Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 121
06-30-2011, 07:16 AM
Feds need another Cruiser. Y'all are just crazy.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 122
06-30-2011, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-Thy View Post
That might work too. Still there are things that an ESCORT shouldn't be able to do, and the BoP is quite clearly one.

Adding a real KDF Sci ship that doesn't run on railroads might solve the "Uni-BoP issue" too.
The intrepid is overrated :p

Dssv and veranus is fine :p the kdf one looses a eng console for that drone stuff though dont it?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 123
06-30-2011, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FurQue
I think theres something other than this broken with it. Just carbon copy the defiant R and reskin it with the raptor skin.
Not sure I follow what you are saying - are you agreeing to my solution? Because it is basically the Defiant-R copy. (Unless I misremember the turn rate difference).

Or do you think something is inherently broken about the ship's mechanics that's not directly seen?
I suspect the only thing wrong with it is that it's just not a BoP. It will always be more fun to fly a BoP, thanks to its turn rate, battle cloak and BO flexibility. Regardless how more or less powerful it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-Thy View Post
That might work too. Still there are things that an ESCORT shouldn't be able to do, and the BoP is quite clearly one.

Adding a real KDF Sci ship that doesn't run on railroads might solve the "Uni-BoP issue" too.
Commander Universal, Lt.Cmdr Tact, Lt. Science, Lt. Engineer, Ensign Universal.

But there is really no point discussing the universal slots, they won't change, there are way too many people that would see any change in that regard as a nerf, maybe even if you move up all stats to that of an MVAM. The flexibility is just the key feature people play it for. The best we can "hope" for is that it gets an Ensign BO.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 124
06-30-2011, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FurQue
Yes you can, level a klink. Though i doubt YOU would enjoy flying the squishiest (is that even a word?) ship in the game.
Hey! i have klingon in bop. I know how it is. it can be squishy yeah. but you can make it the best shieldtank and average dps. or just setup a cpbstunlolbop.
No other ship can get you that joy what bop, cause you can set it up as you want, and you can survive very long time. Or just play tricobomber, or play sci wizzard, or play tank etc. And if u are low on hull, well hit bat+evasive and just push the lolcloak.
BoP is easy to use, fun for gank, can run+cloak, can be great stunboat. everything what you want. Fixed BO station ship cant do it.
More enjoyable than any of my fed ship. Feels boring after a time, and not so challenging.
About less powerful, i cant compare because i have just klingon toon, but the dmg is fine IMO.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 125
06-30-2011, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Not sure I follow what you are saying - are you agreeing to my solution? Because it is basically the Defiant-R copy. (Unless I misremember the turn rate difference).

Or do you think something is inherently broken about the ship's mechanics that's not directly seen?
I suspect the only thing wrong with it is that it's just not a BoP. It will always be more fun to fly a BoP, thanks to its turn rate, battle cloak and BO flexibility. Regardless how more or less powerful it is.
Rumor has it that the Raptor has an inherently bad turn pivot.

Most ships turn from the middle (my AE seems to turn about halfway up the saucer section, a little bit in front of where the actual impulse engines are on the model), people who have flown the Raptor extensively claim it turns from near the back.

At least, this is how I understood it.

There's just something fishy about the Raptor.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 126
06-30-2011, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krizonar
Rumor has it that the Raptor has an inherently bad turn pivot.

Most ships turn from the middle (my AE seems to turn about halfway up the saucer section, a little bit in front of where the actual impulse engines are on the model), people who have flown the Raptor extensively claim it turns from near the back.

At least, this is how I understood it.

There's just something fishy about the Raptor.
Mmm.. I havent had problems with the Raptor, but I havent flown it THAT much in the past many months

What I thought about it back when I flew it exclusively was this:

The ship closely matches the Defiant, subtle differences (slightly lower turn, slight differences in shield/hull), but not enough to make a huge difference..

I can follow the sentiment if people think it feels wrong, pivoting around the rear end, would be logical if its pivotal axis were around the bridge section (huge engines in rear end, pushes this axis further forward) -

Maybe a change of this axis is all thats needed?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 127
06-30-2011, 09:35 AM
Every ships in this game has different turn points plus a turn modifier. Instead of a true center turn point. Fed escorts have their turn points centered (defiant) or closer to the front (FE). Which is fine but it makes turn rates different due tot he geometry of a ship. A short ship can turn 90 degrees faster than a long ship which makes sense. But this game has broken ships done by class and that each class has more the same turn rate. But unfortunately the ship models have different turn points. Example the raptor is more or less a copy of the defiant but it turns worse than the FE and that is because of the turn point being towards the heavier part of the ship which is the rear.


I really hope I am explaining this right.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:46 AM.