Lt. Commander
# 111
08-14-2011, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuanManChu
As I stated in the Sovereign thread...the likelihood of Cryptic listening to your wishes regarding the Akira might not end up the way you wish if the Rhode Island is any indication. See my signature to understand what I mean. Let the devs know, if we can't have carriers or universal bridge officers (which is all fine and dandy) at least give us fully diversified BoFF slots in the LTCDR seat for the federation ship classes at T-5.
The problem is, you end up replicating all of the good Bop boff layours, but none of them pay for the flexibility like the BoP does. If this continues, the BoP won't be worth flying anymore. The unique combinations are why the BoP has less hull, shields and no ensign slot. The only other option is to buff the BoP inline with the new ships being made.
Lt. Commander
# 112
08-14-2011, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebeneezergoode
The problem is, you end up replicating all of the good Bop boff layours, but none of them pay for the flexibility like the BoP does. If this continues, the BoP won't be worth flying anymore. The unique combinations are why the BoP has less hull, shields and no ensign slot. The only other option is to buff the BoP inline with the new ships being made.
*looks at the Rhose Island stats* ...unless this is what Cryptic wants for all tiers.
Lt. Commander
# 113
08-14-2011, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doylematt4 View Post
I'd go for a tier 5 Akira. Such a beautiful ship to fly. Every angle is fantastic and its so graceful in its movement.

it would need
4 forward weapons
3 rear weapons
3 enginerring consoles
2 science
3 tactical

commander and lt commander tactical slots
lt commander engineering
lt commander science
And would of course be overpowered like hell.

I think more reasonable would be:
Commander Tactical
Lieutenant Tactical
Ensign Tactical
Lieutenant Commander Engineering
Lieutenant Science
Lt. Commander
# 114
08-14-2011, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie619 View Post
CHECKMATE!!!!!!
Not really sure it's checkmate when recent developer talk has stated that there will be no federation carriers.

Lt. Commander
# 115
08-14-2011, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagardon_Kahn
Except that the ILM guy who designed it specifically refers to it as a Carrier/Gunship. Can't possibly imagine why. Screen is one thing, but if the creator has their own opinion of the ship, I'm more liable to accept their word on it. After all...it's THEIR ship, and Paramount accepted it.
Ideas get changed or dropped.
Deanna Troi was supposed to have three breasts.
She doesn't, the idea was dropped.

That's why even in the most extreme of situations we never get to see an Akira use her supposed fighter compliment.
Even when one engaged a bunch of Warbirds in Voy:"Message in a Bottle".
Maybe it's also because you can't get a 30 meter wide fighter through a 20 meter wide hangar door and they're stuck inside.
Or maybe because you can't get the ammunition for 15 torpedo launchers and some supposed 60+ fighters into a ship that size because it makes no sense.
Therfore the Akira is not the "gunship/battlecruiser/aircraft carrier" she was supposed to be.
Besides when the ship is supposed to be the über-pro blablabla etc. supercruisr that can do everything at once she was envisioned to be: why do other ships even exist?
Lt. Commander
# 116
08-14-2011, 04:25 PM
The Akira may not be a carrier, but she most definitely is a gunship.
The physical presence of all 15 torpedo launchers make that a canon fact.