Lt. Commander
Well I'm one KA run away from finally finishing my Borg set and I just had one question about the tractor beam I couldn't find an answer to. Does using the tractor beam trigger a global cooldown with any other powers like energy siphon or vice versa?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-10-2011, 10:13 AM
Tractor beam and Tractor beam repulsors go on a shared cooldown when the Borg Tractor is activated

Why Energy Siphon? This shares a cooldown with Gravity Well, Tachyon beam and Tykens Rift.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-10-2011, 02:03 PM
I mentioned energy siphon in particular because the assimilated tractor has the added siphon to it. I was just wondering if it had any kind of odd interaction with any abilities.

I know the breen set was pretty useless to my carrier since the siphon from that put energy siphon on a 30 second cooldown and I already chain 2 copies of siphon.
Lt. Commander
# 4 well...
06-22-2011, 11:16 PM
the borg beam hasa -9 power drain, the problem is its cd is a bit unreable outside PVP, Pve is a different story. You could getthe two off, provided the the cds, are used with the widow, and the fact the sypon is not cleared by science team.

Agian the real problem is the GCD, I would beleive that the chances of this happening...is a bit to stutational, but there is always no reason not to try it, if it works for you then by all means.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-23-2011, 08:39 AM
Well right now I'm running siphon 2 and 3 chained together on my carrier so 25 out of every 30 seconds I get 12 to 15 extra power across the board. My thinking is that I can just use the tractor as a kind of bonus siphon as long as the different cooldowns don't make it unusable like they did with the breen set bonus.