Lt. Commander
Are there plans or discussions on whether the interior for the ships will be added to the list of available maps on the Foundry's interior map list.

Maps I would like to see are:

TOS Constitution interior
Space Station Regular One interior and exterior
The medical bay for the current era
Enterprise era interior
Enterprise A and ST:TMP interior sets

Also, on some of the maps environment effects; SS Azula's interior with the green gas jets. How do we in the foundry shut those off, so when people activate a console or reach a marker, make it so they turn off. IS there a special page to turn off that effect of make it invisible?

I have tried several techniques to accomplish this, but have not found or discovered an easy way to do this.

Also, is there a way to walk through a map and simulate a 2 to 5 player team so we can see how the ships scale up in terms of more than one person playing the story.

So far, I have had to test this out by publishing the mission and then finding 5 people to play the mission.

Also, in the feature missions, they have cut scenes to help illustrate story elements or reveal story elements. If I design my own 3D video and store it on my own server site, can I add a link to the Foundry mission so people can see the video? Some of the 3D maps on 3D ware house are a little better. Or using iClone 4.

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-10-2011, 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klytemnestra
Are there plans or discussions on whether the interior for the ships will be added to the list of available maps on the Foundry's interior map list.

Maps I would like to see are:

TOS Constitution interior
Space Station Regular One interior and exterior
The medical bay for the current era
Enterprise era interior
Enterprise A and ST:TMP interior sets
I don't remember where or when but I believe dstahl mentioned that he would like to see these ship interiors added to the foundry (specifically, he was talking about the TOS interior). So, it's on the radar.

Quote:
Also, on some of the maps environment effects; SS Azula's interior with the green gas jets. How do we in the foundry shut those off, so when people activate a console or reach a marker, make it so they turn off. IS there a special page to turn off that effect of make it invisible?

I have tried several techniques to accomplish this, but have not found or discovered an easy way to do this.
This is easily accomplished by using "states" then using triggers. Basically, the plasma jet is visible immediately then when a component or objective is completed (like using a console), the state changes to invisible. Unfortunately, we can't have our foundry effects actually damage players but you could use something like an invisible wall to stop the player from just walking through the plasma (and have that wall disappear along with the plasma when the console is used).

Kirkfat has a 7 part trigger series of tutorials at Starbase UGC:
http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/cat...-ugc-tutorial/

Quote:
Also, is there a way to walk through a map and simulate a 2 to 5 player team so we can see how the ships scale up in terms of more than one person playing the story.

So far, I have had to test this out by publishing the mission and then finding 5 people to play the mission.
No. However, keep in mind that ground mobs never scale to the size of the team, only space.

Quote:
Also, in the feature missions, they have cut scenes to help illustrate story elements or reveal story elements. If I design my own 3D video and store it on my own server site, can I add a link to the Foundry mission so people can see the video? Some of the 3D maps on 3D ware house are a little better. Or using iClone 4.

Thank you.
It is against the rules to have links included in your foundry project.
Lt. Commander
# 3 Thank you...
06-10-2011, 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorrowedTune
I don't remember where or when but I believe dstahl mentioned that he would like to see these ship interiors added to the foundry (specifically, he was talking about the TOS interior). So, it's on the radar.

This is easily accomplished by using "states" then using triggers. Basically, the plasma jet is visible immediately then when a component or objective is completed (like using a console), the state changes to invisible. Unfortunately, we can't have our foundry effects actually damage players but you could use something like an invisible wall to stop the player from just walking through the plasma (and have that wall disappear along with the plasma when the console is used).

Kirkfat has a 7 part trigger series of tutorials at Starbase UGC:
http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/cat...-ugc-tutorial/

No. However, keep in mind that ground mobs never scale to the size of the team, only space.

It is against the rules to have links included in your foundry project.
Are you saying on maps where they have premade environments to mimic the way the map appeared in a mission, we can use invisible walls to hide the effect. I watched a couple of tutorials on the feature. I will go watch the one you recommend in case I missed that one. SO far, the newer tutorials have been very helpful for me.

In some of my missions I have been scaling up the story to lead to a real large scale battle in space and on the ground. I have run some prototypes to see how it will work. But it is hard to gauge with only one person on the test-bench.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-10-2011, 07:10 AM
Sorry, I didn't realize you were talking about "Cryptic supplied" plasma jet effects. No, you can't manipulate any pre-existing Cryptic details... the process I mentioned was how to turn them on/off if you place your own plasma jets.