2
I'd go with GW 3 and GW 1, actually.

FBP 2 isn't worth it in almost any scenario. FBP loses a lot of its usefulness in PvE since the enemies don't do that much damage to you anyways.
Lt. Commander
# 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
I'd go with GW 3 and GW 1, actually.

FBP 2 isn't worth it in almost any scenario. FBP loses a lot of its usefulness in PvE since the enemies don't do that much damage to you anyways.
I'd have to agree. You could do marvelous things with Feedback Pulse in PvP, but in PvE it's not worth the Boff slot.

Besides, GW looks better, too And we ALL know how much that matters!
Lt. Commander
# 4
GW3 is quite nice for PVE, since it pulls in the mobs on one place and if you fight 3 frigats you easly can blow them up with each other if they are all stacked on one place.
Lt. Commander
# 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornet331 View Post
GW3 is quite nice for PVE, since it pulls in the mobs on one place and if you fight 3 frigats you easly can blow them up with each other if they are all stacked on one place.
GW 3 and a Trico or Cannon: Scatter Volley rips right through them.
Lt. Commander
# 6
One of my favorite PvE combos use to work like this.

Tyken's Rift 3 (back when it would drain 70+ energy)
Torpedo spread 1 from fore, photon launcher
photonic shockwave
HYT2 from rear plasma torpedo launcher.
If done properly and done right I could destroy 3 frigates before the rift closed.

With a lot of science skills nerfed I now I use something more like this.

Gravity Well
CPB
HYT

I've yet to find a new way to take out a frig group in one pass with a science ship but i can not take out a single ship faster with a new build that looks like this.

Target shields
Tacyon beam
CPB
Target Engines
Gravity well 3
HYT
PROFIT!

So, in short, stick with gravity well for PvE. In PvP it can also be fun, but for PvP the extra damage and reduction in speed makes a huge difference.